• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Herbstreit's Early Top 5 for 2016

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson is going to be too much for a team breaking in a new DC the kid is just too good. He almost single handily beat Alabama with a walk on receiver at that. I look for Clemson to win it all next year especially playing in the ACC and no Notre Dame on the schedule.

They will have to be careful though a one loss ACC team could get left out and winning every game is just plain hard to do.

There's no chance a one loss Clemson or Florida State is left out. Both of their schedules are solid next year. Baring a lot of teams at the time, then it's possible for the ACC to be left out. But I don't see how they could leave them out considering their success over the last 5 years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep sleeping on Ohio St. They lose basically the same amount as Bama, except they know who their QB is.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no chance a one loss Clemson or Florida State is left out. Both of their schedules are solid next year. Baring a lot of teams at the time, then it's possible for the ACC to be left out. But I don't see how they could leave them out considering their success over the last 5 years.
Baylor or Oklahoma could run the Big 12
USC or Stanford could run the PAC (PAC did not have a representative this year committee will want them in even with 1 loss)
1 loss SEC team
1 loss B1G team

So it's possible depends on when the losses come and to whom. Ohio state sat home with one loss and they won it the year before.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep sleeping on Ohio St. They lose basically the same amount as Bama, except they know who their QB is.
You want tOSU to feel disrespected that can fuel the season.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn will probably be in the preseason top 20 for 2 reasons:

1. They were in every game except LSU in the 4th qtr.
2. The main issue was at the QB position and they a fix that will probably be hyped.

Will they be able to earn the ranking? I have no idea but I would really prefer they not be ranked as they do much better when expectations are low and they are under the radar. Auburn has proven time and again they can't handle expectations.

But before anyone pops off about Auburn being grossly over ranked every year don't forget in the last 5 years we have won one national championship and lost another in the last 12 seconds by 3 points. Only Alabama can claim to have done more.

Plus they stole the Penn State OL coach. Apparently they get confused between Os and Ds.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want tOSU to feel disrespected that can fuel the season.

They already are being disrespected. They lost one game by 3 points and just bc they lose some key players they basically have no chance. Fine with me :happy:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isnt that what Ohio State fans said last year?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already are being disrespected. They lost one game by 3 points and just bc they lose some key players they basically have no chance. Fine with me :happy:

Its Jan, take a prozac. You keep this up you combust by Aug

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'm looking at Ole Miss' depth chart from last year and it looks like:

1. On the offensive line they only return the RG (who was a freshman)
2. Lose Treadwell & Cody at receiver (both starters)
3. Lose Jaylen the RB
4. Lose just over half their defensive starters
5. Lose both Punt and Kick returners

They will be rebuilding an O-Line and trying to replace Treadwell on offense and they are going to be super young on defense it looks like.

You take Treadwell, Tunsil and the Nkemdiche brothers off the team this year and they lose to Alabama, Arkansas and probably Miss State & Auburn.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Iowa get so lucky when it comes to their B1G schedule? Their OOC schedule is embarrassing enough!

Iowa 2016:
Miami (Ohio)
Iowa St
N Dakota St.
@ Rutgers
Northwestern
@ Minny
@ Purdue
Wisconsin
@ Penn St
Michigan
@ Illinois
Nebraska

No Ohio St, or Michigan St

The only real tough games they have are at home (Wisc, Nebraska and Michigan), and Michigan is a wildcard as they aren't bringing back a QB with any real experience (plus losing a chunk of guys from this years squad).
ND State anybody?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'm looking at Ole Miss' depth chart from last year and it looks like:

1. On the offensive line they only return the RG (who was a freshman)
2. Lose Treadwell & Cody at receiver (both starters)
3. Lose Jaylen the RB
4. Lose just over half their defensive starters
5. Lose both Punt and Kick returners

They will be rebuilding an O-Line and trying to replace Treadwell on offense and they are going to be super young on defense it looks like.

You take Treadwell, Tunsil and the Nkemdiche brothers off the team this year and they lose to Alabama, Arkansas and probably Miss State & Auburn.

But their last two recruiting classes have been good. They will still be really good on offense. The defense had a lot of injuries, but Freeze recruited good enough to have solid guys playing this year. They will beat Miss St and probably Auburn. They might have some trouble with FSU and Bama. Arkansas wont be as good next year, but gives them troubles.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But their last two recruiting classes have been good. They will still be really good on offense. The defense had a lot of injuries, but Freeze recruited good enough to have solid guys playing this year. They will beat Miss St and probably Auburn. They might have some trouble with FSU and Bama. Arkansas wont be as good next year, but gives them troubles.
What does Arkansas lose?

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking quarterbacks....

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite my brains protests that you are a troll, I will post a legitimate post.

Michigan State is losing two offensive lineman from a good OLine, the starting QB, our top threat wide receivers, and the heart and soul of the DLine in Calhoun. We do not have the recruiting classes to just reload like some top teams.

Michigan is losing a third of their scholarship players and there is a giant question mark at QB, should return a stout defense though.

Ohio State is losing a ton of quality players, and does have the depth to replace the starters, do they have the depth to replace the backups leaves a question.

Iowa is a Jeckel and Hyde team and who knows what you will get next year.

Wisconsin has a brutal schedule from last week of September through end of October.

There really are too many questions to pick out a team to come out of the Big Ten and not sound like a homer.
Iowa returns pretty much everyone of relevance and will probably be top 10-12 preseason do I'm pretty confident in saying they'll go 7-5