• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Herbstreit's Early Top 5 for 2016

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the idea of Stanford as a top 5 team. They are losing their QB. And more importantly the PAC 12 is a pot luck dinner when it comes to handicapping the teams.

No way does the SEC get 3 teams in the top 5. Just through attrition they will knock each other off.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite my brains protests that you are a troll, I will post a legitimate post.

Michigan State is losing two offensive lineman from a good OLine, the starting QB, our top threat wide receivers, and the heart and soul of the DLine in Calhoun. We do not have the recruiting classes to just reload like some top teams.

Michigan is losing a third of their scholarship players and there is a giant question mark at QB, should return a stout defense though.

Ohio State is losing a ton of quality players, and does have the depth to replace the starters, do they have the depth to replace the backups leaves a question.

Iowa is a Jeckel and Hyde team and who knows what you will get next year.

Wisconsin has a brutal schedule from last week of September through end of October.

There really are too many questions to pick out a team to come out of the Big Ten and not sound like a homer.
infinite-yes-daniel-bryan.gif

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh let me put Iowa in there as I'm sure their schedule is complete shit again and I will be right for at least 6 weeks.

How does Iowa get so lucky when it comes to their B1G schedule? Their OOC schedule is embarrassing enough!

Iowa 2016:
Miami (Ohio)
Iowa St
N Dakota St.
@ Rutgers
Northwestern
@ Minny
@ Purdue
Wisconsin
@ Penn St
Michigan
@ Illinois
Nebraska

No Ohio St, or Michigan St

The only real tough games they have are at home (Wisc, Nebraska and Michigan), and Michigan is a wildcard as they aren't bringing back a QB with any real experience (plus losing a chunk of guys from this years squad).

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Iowa get so lucky when it comes to their B1G schedule? Their OOC schedule is embarrassing enough!

Iowa 2016:
Miami (Ohio)
Iowa St
N Dakota St.
@ Rutgers
Northwestern
@ Minny
@ Purdue
Wisconsin
@ Penn St
Michigan
@ Illinois
Nebraska

The only real tough games they have are at home (Wisc, Nebraska and Michigan), and Michigan is a wildcard as they aren't bringing back a QB with any real experience (plus losing a chunk of guys from this years squad).

Fucking Iowa man. They're going to win at least 9 games. Sucks. Most overrated team in the country.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State
5. USC

It's going to happen, so the media can hype up top 5 match ups. Don't be surprised if they sneak Auburn up into the top 15 so their game against Clemson can get some hype too.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Iowa man. They're going to win at least 9 games. Sucks. Most overrated team in the country.

I like listening to Cowherd talk about them. He said that when Iowa's program and some of their fans complain about not getting enough respect, he says they are like a 16 kid with a fake id. They are trying to get into places they don't belong. He says until they start scheduling some decent OOC games, they shouldn't be anywhere near a major bowl.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like listening to Cowherd talk about them. He said that when Iowa's program and some of their fans complain about not getting enough respect, he says they are like a 16 kid with a fake id. They are trying to get into places they don't belong. He says until they start scheduling some decent OOC games, they shouldn't be anywhere near a major bowl.

I agree. I understand keeping the game with Iowa State because of their rivalry game, but there's no excuse why they can't schedule a top Big 12 school to play at a neutral site or something. And yeah. Cowherd is hilarious. Though he can be an asshole.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those the same guys that lost to Texas this year? I swear every year it's the same with you guys and every year it's heart break because you do not learn.
O.

What the playoffs? We will take that I guess.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iowa 2016:
Miami (Ohio)
Iowa St
N Dakota St.
@ Rutgers
Northwestern
@ Minny
@ Purdue
Wisconsin
@ Penn St
Michigan
@ Illinois
Nebraska

Look at Wisconsin's schedule and it's like the anti-Iowa schedule through the end of October

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Wisconsin's schedule and it's like the anti-Iowa schedule through the end of October

WOW!

Wisconsin's first 6 games:
LSU
Akron
Georgia St.
Michigan
Michigan St
Ohio St

BRUTAL!

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget after that it's
Bye
Iowa
Nebraska

yeah, I don't give much respect to Iowa...of course Nebraska could have a turn around season next year after that win against UCLA.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbie brain-farted. Tennessee isn't among his five.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State
5. USC

It's going to happen, so the media can hype up top 5 match ups. Don't be surprised if they sneak Auburn up into the top 15 so their game against Clemson can get some hype too.
Auburn will probably be in the preseason top 20 for 2 reasons:

1. They were in every game except LSU in the 4th qtr.
2. The main issue was at the QB position and they a fix that will probably be hyped.

Will they be able to earn the ranking? I have no idea but I would really prefer they not be ranked as they do much better when expectations are low and they are under the radar. Auburn has proven time and again they can't handle expectations.

But before anyone pops off about Auburn being grossly over ranked every year don't forget in the last 5 years we have won one national championship and lost another in the last 12 seconds by 3 points. Only Alabama can claim to have done more.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn will probably be in the preseason top 20 for 2 reasons:

1. They were in every game except LSU in the 4th qtr.
2. The main issue was at the QB position and they a fix that will probably be hyped.

Will they be able to earn the ranking? I have no idea but I would really prefer they not be ranked as they do much better when expectations are low and they are under the radar. Auburn has proven time and again they can't handle expectations.

But before anyone pops off about Auburn being grossly over ranked every year don't forget in the last 5 years we have won one national championship and lost another in the last 12 seconds by 3 points. Only Alabama can claim to have done more.

Definitely. We only shit on you because...well...you're Auburn. They are a top 25 program for sure. I wouldn't trust them under the lights though. Kind of like Clemson. That should be a fun game.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. We only shit on you because...well...you're Auburn. They are a top 25 program for sure. I wouldn't trust them under the lights though. Kind of like Clemson. That should be a fun game.
Watson is going to be too much for a team breaking in a new DC the kid is just too good. He almost single handily beat Alabama with a walk on receiver at that. I look for Clemson to win it all next year especially playing in the ACC and no Notre Dame on the schedule.

They will have to be careful though a one loss ACC team could get left out and winning every game is just plain hard to do.