• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heading to Los Angeles

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!

Have you seen the latest news?

Loads of info is starting to trickle out about team owner Stan Kroenke's efforts to build a new stadium in Los Angeles, the #2 TV market in the U.S. It seems his original offer to foot the entire bill to construct an 80,000 seat stadium may not be what it seems. AP is reporting there may be a few HUGE hidden costs for Inglewood residents:
Here's the full story....

St. Louis Rams Notify CVC They Want A Year to Year Lease - Turf Show Times

Also this last note which is promising.....

[UPDATE 6:51 PM 1/26/2015] In addition to the lease modification, Albert Breer of NFL.comis reporting that a petition (signed by a reported 20,000 individuals) for re-zoning of the Inglewood property to allow for a stadium was turned in today.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please excuse my exuberance St Louis fans...I have been hoping for their return ever since they left.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams fan till my last day.

Warner to Bruce and Faulk.. I saw some great football live man. That was greatness. Kinda like my bulls in the 90s

Last edited by a moderator:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warner to Bruce and Faulk.. I saw some great football live man. That was greatness. Kinda like my bulls in the 90s

Thanks SJ76 for being a good Ram fan hey! Your Bulls are pretty darn good now! My Lakers...:gaah:...Oh well I have a lot of old Laker games on the net to watch. That's what I've been watching, retro Laker games :pound: The mustard is off the hotdog!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is reporting the Rams have officially switched to a year-to-year lease option by notifying the city of St Louis. This is the next step for the Rams in moving to LA. The Rams have also submitted preliminary papers to the NFL requesting an eventual move by providing proposed plans for a downtown stadium development project for approval by the league. It is fairly obvious now that Kroneke is moving the Rams back to LA by 2016 no matter what St Louis does and the league will most likely approve that move. Any further open-air stadium talk by St Louis is most likely for a soccer team.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is reporting the Rams have officially switched to a year-to-year lease option by notifying the city of St Louis. This is the next step for the Rams in moving to LA. The Rams have also submitted preliminary papers to the NFL requesting an eventual move by providing proposed plans for a downtown stadium development project for approval by the league. It is fairly obvious now that Kroneke is moving the Rams back to LA by 2016 no matter what St Louis does and the league will most likely approve that move. Any further open-air stadium talk by St Louis is most likely for a soccer team.
Makes you wonder if those with an interest in keeping Pro Football in St Louis would go as far to 'leak' to the AP and others so they may spread negative propaganda to the good folks of Inglewood. :noidea:

There seemed to be some scare tactics pushing through on that article I posted here yesterday. :scratch:

AP is reporting there may be a few HUGE hidden costs for Inglewood residents:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The stadium will never be built in St. Louis if the Rams move. No way they can spend a billion on a soccer stadium.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why the league would approve the move.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why the league would approve the move.

Money, money, money! The NFL doesn't care about STL. if the owners think they will make more money in LA they will break their own rules no matter if we have a good plan in place or not. unfortunately it doesn't matter to them. :bullshit:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Vita. That is a very interesting issue to ponder. I am have been musing in a similar vein of thought.

Cougar, you might be right and if St Louis doesn't go forward with the soccer theme, then by default, they have exposed their motives in the first place for even mentioning soccer in conjuction with the Rams tenancy issues.

Icefreeze. The answer to that question has to do with the NFL's vested interest in having an NFL team in one of its largest TV markets. In short. Its about the Benjamins. Also, don't forget that growing list of investors in LA (many of whom are ex-players like Vince Ferragamo, Fred Dryer, and others) who are gaining strength daily. They are becoming a clamoring lobbying body that is gaining in power over the voice in St Louis. What's the old saying: "Money talks, bullshit walks"?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on Cougar. Another example of this disregard for their own laws is the deflated balls conspiracy. This is the age of thumbing your nose at the rule of law especially when large sums of money are involved. Geez, I wonder where that got started?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was definitely great football.

This has just been a brutal year to be following the NFL. At what point do we step back and stay that the NFL isn't worth all of the hype surrounding it? College Football and the NBA has never been better (well, unless you were a Bulls, Celtics or Lakers fan) The NFL is a mess...Goodell, the Patriots, thugs and PEDs are ruining the sport, imo.

I'm in business. The Rams are probably leaving. I would if I was a greedy real estate billionaire.

I was at a trivia night fundraiser last week for the FOP and they had a question about where the Rams originated from. A room full of 100 people and i was probably the only person who put Cleveland. There was a question about the Nashville Predators mascot and almost everyone else got that. STL will go on with baseball and hockey.

I might reconsider how much time I spend following the NFL

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Clayton. Those are legitmate concerns especially in light of the issues you outlined.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA was way better in the 80s/90s Clayton. But don't get me off topic.

More Physical back then. More brawls. I miss seeing games when Alonzo and LJ are swinging at each other with van Gundy hanging on Zo's leg being dragged around like a muppet.

Jordan pissing on john Starks. Magic and bird. Bad boys.

NBA today is led by Lebron who is TO reincarnated as a bball player.

I will say that the Bulls Warriors game last night was a dam good one

Last edited by a moderator: