• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey any Bronco fans here?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.. quite the mystery all right. Say, who was that girl that used to post here? Started with " F " I believe. She'd probably know. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.. quite the mystery all right. Say, who was that girl that used to post here? Started with " F " I believe. She'd probably know. :)

The only girl I remember I think was Morpheus

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Furby a girl? :)

Very well could be. I don't remember. I know Morpheus was as she sent me a message at one point becuase I kept calling her a man.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furby? She is still around. Not much during the offseason, but she lurks more than posts. A GREAT lady!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:) You sure ? Been awhile. Crazy world out there Mingo :)

Furby has been traveling around the world - enjoying life. I expect her back for the season.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very well could be. I don't remember. I know Morpheus was as she sent me a message at one point becuase I kept calling her a man.

I don't think Morpheus was a girl. HE was a long time poster on the CBS boards and frequently referred to his time in the Army as a Ranger. Pretty sure he was very much male. @DownSetHutch or @iknowftbll can confirm, among other CBS refugees that are on the Hoop now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Morpheus was a girl. HE was a long time poster on the CBS boards and frequently referred to his time in the Army as a Ranger. Pretty sure he was very much male. @DownSetHutch or @iknowftbll can confirm, among other CBS refugees that are on the Hoop now.

Hmmm then who am I thinking of? There was a girl that came over with us from the ESPN boards but left after the 2013 Super Bowl because well Bronco fans were getting trolled like crazy around here.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Morpheus did have a personal implosion and left after that year. I remember that quite clearly! Seahawk fans and others ate him alive. I actually miss having him around. I would be shocked if he was female but I've been wrong before. Morpheus had a serious temper and talked frequently about his time in the Rangers. Not sure who you might be thinking of. I came to the boards in 2013, after CBS shut down and I think that was about the same time that ESPN went kaput.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Morpheus did have a personal implosion and left after that year. I remember that quite clearly! Seahawk fans and others ate him alive. I actually miss having him around. I would be shocked if he was female but I've been wrong before. Morpheus had a serious temper and talked frequently about his time in the Rangers. Not sure who you might be thinking of. I came to the boards in 2013, after CBS shut down and I think that was about the same time that ESPN went kaput.

Yeah there were I think about 3 major boards that all closed down at the same time. ESPN, CBS, and maybe one over at Foxsports or something. So it was a nice infusion of people all coming together at once here. Unfortunately that Super Bowl loss really did just burn a bunch of people out. I was just trying to figure out who I was thinking of and saw other Bronco fans that were posting on the General Board at that time and who is completely gone now. Crazy to look back at that and sad to see some people who I talked football with for years completely gone.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there were I think about 3 major boards that all closed down at the same time. ESPN, CBS, and maybe one over at Foxsports or something. So it was a nice infusion of people all coming together at once here. Unfortunately that Super Bowl loss really did just burn a bunch of people out. I was just trying to figure out who I was thinking of and saw other Bronco fans that were posting on the General Board at that time and who is completely gone now. Crazy to look back at that and sad to see some people who I talked football with for years completely gone.

You're right. I was on the CBS boards for years and it's amazing how some of the posters on forums like this become a part of your family. Personalities, moods, perspectives and other things became pretty clear over time when you read the stuff from posters over and over and over. The Hoop has been a great replacement for that and I view most of the posters on this board as family now, even though I don't post much.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. I was on the CBS boards for years and it's amazing how some of the posters on forums like this become a part of your family. Personalities, moods, perspectives and other things became pretty clear over time when you read the stuff from posters over and over and over. The Hoop has been a great replacement for that and I view most of the posters on this board as family now, even though I don't post much.

That they do. Heck this board is how I got my start into actual writing about the Broncos and now doing a podcast with Nick from this board that we recently got a sponsor for. We are paid sports people now! So definitely thankful not just for that but the friendships formed on here.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That they do. Heck this board is how I got my start into actual writing about the Broncos and now doing a podcast with Nick from this board that we recently got a sponsor for. We are paid sports people now! So definitely thankful not just for that but the friendships formed on here.

I've never said anything about that CD but I think I speak for everyone on this board that we're proud to see you and Nick rise in infamy and represent our beloved Broncos!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never said anything about that CD but I think I speak for everyone on this board that we're proud to see you and Nick rise in infamy and represent our beloved Broncos!

