• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head of Officiating Calls Bryant's TD Catch, No Catch

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL VP of officiating: Wild Martavis Bryant TD vs. Bengals wasn't a catch

Granted, he wouldn't change the call on the field, but if there hadn't been a call on the field he would have called it no catch.

I felt it was a catch, but clearly I have no idea what constitutes a catch in this league anymore, I honestly don't think the refs do either.

He also said that the Shazier hit was legal, which is complete bullshit. They can keep saying it is legal all they fucking want, I will never agree that a player launching himself, crown first, and hitting another player in the face mask is a legal hit. If that was a Bengal hitting a Steeler like that, I would fully expect a penalty, possible ejection from the game. You can't launch yourself crown first and hit someone else in the helmet no matter what. It is too dangerous for both players. You are never going to get rid of some helmet hits and I agree with what some are saying about reviewing certain penalties, but this seems like a no damn brainer.

I feel Brown helped initiate the contact to his head when Burfict hit him, but I would have still flagged Burfict on the hit. Just bullshit that Burfict gets suspended 3 games (I know he has history) on that hit, while a penalty in my mind, was partially Brown's fault....Shazier doesn't get a penalty, no suspension, celebrates the hit, and has a whole league supporting his dumb fuck behavior.

Nothing about the game pisses me off, as I can deal with it all, even the non-Porter penalty, but one thing I cannot stand is all t he support for Shazier on his dirty fucking hit and blatant celebration while Bernard lays unconscious.

Oh yeah, I also heard, have no idea if it is true or not, but that one of the officials of the game is related to Joey Porter, which could explain one situation for sure. Like I said, no idea if that is true or not, but I have heard it.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to let go.

The game was officiated horribly from both sides, and really...the NFL screwed both teams by assigning the ref crew that they did.

For what it's worth, I never thought that was a catch. Not at all, but at this point...it's just time to move on.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can let go of it all, except the Shazier hit. That still pisses me off more than anything. Of anything that has ever happened between these two teams, EVER, that one single moment drives me out of my fucking mind.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LET IT GO!!!!!!

Bengals blew the game. They fought hard, got themselves back in it, made two terrific plays that should have won it and then they fumbled and bungled it away. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

Our favorite team does not have the ability to win at big moments. Unfortunately this is reality until they change it.... Don't hold your breath.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can let go of it all, except the Shazier hit. That still pisses me off more than anything. Of anything that has ever happened between these two teams, EVER, that one single moment drives me out of my fucking mind.

Meh..... It wasn't near as dirty as Heinz Ward jacking up Keith Rivers.... Or the bum that lit up a punter..... Or the guy that tried to break Kenny Anderson's neck. I think he just tried to lay some wood and Gio's head was in the way. Let's not forget that Gio is pretty damn short. Shazier could have just been tackling with the same knee bend he always uses and Gio's head got in the way. In general I think fans give these players way too much credit/blame for where and how they are hitting. It's easy to call everything intentional when you have the benefit of super slow motion or HD television. The game is moving fast though.... And some of this stuff looks a lot worse than intended.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh..... It wasn't near as dirty as Heinz Ward jacking up Keith Rivers.... Or the bum that lit up a punter..... Or the guy that tried to break Kenny Anderson's neck. I think he just tried to lay some wood and Gio's head was in the way. Let's not forget that Gio is pretty damn short. Shazier could have just been tackling with the same knee bend he always uses and Gio's head got in the way. In general I think fans give these players way too much credit/blame for where and how they are hitting. It's easy to call everything intentional when you have the benefit of super slow motion or HD television. The game is moving fast though.... And some of this stuff looks a lot worse than intended.

I'd agree with that if he wasn't dancing for 5 minutes after Gio was laying on the ground out cold.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with that if he wasn't dancing for 5 minutes after Gio was laying on the ground out cold.

That was poor form and it was inexcusable.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was poor form and it was inexcusable.
I played a lot of football and in my experience, you don't go high and head first unless you are looking for a kill shot. In just my opinion, that's what he was doing and when he did it he danced about it. I won't say I never went for those hits or that I was never told by a coach to go for those hits.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drink the kool-aid bitch!!!

referees are fair now.
games no longer fixed, now that the 'sport' of tennis has been exposed as fake!
assistant coaches will now get fined for pulling our players hair and penalty thrown.
no way the Bengals purposely blow game doing something stupid.
the NFL will now stop looking the other way when the Patriots cheat

(if you believe all the above, I have some 'land' in florida you can uh 'invest' in)