• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's the reason we aren't practicing indoors

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals outdoors for second straight day | Bengals Blog

It would cost MB 5K.

We are preparing for an indoor NFL football game on a short week.

We practice in a city that is currently experiencing very cold weather and winter-like conditions.

Our quarterback is feeling the effects of the flu.

We choose to practice outdoors to save 5K.

It's good to be a Bengal fan!

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's our exec of the year!!!! Whodey!!!!!

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be a popular guy in Washington. MB will show you how to balance the budget. No more spending. Ever!!!!

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be more valuable in Washington, that's for sure......he would rip Obama's budget to shreds....

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the Texans for closing the roof which really doesn't make it that much louder in there. Its a nice fucking day leave the roof open

daytonbenglfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
While I agree that it is ridiculous that we do not have an indoor practice facility, these are pretty mild conditions for January. I don't believe practicing indoors would make one bit of difference in our game preparation. I don't believe Dalton's flu is going to feel any different practicing indoors. He's either too sick to practice or he's not.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flu's and colds have little or nothing to do with the temperature. He's caught a bug that's been goin around. He'll puke his guts out for a day and then he'll be ok.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
INDOOR PRACTICE FIELD?????????????????WTF??????????????????

This is football people, not indoor figure skating!

Practice in the cold and you'll be better prepared no matter what the conditions. Trust me on this one. You have a half-way decent practice in the elements, then see how much better you play in the dome. Then if we have to go to Denver or NE, you'll be thanking Mike Brown.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Practice in the cold and you'll be better prepared no matter what the conditions. Trust me on this one. You have a half-way decent practice in the elements, then see how much better you play in the dome. Then if we have to go to Denver or NE, you'll be thanking Mike Brown.

well, you have to be able to contend in both.

that said, our high school team practiced in the old gym a few times I think. They still lost, but whatever.

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00

Well June going by your logic, it dosent work..The Bengals are the only team that dosent have an indoor facility..

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The University of Cincinnati approached the NFL team about jointly building a bubble-covered field when Brian Kelly was football coach, but the Bengals declined. The university then built a practice field with a removable bubble on campus. The Bengals could rent the bubble for four hours at a standard rate of $2,500, but decided against it.

read this on the fox19.com website

Dalton feeling 'great' after battling flu - FOX19 News and Weather - Greater Cincinnati Area

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Glad to see some things never change with the Bengals.

I wish I hadn't decided to come on the board today and have to read this crap.

$2500 freakin' dollars.

Btw, excuse the lack of technical terms, but viruses and such are stronger in colder temperatures than warmer temperatures. Hence why people tend to get the flu (and other sicknesses) and spread it around much more rampantly in the winter than the summer.