• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head Coach Search.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who we hire probably doesn't matter as much as who they hire. I'm pretty sure Lurie at this point is looking for the guy that's closest to his Reid interview.

I'm getting that vibe too

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jumping a week early to pull the trigger and get ahead of the coaching search hasn't seem to help the Eagles at all.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who we hire probably doesn't matter as much as who they hire. I'm pretty sure Lurie at this point is looking for the guy that's closest to his Reid interview.

Bingo!!!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patricia strikes me as the defensive version of McDaniels,

What does that mean? By all accounts Patricia has earned the respect of his players at every position he's coached. He's smart, he's been studying Belichick, and his defenses have been in the top ten in points almost every year. They tend to be good in the redzone. Sounds like he can lead people because the people around him always believe in him.

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id take Shanahan over Coughlin without a second thought.

I want "NOTHING" to do with Duce Staley as a HC. OMG! He wasn't that great of a RB, comes in and I don't see a lot that he has done as a position coach - so hell, lets make him the HC! REALLY???? By this measure, we should bring Westbrook in as the HC, he has over achieved Duce in every way each time.

Since when was being a great player a required prerequisite to being a good coach? Usually the opposite is true with NFL head coaches. Hardly ever do you see a good head coach in the NFL who had a playing career worth bragging about.

Not saying I want Duce as the HC. I don't. But to not want a guy simply because he didn't have a great playing career is kinda dumb.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suddenly I have that sickening feeling but it can't be as bad a the Kelly era.....can it?

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Saturday we're talking about who Gase brings in as his DC.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess what? The Saints have decided to keep Payton! Either no one offered them a 2nd round pick
or they came to their senses.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase is interesting. Good job with Cutler. Worked well with Peyton Manning the two years prior. But perhaps his best work was the year Tebow made his run in Denver. I am impressed with what Denver did there in adjusting to Tebow's skill set. Not sure how much Gase had to do with that though.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa just fired Lovie Smith. Perhaps they want to get involved in the Gase sweepstakes?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffrey better call Gase's agent and up the ante!

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be good with Gase -- but that could mean Bradford being signed longterm. Though he's a bright offensive mind and QB whisperer. Turned Cutler into a respectable player (for the year), with injuries all along that bears offense, and no longer with the beast Marshall. Let's hope he has the leadership qualities in a head coach -- hard to know with first time HC candidates.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa just fired Lovie Smith. Perhaps they want to get involved in the Gase sweepstakes?

Just heared it suggested that they will promote Kuetter, their OC. The argument is that their OC got so many interview requests for HC, and they did not want to lose him, which would threaten the development of Winston -> fire Lovie, promote the OC.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heared it suggested that they will promote Kuetter, their OC. The argument is that their OC got so many interview requests for HC, and they did not want to lose him, which would threaten the development of Winston -> fire Lovie, promote the OC.

Yep, I think there's a 90% chance Dirk will take over as head coach here in Tampa. I think Gase will sign in Miami and I think we end up with Pederson who will come on the cheap. Remember we're still on the hook for millions with Chip. Shurmur stays on as OC.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at the desirability of these NFL jobs...

Dolphins. $2.4M in salary cap space. Committed to Tannehill at QB.
Eagles. $24M in salary cap space. No starting QB signed.
Browns. $34M in salary cap space. No starting QB signed.
Titans. $43M in salary cap space. Good young QB.
Bucs. $52M in salary cap space. Good young QB.
Giants. $46M in salary cap space. HOF QB still in his prime.
$49ers. $51M in salary cap space. which includes a very cuttable Kapernick at $11M.

Really, the Eagles job is probably the 2nd least desirable job out there. Three of the teams are arguably set at QB and 4 of the teams are in excellent position to reshape their roster. Explain to me why an Adam Gase would choose the Eagles over the Bucs, Giants or Titans? Definitely over the Dolphins, but the 49er and Browns jobs may even be better at this point.