• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HERE WE GO-deflategate

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING NEWS:
NFL finds it probable that Patriots deliberately deflated balls.

details to come

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have been saying all along if this is accurate I'm totally disappointed in TB and the Pats.

But before I jump to conclusions I want to see the report. NFL finds it probable? What is that? Probable? He did or he didn't. Wording like probable will only feed the trolls. Wells give it to us straight or go find another job.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have been saying all along if this is accurate I'm totally disappointed in TB and the Pats.

But before I jump to conclusions I want to see the report. NFL finds it probable? What is that? Probable? He did or he didn't. Wording like probable will only feed the trolls. Wells give it to us straight or go find another job.

They found no hard evidence so they jump to conclusions and use those words so that Wells can cover his ass and justify the long investigation. I hope we hear some strong words from the Krafts.

The trolls are on a feeding frenzy.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots owner Robert Kraft released a statement following the release of the report admonishing its findings.

"Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome. To say we are disappointed in its findings, which do not include any incontrovertible or hard evidence of deliberate deflation of footballs at the AFC Championship game, would be a gross understatement."

I was hoping for something much stronger from Kraft.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wells report says Brady wouldn't turn over his phone. Duh! I wouldn't either. If I had a fine ass wife, my phone would be full of stuff I wouldn't hand over to people.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of time this took tells me this was not an investigation but a collaboration.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McNally and Jastremski are obviously a couple of clowns and if Brady had anything to do with either of them, he should be ashamed. Brady will end up paying the consequences, whatever they may be.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is not highlighted in the text of the report is that three of the Colts' four footballs measured by at least one official were under the required psi level. As far as we are aware, there is no comparable data available from any other game because, in the history of the NFL, psi levels of footballs have never been measured at halftime, in any climate.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is not highlighted in the text of the report is that three of the Colts' four footballs measured by at least one official were under the required psi level. As far as we are aware, there is no comparable data available from any other game because, in the history of the NFL, psi levels of footballs have never been measured at halftime, in any climate.

It all doesn't really mean much since they have those text messages between McNally and Jastremski. If not for those Wells wouldn't have dick in this investigation.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sincerely hope this is the beginning of the end for Roger and his kangaroo's.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sincerely hope this is the beginning of the end for Roger and his kangaroo's.

Please. Find me a commissioner of any sport that has to deal with 10% of the bullshit that Goodell has to on a daily basis.

If you were paying attention you would realize that most of the attacks on Goodell are ideologically driven.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please. Find me a commissioner of any sport that has to deal with 10% of the bullshit that Goodell has to on a daily basis.

If you were paying attention you would realize that most of the attacks on Goodell are ideologically driven.

I understand that.
I also understand that "probably" could just as easily been written as "probably not" but Roger was not going to have his 4 month investigation end with "we could not prove anything except an NFL official was corrupt".
So they put an anti Patriot spin on it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They found no hard evidence so they jump to conclusions and use those words so that Wells can cover his ass and justify the long investigation. I hope we hear some strong words from the Krafts.

The trolls are on a feeding frenzy.
I've always been fair concerning the Pats but Brady throwing two locker-room attendants under the bus and proclaiming innocence is hard to believe.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, without seeing the report, my initial assessment is that they have nothing and if they go after someone (Brady) it will be appealed and probably overturned by the players union. If they go after the organization, Kraft will likely come out swinging.

Looks like a no-win situation for the league. The spent untold millions and 4 months on a report that says "probably"?

Link -Preliminary facts:

Prioleau’s measurements were, in PSI: (1) 11.8; (2) 11.2; (3) 11.5; (4) 11.0; (5) 11.45; (6) 11.95; (7) 12.3; (8) 11.55; (9) 11.35; (10) 10.9; and (11) 11.35.

Blakeman’s measurements were, also in PSI: (1) 11.5; (2) 10.85; (3) 11.15; (4) 10.7; (5) 11.1; (6) 11.6; (7) 11.85; (8) 11.1; (9) 10.95; (10) 10.5; and (11) 10.9.

Everytime you put a needle to check pressure, you lose pressure as shown above. Accounting for a .4 PSI drop on average, the Balls were likely: 12.2, 11.6, 11.9, 11.4, 11.85, 12.35, 12.7, 11.95, 11.3 and 11.75 prior to the first reading taken.

