• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawaii Bowl: Oregon State vs Boise State

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise State accepts Hawaii Bowl bid.

Bowl will likely pair Oregon State vs Boise State for that game.

Game is on Christmas Eve.

There ya go Wallace.

Bigger name opponent than expected.

WIll be a fun one.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good match up, if our defense can slow the pass attack of OSU down.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now that is a beautiful place to tailgate
. Christmas in Hawaii

aloha-stadium.jpg

aloha-stadium.jpg

Hawaii-the-sunset-wedding-2x-800px.jpg

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great photos.

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
If our QB's show up to play after the loss of coach Pete i will be a happy camper.

OSU ended it's season on a 5 game losing streak, so they will be coming hard at us to prove they should be in that bowl game. Boise should prevail. 38- 27

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures, the one year the Hawaii Bowl is a matchup worth watching, I'll be off island for the holidays. :gaah:

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
celebrate-christmas-07-g-300x197.jpg

hawaiian-christmas.jpg

hawaiianchristmas.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our QB's show up to play after the loss of coach Pete i will be a happy camper.

OSU ended it's season on a 5 game losing streak, so they will be coming hard at us to prove they should be in that bowl game. Boise should prevail. 38- 27
And Oregon State should have beaten Oregon in their last game, but simply couldn't run out the clock with the lead. No problem with fans believing their team can win, but objectively that's a big match up for a team with an interim coaching staff. UW will be in that same boat vs BYU. Both teams will see what kind of heart and drive their teams have without their coaching staff and the uncertainty of change.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sheesh I cant even remember the last time I was interested in the Hawaii Bowl.

I guess since the PAC alliance with it went away

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pics of Aloha stadium brings back so many memories. Born and raised on Oahu. Parents would take us kids to most UH games and the pro-bowl every year. Many tailgates in that parking lot.

Bit of history of Aloha Stadium.

The original stadium was a all wood structure built a few blocks from the UH campus which is just a few minutes from Waikiki. But Hawaii has one of the worst termite problems you'll ever see. The stadium literally became too dangerous to hold games as support beams holding up the stands were slowly being eaten away over the decades. Plus there was no dedicated parking for tailgating.

So they built Aloha stadium out in Pearl City on some available land next to Pearl Harbor. It's location was in a more central location, with easy freeway access, and easier for anyone on the island to get to games. And this time, the entire structure was concrete and steel, with plastic individual seats to avoid the woodeaters. Originally, it was designed for dual use. The stadium stands could move into a baseball configuration, for UH baseball as well. Eventually, UH built a dedicated baseball field at the campus, and the stadium is just used for UH games and HS football tourneys, bowl games, and concerts.

It's not the most modern facility these days, but still gets the job done.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise State accepts Hawaii Bowl bid.

Bowl will likely pair Oregon State vs Boise State for that game.

Game is on Christmas Eve.

There ya go Wallace.

Bigger name opponent than expected.

WIll be a fun one.

This will be a good game! And a great trip for the teams, I'll say.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honolulu_stadium.jpg

The old Honolulu Stadium aka "The Termite Palace".

babe.jpg

Babe Ruth visited for a expo game in 1933.

Elvis played a bunch of shows there through his career as he spent a lot of time on the islands.

When the new Aloha stadium was built in the early 1970s, it cost 37 million.

Hawaii Athletics Ohana - Aloha Stadium

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the weekends, there is a HUGE flea market held in the parking lot. At least there was four years ago.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's going to be the interim coach for Boise?

Going to be a good game. I'll take Oregon State as a preliminary pick.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's going to be the interim coach for Boise?

Going to be a good game. I'll take Oregon State as a preliminary pick.

Bob Gregory he is our LB coach. We are interviewing Wilcox tomorrow. OSU is a pretty safe pick for now, not sure our DBs can stop the pass attack of OSU, and our OC is a idiot.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pics of Aloha stadium brings back so many memories. Born and raised on Oahu. Parents would take us kids to most UH games and the pro-bowl every year. Many tailgates in that parking lot.

Bit of history of Aloha Stadium.

The original stadium was a all wood structure built a few blocks from the UH campus which is just a few minutes from Waikiki. But Hawaii has one of the worst termite problems you'll ever see. The stadium literally became too dangerous to hold games as support beams holding up the stands were slowly being eaten away over the decades. Plus there was no dedicated parking for tailgating.

So they built Aloha stadium out in Pearl City on some available land next to Pearl Harbor. It's location was in a more central location, with easy freeway access, and easier for anyone on the island to get to games. And this time, the entire structure was concrete and steel, with plastic individual seats to avoid the woodeaters. Originally, it was designed for dual use. The stadium stands could move into a baseball configuration, for UH baseball as well. Eventually, UH built a dedicated baseball field at the campus, and the stadium is just used for UH games and HS football tourneys, bowl games, and concerts.

It's not the most modern facility these days, but still gets the job done.

Great history lesson, I'm leaving on a cruise to Hawaii Jan 2nd, one of the tours i'm taking is Aloha stadium, I will be just about a week late.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upon arriving in Hawaii, head to the Kealakekua Bay for some snorkeling and kayaking. You will be amazed with the dolphins that will join you. After some fun in the water, go up the top of Mauna Kea and enjoy the view. The next stop for you will be the Volcanoes National Park. You will be hiking across fields of lava. Then, after seeing waterfalls in Hilo, make your way through the Pepe’ekeo Scenic Drive through the Waipi ‘o Valley. You can end your day at the Waipi’o Beach where you can go whale watching.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that Ford Island and the Arizona Memorial in the background? That would be cool to see.