• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hello - Burgh Sports Rule

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi folks. I just wanted to let you know that I am a new member over here.

I didn't post much but I used to read many of your posts on the Pittsburgh team boards over on ESPN.

I think we can all agree that the new ESPN Boards Suck!

I look forward to being able to continue to read the thoughts of you folks on Pittsburgh Sports, here on these boards & maybe I will try to contribute to the discussion from time to time, if you guys don't mind?

I go by the name of Burgh Sports Rule.

Anyway, nice to be able to read you guys again.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to SportsHoopla. There are plenty of Pittsburgh sports fans here.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of Steelers football fans here. They mostly post on the Steelers BS thread, in the Steeler forum. They are a good bunch to chat with.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome, Burgh. Are you actually in the Pittsburgh area?

Most of the Steelers fans on here are refugees from Fox. We got tired of being censored and/or deleted, so here we are.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta put a good word out for the Steeler peeps. :)

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are one of the few who actually live in Pittsburgh and post; most of the regulars are out of state Pirates fans.

Burgh...welcome!....Yeah, element, not many of us are there?

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, too, am long gone.

Born (in 1943) and raised in Pittsburgh and went to school (Carnegie Tech) there. Moved to Virginia when I went to work in 1964..... and am now retired in Virginia (where my grown children and grandchildren live).

I still have family in Pittsburgh and visit fairly often. I used to attend 3 or 4 Pirate games each season, but haven't done that since 2009. My only remaining family member in Pittsburgh who was a Pirate fan was my father-in-law. His physical condition was too bad during the 2010 season to attend games. Then he passed away in January (at age 92). I gotta find someone in Pittsburgh to go to games with..... seems that it's just not as much fun with no one to talk to.

And WELCOME Burgh Sports Rule. Glad you could join us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome, Burgh! I am a recent defector from the Pittsburgh area, relocating all the way to Tucson, and I agree that it's good to have at least a couple at home holding down the fort.

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm originally from the south side. Mt. Oliver and Bethel Park. Moved to Harrisburg when I was 7 years old and aside from stays in Charleston, SC, Saratoga Springs, NY and Pearl Harbor, HI that's where I still live today.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I may be the oddest of the bunch, as I have never lived in Pittsburgh, or even Pennsylvania for that matter. I was born and raised in rural Illinois, joined the Navy out of HS and spent most of my time in the Navy in Norfolk, Va. I retired from the Navy earlier this year and now live in Kenosha, Wi.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burgh...welcome!....Yeah, element, not many of us are there?

For sure, but I guess if you live in Pittsburgh it is easier to talk about the hometown teams without having to go to a message board.

I'm hoping I don't have to join the bunch since the job market sucks here for recent graduates.

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks again, everyone. Again, I am Happy I finally got up enough nerve to join a Sports Message Board & I look forward to talking every now & again with all of you guys.

WVU, I have to say, that outside of my Home City of Pittsburgh you live in my favorite city in this country. I Absolutely Love Las Vegas! I have vacationed there 4 times!

I Love that place! For obvious reasons. LOL! It is the one vacation spot in this country in my mind, that caters to adults & let's adults have a good time on vacation.

My Favorite vacation spot ever!