• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat Want to Form Big Four with Melo

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for it. I fuckin' hate the NBA but bringing Melo to the Heat should mean no title for OKC.

tee hee

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for it. I fuckin' hate the NBA but bringing Melo to the Heat should mean no title for OKC.

tee hee

Awww...you still hate Seattle doesn't have a team, I'm guessing

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Yet my favorite team is the Celtics and I take the time
to post on NBA sports threads, while trying to evaluate the % of Anthony joining the Heat' :wtf2:

Doesn't mean I am not a fan of sports and can talk sports...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over/Under 10% for the percentage of people that say "I don't watch the NBA anymore" or "I'm never going to watch the NBA anymore" that actually don't watch the NBA or actually follow through with the threat to stop watching?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't mean I am not a fan of sports and can talk sports...

True...But how can you, and why would you want to talk about something you don't watch/follow.

That would be like me trying to talk about soccer.:noidea:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of your points are very valid (though I think over-exaggerated). However, its the way they are trying to go about it that people don't and are not going to like. The Heat had probably the easiest route to the finals ever - and now they are trying to make it easier

Fans want to see competition, while the Heat are trying to shy away from it.

I'm not buying. Fans want THEIR team to be the one making the big moves. If this was happening to any other team, and people here were fans of that team, they would be drooling of the thought of having a perceived loaded team.

The only ones who are going to like this will be Heat fans.
]

Of course. See above.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why heat fans would be against this? They would walk to a championship!

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of your points are very valid (though I think over-exaggerated). However, its the way they are trying to go about it that people don't and are not going to like. The Heat had probably the easiest route to the finals ever - and now they are trying to make it easier

I'm not buying. Fans want THEIR team to be the one making the big moves. If this was happening to any other team, and people here were fans of that team, they would be drooling of the thought of having a perceived loaded team.

]

Of course. See above.

Correct, we are agreeing. Heat fans will like this because a manufactured artificial championship is still a championship. Everyone else won't like it because its a direction we don't want to see the sport going.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo isn't going anywhere. He can make more money in NY and he wants to be there.

He has yet to sign in NY. Where there's smoke, there's certainly fire.

you're god damn correct

I admire your stance. It was great to see the city of Seattle support the Heat in the 2012 Finals.

Over/Under 10% for the percentage of people that say "I don't watch the NBA anymore" or "I'm never going to watch the NBA anymore" that actually don't watch the NBA or actually follow through with the threat to stop watching?

Some fans are getting seriously butt hurt over rumors.

From a salary cap respective, this could all work as each of Miami's big 3 can opt out. I read Michael Wallace's column yesterday about how Lebron made around $70 million this year with some of his investments paying off big. Melo doesn't make as much as Lebron off the court, but he does well still, probably around where Wade is at.

Bosh shouldn't be making the money he is, he should be making around what Ibaka is given the role he has on this team. For Lebron, this move would work out as this would probably extend his career given the miles he's put on the last 4 years, ever since coming to Miami. Melo plays the win and is an elite player in his own right.

The problem with Melo as has already been pointed out is that he doesn't strike me as the type of guy that would adopt the defensive philosophy that Miami incorporates. Even more, as robtoxin pointed out, Melo is a proverbial black hole with the ball and this would certainly take touches away from Lebron. The move could work, but if he were to come to Miami, there would definitely be an adjustment period similar to what we saw in 2010.

I share the same stance as bk though. I'd rather Miami be able to attract a legit big man to help with rebounding, and move Cole to the starting PG position while drafting Shabazz Napier out of UCONN. While adding Melo would be nice, I remember the 2004 Lakers failing given all the talent they had in one team when they added Gary Payton and Karl Malone. Having an abundant amount of talent doesn't always work out.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

]

Of course. See above.

I agree. If the Lakers were pulling this off, I'd be pissed as well. Like you said, fans want to see their own teams win.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of your points are very valid (though I think over-exaggerated). However, its the way they are trying to go about it that people don't and are not going to like. The Heat had probably the easiest route to the finals ever - and now they are trying to make it easier. Fans want to see competition, while the Heat are trying to shy away from it.

The only ones who are going to like this will be Heat fans. When you are completely on an island, its fair to say your bias may be getting in they way of your thinking.

The first year the NBA expanded the playoffs to 8 teams was 1984-85. Lakers won the title that year. Here's their opponents (1st round to the CF's) records leading up to the Finals.

1984-85 Lakers
36-46....42-40....52-30... 125W's-116L's

1985-86 Boston.
30-52....50-32...57-25...137-109

1986-1987 Lakers
37-45....42-40...39-43... 113-128

1987-88 Lakers again
31-51....47-35....53-29.... 131-105

1988-89 Pistons
42-40....49-33....47-35....138 108

1989-90 Pistons again
42-40...45-37....55-27....142-104

2013-14 Heat the first 3 rounds.
43-39....44-38....56-26....143-103

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has yet to sign in NY. Where there's smoke, there's certainly fire.

I admire your stance. It was great to see the city of Seattle support the Heat in the 2012 Finals.

Some fans are getting seriously butt hurt over rumors.

From a salary cap respective, this could all work as each of Miami's big 3 can opt out. I read Michael Wallace's column yesterday about how Lebron made around $70 million this year with some of his investments paying off big. Melo doesn't make as much as Lebron off the court, but he does well still, probably around where Wade is at.

Bosh shouldn't be making the money he is, he should be making around what Ibaka is given the role he has on this team. For Lebron, this move would work out as this would probably extend his career given the miles he's put on the last 4 years, ever since coming to Miami. Melo plays the win and is an elite player in his own right.

The problem with Melo as has already been pointed out is that he doesn't strike me as the type of guy that would adopt the defensive philosophy that Miami incorporates. Even more, as robtoxin pointed out, Melo is a proverbial black hole with the ball and this would certainly take touches away from Lebron. The move could work, but if he were to come to Miami, there would definitely be an adjustment period similar to what we saw in 2010.

Everyone said Wade/James couldn't function together at first.
Anthony was fine on the Olympic team.
Its just a matter of everyone knowing and accepting their role.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo is just waiting on Lebron. He wants to know what he is doing before making any decision.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If the Lakers were pulling this off, I'd be pissed as well. Like you said, fans want to see their own teams win.

No.
Lakers fans are never jealous of or admire the Heats current success. They are content with their past history.
They don't mind the Heat winning , instead of them, had they gone about it the 'right' way :laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would just give me more reason to route against the heat.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo on that team, there isn't enough game time to get everyone their stats. Would be epic with Melo in that mix.

Would it?

Even if you ignore the defense which Melo is not going to play, he seems like a real poor fit to me. He might be a great individual player but he's never going to work well with other stars for any length of time.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a complete a joke. Its already bad enough the way Miami is. How much more help can "one of the greatest players" in LeBron possibly need?

Does he really get a lot?

I don't even know why we continue to call them the Big 3. At this point in their careers Bosh and Wade are closer to Chris Andersen than LeBron James.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA wont let it happen. Miami already tried killing the NBA once, I cant see it happening again. Also I don't think Melo would do it. He has said many times he wants to beat LBJ and Miami.

As a fan of the NBA lets hope this doesn't happen. I mean I can see LBJ going to NY to play with Melo there.