• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Headlines away from the track: IndyCar

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess IndyCar have had so much success at the course in Alabama they are adding NO. What, still are not adding Road America?

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of things to mull over for next season: 2 major changes (?)

1) The much-delayed aero kits are supposedly still on for 2015.

2) According to the author of this article, Driver canopies are getting a good, hard look.

... several recent accidents, including the 2011 fatal crash in Las Vegas involving Dan Wheldon and the 2013 crash in Houston that ended Dario Franchitti’s career accelerated the conversation.

Two crashes involving Mikhail Aleshin this year, one where another car’s tire hit his helmet and a separate incident in Fontana where Aleshin hit a fence and suffered a serious head and other injuries have ratcheted up concerns over driver safety.

IndyCar officials this season have said they are now considering some type of cockpit enclosure. Derrick Walker, who became IndyCar’s president of competition in mid 2013, is talking with the series’ chassis maker, Dallara, about the possibility of at least a partial covering to protect drivers’ heads and upper bodies.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that Indy. Very interesting read. I suspect also that these Indy cars will eventually adopt the body style of the R&D prototype cars in the Rolex series that Chip Kanassi is famous for with the discussions of driver canopies. DSR Racing in NHRA has already adopted a driver canopy on their top-fuel cars so it stands to reason Indy Cars are next. The final version may not be totally the same but may look similar to those Rolex cars. I suppose if you want to race out in the breeze, one will have to revert to motorcycle racing.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big week-end in NHRA. John Force and Matt Hagan are battling for championship honors in Funny Car. If Force wins, it'll be a record 17 rings. If Hagan takes it, it'll be his second in four years. Eric Enders-Stevens is contention for Pro-Stock honors being the first woman to hold that one if she earns it and Tony Schumacher has all but wrapped up Top Fuel for a record 8 championships. Lots of cool stuff going on in California.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so this really isn't "news", but it's something that they do at IMS every year after the 1st snowfall: Go out & get a pick of the place coated in pristine white.

I always find these pics to be pretty neat. :)

aDnO3vs.png