Good luck imposing discipline with those numbers.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been fair concerning the Pats but Brady throwing two locker-room attendants under the bus and proclaiming innocence is hard to believe.

Brady didn't throw anyone under the bus. Those two jokers did that to themselves with the dumb ass text messaging between the two of them.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady didn't throw anyone under the bus. Those two jokers did that to themselves with the dumb ass text messaging between the two of them.
Jeff Saturday reported today that it is absurd that Brady was unaware that the balls were deflated.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that.
I also understand that "probably" could just as easily been written as "probably not" but Roger was not going to have his 4 month investigation end with "we could not prove anything except an NFL official was corrupt".
So they put an anti Patriot spin on it.

He was saving face but I have no idea why he felt the need to. The whole world was so cynical about the investigation anyway. Coming up with nothing would have surprised nobody.

Considering the mountain of bullshit the Pats were given when this broke ...That is pretty disingenuous for Rodger to make that implication with no facts.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
img25176347.jpg

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL investigation that found the Patriots likely deflated footballs “in a deliberate effort to circumvent the rules” relied heavily on hundreds of text messages between two New England employees – Jim McNally, the officials locker room attendant for the Patriots, and John Jastremski, the team’s equipment manager – during the weeks and months leading up to the AFC Championship Game.

A number of these communications were included in the league’s 243-page report released on Wednesday, the culmination of a nearly four-month investigation headed jointly by NFL executive vice-president Jeff Pash and prominent independent investigator Ted Wells.

What follows is a sampling of the text-message exchanges, throughout which Jastremski generally refers to McNally by his nickname “Bird”:

9 May 2014
During the offseason McNally and Jastremski exchanged the following texts in which McNally referred to himself as “the deflator”:

McNally (4:37:16pm): You working

Jastremski (4:37:53pm): Yup

McNally (4:39:40pm): Nice dude....jimmy needs some kicks....lets make a deal.....come on help the deflator

[Approximately eight minutes later.]

McNally (4:47:15pm): Chill buddy im just fuckin with you ....im not going to espn........yet

(The investigators note these messages were among those they were unable to discuss with McNally due to the refusal of counsel for the Patriots to arrange a follow-up interview with McNally.)

16 October 2014
During a Thursday night game against the New York Jets in New England, Brady complained on the sidelines about the feel and inflation level of the game balls. With the Patriots leading 17-6 at halftime, Jastremski exchanged text messages with an unidentified recipient concerning Brady’s complaints:

Jastremski (9:51:22pm): Tom is acting crazy about balls

Unidentified recipient (9:51:27pm): Ready to vomit!

Jastremski (9:53:04pm): K

Unidentified recipient (9:53:04pm): He saying there not good enough??

Jastremski (9:53:58pm): Tell later

Jastremski told investigators that Brady “knows that Jim is the referees locker room attendant,” and recalled Brady said something like, “isn’t he in there to make sure the balls are staying where they should be?” Jastremski said that he mentioned Brady’s comment to McNally on the sideline, to which McNally responded “fuck Tom”. But when interviewed by investigators, Brady claimed he did not know McNally’s name or anything about McNally’s game-day responsibilities prior to the AFC Championship Game, including whether McNally had any responsibilities relating to game balls.

17 October 2014
Shortly after 9am on the morning after the Patriots’ 27-25 win over the Jets, McNally and Jastremski exchanged the following messages:

McNally (9:05:45am): Tom sucks...im going make that next ball a fuckin balloon

Jastremski (9:07:08am): Talked to him last night. He actually brought you up and said you must have a lot of stress trying to get them done...

Jastremski (9:07:37am): I told him it was. He was right though...

Jastremski (9:08:07am): I checked some of the balls this morn... The refs fucked us...a few of then were at almost 16

Jastremski (9:08:29am): They didnt recheck then after they put air in them

McNally (9:16:31am): Fuck tom ...16 is nothing...wait till next sunday

Jastremski (9:16:52am): Omg! Spaz

When interviewed, both Jastremski and McNally told investigators that McNally’s “fuckin balloon” message referenced Brady’s conduct during the Jets game. One hour prior to this exchange, Jastremski sent the following messages to his fiancée:

Jastremski (8:04:56am): Ugh...Tom was right.

