• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Herbstreit's Early Top 5 for 2016

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1..Clemson
2..Bama
3..LSU
4..Stanford
5..Ole Miss

What are your thoughts? Does LSU, Stanford, and Ole Miss deserve their spots? I think Clemson and 'Bama are a "no brainer" for the top two spots. Who would you replace on that list, if any teams need replacing in your opinion.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
needs more SEC :dhd:

I was beginning to buy into the whole argument that the rest of college football had finally caught up to the SEC (outside of 'Bama), but then bowl season happened. I don't put a HUGE amount of weight in non playoff bowl games, but the SEC seems to still be in the drivers seat of college football. We'll see during next season if they are officially a league of their own again. Several teams in the SEC looked pretty shaky this year, and I'm not sure how much better many of those teams will be next season.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU is Loaded next year. If Brandon Harris can at least become a formidable passer then they are gonna be tough to beat.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU is always the same. 21 players that can beat you and oh that QB.
Not sure on Ole Miss.
I dont believe the Stanford hype.

I think this is more of "bowl hype" than "sec hype"... I would FSU in that group.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU is Loaded next year. If Brandon Harris can at least become a formidable passer then they are gonna be tough to beat.
LSU is always loaded. Always. They're still going to be a completely 1-dimensional offense because Les has no idea how to develop a QB. Putting them in the top 5 is pretty stupid.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was beginning to buy into the whole argument that the rest of college football had finally caught up to the SEC (outside of 'Bama), but then bowl season happened. I don't put a HUGE amount of weight in non playoff bowl games, but the SEC seems to still be in the drivers seat of college football. We'll see during next season if they are officially a league of their own again. Several teams in the SEC looked pretty shaky this year, and I'm not sure how much better many of those teams will be next season.
I think there's more parity than the bowl games led on. Tennessee should have played Michigan and Florida against Northwestern would have made more sense, but that's easy to say after the fact. It's way to early to do a top 5 in my opinion.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford loses everyone except media darling McCaffrey, who probably wont have as dominant as a year next year given everyone around him is gone.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's more parity than the bowl games led on. Tennessee should have played Michigan and Florida against Northwestern would have made more sense, but that's easy to say after the fact. It's way to early to do a top 5 in my opinion.
The Tennessee-michigan game would've been very fun to watch, but the NW-Florida game would've been like watching senior citizens putt-putt.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Ole Miss or Lsu being better than Oklahoma with Mayfield/Perine/Mixon back.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU is always loaded. Always. They're still going to be a completely 1-dimensional offense because Les has no idea how to develop a QB. Putting them in the top 5 is pretty stupid.

Like almost every starter is coming back next year. The last 2 years they have been hurt by a lot of juniors leaving, Something tOSU fans will find out about next year.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1..Clemson
2..Bama
3..LSU
4..Stanford
5..Ole Miss

What are your thoughts? Does LSU, Stanford, and Ole Miss deserve their spots? I think Clemson and 'Bama are a "no brainer" for the top two spots. Who would you replace on that list, if any teams need replacing in your opinion.

:herbie:

LOL when the very face of the Big Ten conference picks four-of-five SEC schools for the Top 5. :pound:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like almost every starter is coming back next year. The last 2 years they have been hurt by a lot of juniors leaving, Something tOSU fans will find out about next year.
They're replacing a few key guys, but they still have no QB.

BTW - almost every key player on OSU's championship team last year was an underclassman and the majority of them were first-year starters, and unlike LSU, we actually have a very good QB.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're replacing a few key guys, but they still have no QB.

BTW - almost every key player on OSU's championship team last year was an underclassman and the majority of them were first-year starters, and unlike LSU, we actually have a very good QB.

tOSU will lose 5 games next year. The stress is gonna start getting to Urbs.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 rosters maybe... that is reasonable. But there won't be 3 SEC teams finishing top 5.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early top 4 for me would be between

1. Clemson/Florida State
2. Alabama/LSU
3. Michigan/Michigan State
4. Notre Dame/Baylor/Stanford

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Ole Miss or Lsu being better than Oklahoma with Mayfield/Perine/Mixon back.
Those the same guys that lost to Texas this year? I swear every year it's the same with you guys and every year it's heart break because you do not learn.

Ole Miss loses way too much for this for that ranking.
LSU could go either way but my guess is they will win 10 games as always and miss the boat.
Stanford is replacing a 4 year starter at QB and that isn't easy.

Clemson
Alabama
Michigan - Depending on what they lose.
Baylor - They are a system now and not dependent on individual players.
Notre Dame - They lost a ton to injuries last year and get Zaire (QB) back so they will be interesting.
OKlahoma - I would put in the top 10.
Tennessee - They might actually make some real noise this year.
USC - They always recruit well and Helton will bring stability.
Houston - They were impressive don't see why they can't do it again.
LSU - Better spot for them

You can play with the order and some may not work out but that is about where I would have them. Truth is you don't know until they hit the field.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:herbie:

LOL when the very face of the Big Ten conference picks four-of-five SEC schools for the Top 5. :pound:
Despite my brains protests that you are a troll, I will post a legitimate post.

Michigan State is losing two offensive lineman from a good OLine, the starting QB, our top threat wide receivers, and the heart and soul of the DLine in Calhoun. We do not have the recruiting classes to just reload like some top teams.

Michigan is losing a third of their scholarship players and there is a giant question mark at QB, should return a stout defense though.

Ohio State is losing a ton of quality players, and does have the depth to replace the starters, do they have the depth to replace the backups leaves a question.

Iowa is a Jeckel and Hyde team and who knows what you will get next year.

Wisconsin has a brutal schedule from last week of September through end of October.

There really are too many questions to pick out a team to come out of the Big Ten and not sound like a homer.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh let me put Iowa in there as I'm sure their schedule is complete shit again and I will be right for at least 6 weeks.