• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat vs Pacers ECF

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's something a team takes. indiana isnt good enough to take this game. you know it. i know it.. and by 11pm eastern time, the sports world will know it.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Music to my ears....we may be breaking a bottle of bubbly soon CL. :laugh3:

heh, we'll see soon enough. i think Horns was right earlier. this season was all set up to be the Heat's party, their mark on the history of the league. the hit on LeClown's legacy(if they lose) would be hurtful, maybe VERY hurtful...

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT, to be fair on the Pacers end it's ALSO about keeping the mistakes by the guards TO's down. if the Heat can force a lot of TO's(and they have been for the most part) it could be THEM who are in trouble...

That's pretty much how the Heat counter their lack of rebounding. Force TOs and get easy buckets. Get out quickly off long rebounds. If Indy kills the Heat on the boards again and is able to play their pace, life will be difficult for the Heat.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's something a team takes. indiana isnt good enough to take this game. you know it. i know it.. and by 11pm eastern time, the sports world will know it.

LOL, ok if you say so. i'll be the first one to tell you i don't know a DAMN thing 'til the games played. i've ALWAYS said not a damn thing is etched in stone...:lol:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or lose, what do you think Riley does? There have been Greg Oden rumors. Good luck with that brittle big man. Remember now that the Heat have very little flexibility this summer. I think finding anything good for an affordable price will be difficult. I don't put anything past Riley though.

Say what you will about Miami, but you never hear the Hater's say Riley is stupid. I dont think he signs Oden, unless its for whatever vet minimum he qualifies for. If that's his price tag, then it is worth the risk.. anything more it isnt. Riley knows that. Riley found birdman on top of the NBA trash heap this year. Im not sure how amnesty works, but there may be a couple guys that we have eligible for amnesty.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about Miami, but you never hear the Hater's say Riley is stupid. I dont think he signs Oden, unless its for whatever vet minimum he qualifies for. If that's his price tag, then it is worth the risk.. anything more it isnt. Riley knows that. Riley found birdman on top of the NBA trash heap this year. Im not sure how amnesty works, but there may be a couple guys that we have eligible for amnesty.

NO ONE is crazy enough to sign Oden up. not even the Heat, and they're BADLY in need of inside presence this coming off-season...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A vet minimum is certainly worth the risk. I'm not sure him clogging the paint would be helpful for the Heat anyway.

The Heat haven't used their amnesty provision yet, so they could use it on a player signed before the current CBA. The list includes James, Bosh, Wade, and Miller. I think Miller goes from that list!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
course thinking about it, if you can actually AFFORD to plunk down 5.9 mil on a bet and it doesn't absolutely KILL you i'd say you ain't hurting for a helluva lot...

He'll make up for it with his next big fight pay day. Dude kills it with the pay-per-views.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you do understand the value of a dominant big man. We heard a lot all season long about how the league is changing. Small ball rules now seeing as the Heat just won a title that way.

Turns out the game of basketball is still the same. Having a dominant interior game is still a method for success. Small ball may work against many teams, but when faced with a dominant interior opponent the flaws are exposed.

Win or lose, what do you think Riley does? There have been Greg Oden rumors. Good luck with that brittle big man. Remember now that the Heat have very little flexibility this summer. I think finding anything good for an affordable price will be difficult. I don't put anything past Riley though.

Look, there an upside to have a dominant player at any position.
Hibbard has had a very nice series, but IMO it easily could have been nullified if the Heat would have attacked him a lot more. A couple early fouls changes everything. I think today's NBA game is much more perimeter played and it is more important to have good guards/small forward.
That was also my mindset when I stated that I felt the Lakers wouldn't be as good as a lot of people predicted.

As far as Riley. Tough to even guess. I don't see Oden if he wouldn't take the minimum. I see Bird staying.

The question of the day is the amnesty card. I know Laker fans think to amnesty Kobe would be an unheard of thing to do, where I think it should be a mutually agreed upon no brainier.

So, would/could Riley amnesty either Wade or Bosh?
The thing is, only Arison and possibly Riley know how much luxury tax he will be willing to pay.
It's got to be a very touchy situation how Wade is handled for a couple reasons.
His friendship with James played a huge roll in James coming.
Then figure in how much he has meant to the franchise and how loyal the Heat are and I can't see the Heat blindsiding him.

So, I guess the answer is that anyone's guess is as good as mine, because I have no clue.

At the end of the day though, I feel the amnesty will be used on Miller (and my conspiracy theory mind) says that Spoelstra knows that and that has been why he has tried not to play him, figuring he would win without him, therefore creating the scenario to not need him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mayweather was at home game 2 for sure sitting court side.

I assume that means he will be there again tonight.

I admit I made a business decision today and sold.
Same scenario as last year. A win means more games, and if its a loss, I don't want to see it anyway.

I say if you have an extra 6m sitting around to bet on a game, then you really don't need to bet on games.
It must be for the adrenalin rush involved.
Good for him.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers taking it tonight. They're on a mission. Heat are injured or something I guess they will say.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the fight isn't fixed then Mayweather will be pummeled. I know the African American community love their boy but Mayweather has been fighting scrubs for a long time.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers taking it tonight. They're on a mission. Heat are injured or something I guess they will say.

if i were a betting man i'd put my money on the Pacers and take the points. i'm not feeling a blowout either way tonight...

if i could figure out this v-cash thing i might put down 3 bills...