• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HD's Friday Mailbag

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok I understand she thinks TT is average, it's her opinion and is entitled to it.

But what the hell was with the Tech v Miami game analysis, what BS, I can only hope she is hitting the bottle really early.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Someone wrote in asking if Tech can overcome Miami, and she said something like "It depends, will Michael Vick be playing?". Usually I have thought people had to high of expectations for an espn blogger with her, but that was ridiculous.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me started. I could eat Alpha-Bits and take a crap that would make for a more insightful blog than what she comes up with.
Judging from the past couple of years, I'm pretty sure her M.O. is to piss off the Tech fan base as much as possible to drive up her hits. A week or two back somebody questioned her for picking against VT and she made some smartass remark along the lines of, “Pretty sure I picked the Hokies to beat UNC. How did that turn out?” She also gets on her knees for the almighty Paul Johnson. Seriously, I think he could order mass genocide and she'd be singing his praises about cleansing the gene pool.
It might be okay if she provided any insight whatsoever, but if you’d read her fluff long enough you can easily tell she knows as much about football as my dog.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Her lack of analysis and facts to back up her opinions has led me to ignore her since the first couple months of her employment. 5-4 advantage Tech since Michael Vick left.

The real truth of the matter is the teams match up extremely well every year. Both are built to beat the other. That's why the results are always so crazy.

Miami's strength in 2009 - passing offense
Tech's strength - passing defense

Tech's strength - rushing offense
Miami's strength - rushing defense

If both teams play to their potential, this game should be in the 20s or 30s. Both teams will force eachother to be balanced, and individual matchups (especially on the lines) will be critical. It's like a heavy weight boxing match. You can jab away, but eventually you have to throw a punch to cause any damage. If that punch doesn't connect, you're opponent is gonna punish you.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Her lack of analysis and facts to back up her opinions has led me to ignore her since the first couple months of her employment. 5-4 advantage Tech since Michael Vick left.

The real truth of the matter is the teams match up extremely well every year. Both are built to beat the other. That's why the results are always so crazy.

Miami's strength in 2009 - passing offense
Tech's strength - passing defense

Tech's strength - rushing offense
Miami's strength - rushing defense

If both teams play to their potential, this game should be in the 20s or 30s. Both teams will force eachother to be balanced, and individual matchups (especially on the lines) will be critical. It's like a heavy weight boxing match. You can jab away, but eventually you have to throw a punch to cause any damage. If that punch doesn't connect, you're opponent is gonna punish you.

You sir get your first rep.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heather Dimwit is a fucking retard, and the sooner you realize this, the better off you will be. She is simply in her position because she is a female. If she happened to be a male and still covered the ACC the way she does now, she would have been shit-canned long ago.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i dont understand is why the guy asking the question phrased it "do you think VT can upset miami this year?"

as far as i know we'll be ranked, significantly higher, than miami in the pre-season.. and if we can beat boise the road is clear until the UM and UNC games as far as i'm concerned.. obviously don't want to overlook any opponent, but they are all very winnable games

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i dont understand is why the guy asking the question phrased it "do you think VT can upset miami this year?"

as far as i know we'll be ranked, significantly higher, than miami in the pre-season.. and if we can beat boise the road is clear until the UM and UNC games as far as i'm concerned.. obviously don't want to overlook any opponent, but they are all very winnable games

But but but they are DA U! Everyone is afraid of DA U! I bet that Ryan Williams and Darren Evans get sick to their stomach about that game.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But but but they are DA U! Everyone is afraid of DA U! I bet that Ryan Williams and Darren Evans get sick to their stomach about that game.

oh shit good point.. well hopefully its hot and sunny so we can blame the weather...............