Thanks man! We love what we do. It is actually quite a bit of work to make it all go but it is a lot of fun. And a lot of what we talk about on here helps spring ideas for us for writing and the podcast. I mean that entire draft thread was pretty much what we then turned around and said on the podcast during our evaluations of players.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks man! We love what we do. It is actually quite a bit of work to make it all go but it is a lot of fun. And a lot of what we talk about on here helps spring ideas for us for writing and the podcast. I mean that entire draft thread was pretty much what we then turned around and said on the podcast during our evaluations of players.

Yep! I wasn't posting during the "dark days" of the offseason much but I never miss an opportunity to read your posts and follow the podcast. I especially like the never-ending debates (if you can call them that) with idahoraiderfan on the Raiders board. You are the most patient poster I've ever seen, regarding that dialogue!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep! I wasn't posting during the "dark days" of the offseason much but I never miss an opportunity to read your posts and follow the podcast. I especially like the never-ending debates (if you can call them that) with idahoraiderfan on the Raiders board. You are the most patient poster I've ever seen, regarding that dialogue!

Haha I'm learning how to walk away a little faster than in the past. Every once in a while fun to mess with a Raider fan and remind them that one good season after more than a decade of some of the worst football in the NFL doesn't mean they are back or should just start considering themselves championship material. I always love the stat where since the last time the Browns and Raiders made the playoffs until this last season the Browns actually had more wins during that stretch. So as incompetent as the Browns have been and people love to make fun of them the Raiders have been worse.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this girl that might have a connection with Furby. I could be wrong. Anyway, this girl had a strong passion for her football team. Probably originated from her Dad or brother. Anyway, this girl was pretty knowledgeable about the game but her girlfriends could care less about football and her guy friends, although they pounded their chests ,wore the team hats/jerseys,acted like they were lifetime fans,etc, but when she tried to talk football with them, they didn't even know who the players were. She got frustrated and decided to hit the forums where she knew she would find knowledgeable,passionate fans. Started out ok but after awhile, the guys started posting all this girly,gossipy,silly nonsensical topics that she came here to avoid, that she soon lost interest and ventured out seeking a place where they stay on the topic ( football ) . Don't feel sorry for her. She grew up and worked around men most her life. She wasn't in work environment where there was a lot of women thus the tendencies ( like having your periods around same time ), insecurities, outburst of affection,etc were alien to her. I'm sure Furby is in good place. She seemed to have her shit together. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this girl that might have a connection with Furby. I could be wrong. Anyway, this girl had a strong passion for her football team. Probably originated from her Dad or brother. Anyway, this girl was pretty knowledgeable about the game but her girlfriends could care less about football and her guy friends, although they pounded their chests ,wore the team hats/jerseys,acted like they were lifetime fans,etc, but when she tried to talk football with them, they didn't even know who the players were. She got frustrated and decided to hit the forums where she knew she would find knowledgeable,passionate fans. Started out ok but after awhile, the guys started posting all this girly,gossipy,silly nonsensical topics that she came here to avoid, that she soon lost interest and ventured out seeking a place where they stay on the topic ( football ) . Don't feel sorry for her. She grew up and worked around men most her life. She wasn't in work environment where there was a lot of women thus the tendencies ( like having your periods around same time ), insecurities, outburst of affection,etc were alien to her. I'm sure Furby is in good place. She seemed to have her shit together. :)

My wife is slowly becoming a huge football fan. When I married her I remember her saying "I didn't know you watched this much football." Asked if she would change her mind and she said no but started making me choose whether to watch college or the NFL but couldn't watch both. Obviously chose the NFL but now she is starting to come around. When I do scouting for articles or podcasts episodes my wife and daughter help me break down film. She loves watching the games now to see if I actually know what I"m talking about of the types of plays the team should be running in certain situations. Those times I'm right she loves to have me rewind it and break down why I liked what I saw before the game and obviously that the Broncos did too. Now if we have friends over to watch the game she will start talking about trying to attack the middle linebacker in the pass game as the player struggles to keep up with TE's or RB's and some of the guys give me a look like "what the heck is your wife talking about?"