Jastremski (8:05:23am): I just measured some of the balls. They supposed to be 13 lbs... They were like 16. Felt like bricks

21 October 2014
McNally and Jastremski exchanged the following text messages ahead of a Sunday game against the Chicago Bears:

McNally (1:56:13pm): Make sure you blow up the ball to look like a rugby ball so tom can get used to it before sunday

Jastremski (2:05:21pm): Omg

When interviewed, McNally told investigators his reference to “a rugby ball” meant a heavily inflated football.

23 October 2014
Three days before the Bears game, Jastremski and McNally exchanged the following messages:

Jastremski (6:47:21pm): Can’t wait to give you your needle this week :)

McNally (6:54:40pm): Fuck tom....make sure the pump is attached to the needle.....fuckin watermelons coming

Jastremski (6:56:13pm): So angry

McNally (7:04:42pm): The only thing deflating sun..is his passing rating

24 October 2014
The next day, Jastremski and McNally exchanged the following messages:

Jastremski (4:47:53pm): I have a big needle for u this week

McNally (5:00:59pm): Better be surrounded by cash and newkicks....or its a rugby sunday

McNally (5:13:40pm): Fuck tom

Jastremski (5:15:52pm): Maybe u will have some nice size 11s in ur locker

McNally (5:31:07pm): Tom must really be working your balls hard this week

25 October 2014
The day before the Chicago game, McNally and Jastremski exchanged the following messages:

Jastremski (3:14:43pm): Size 11?

Jastremski (3:14:54pm): 2 or 3X?

McNally (4:05:34pm): Tom must really be on you

McNally (4:05:39pm): 11 0r 11 half......2x unless its tight fitting

Jastremski (4:06:39pm): Nah. Hasn’t even mentioned it, figured u should get something since he gives u nothing

Jastremski (4:07:12pm): Granted I already left stadium so unless Dave leaves room tomorrow then it’ll wait till next week

McNally (4:09:10pm): No prob

McNally told investigators he understood “unless Dave leaves the room” as a reference to New England head equipment manager Dave Schoenfeld and that he did not want Schoenfeld to see Jastremski provide McNally with clothing and sneakers. Jastremski believes he gave McNally the requested gear – a hooded sweatshirt and a pair of sneakers – sometime around 7 January 2015 ahead of the Patriots’ AFC divisional playoff game against the Baltimore Ravens.

30 November 2014
A text message sent by McNally to Jastremski at 6.01pm ET during a Patriots road game against the Green Bay Packers includes another reference to football deflation:

McNally (6:01:08pm): Deflate and give somebody that jkt

With kickoff scheduled for 4.25pm ET, it’s likely the text message was sent at or around halftime. Investigators were unable to discuss the message with McNally because counsel for the Patriots refused to make McNally available for a requested follow-up interview.

7 January 2015
Eleven days before the AFC Championship Game, McNally and Jastremski discussed how McNally would have a “big autograph day” and receive items autographed by Brady the following weekend, before the playoff game against the Baltimore Ravens. McNally and Jastremski exchanged the following text messages:

McNally (9:48:03am): Remember to put a couple sweet pig skins ready for tom to sign

Jastremski (9:48:26pm): U got it kid...big autograph day for you

McNally (9:51:19am): Nice throw some kicks in and make it real special

Jastremski (9:51:44am): It ur lucky. 11?

McNally (10:10:11am): 11 or 11 and half kid

19 January 2015
At 7.04am the morning after the AFC Championship Game, Jastremski accessed the Pro Football Talk story that had been posted at 2.19am regarding the NFL’s investigation of the deflation issue. At 7.25am after an exchange of texts with Schoenfeld, Jastremski sent the following text to Brady:

Jastremski (7:25:18am): Call me when you get a second

Brady called Jastremski less than a minute later and they spoke for 13 minutes, four seconds. Although he told NFL security investigators on 20 January that he’d not discussed the deflation issue with anyone other than McNally, Jastremski told investigators in February that he discussed the issue with Brady during this call. Jastremski added this was “probably” the only conversation he had with Brady, by phone or in person, addressing the deflation issue.