• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Have a drink on me": Sabathia checks into rehab for the sauce

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fzrtozl.jpg

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this posted in the Daily Thread, from which you are banned.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock has declared war on his enemies.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this posted in the Daily Thread, from which you are banned.
sorry, i havent been on that thread in a while. maybe next spring ;)

i got it from your ex lover, world.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck is he thinking?! He just started to pitch better so the booze is actually helping.

Why do I feel we're going to find a "CC cheated on his wife" story soon and he's blaming the booze? "I'm sorry Honey, it was the booze".

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck is he thinking?! He just started to pitch better so the booze is actually helping.

Not to make fun of him, but that's the second question I asked: was the alcohol actually hindering him, or making him better? Because he's been a good pitcher for a long time and I'm sure he did not become an alcoholic overnight.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to make fun of him, but that's the second question I asked: was the alcohol actually hindering him, or making him better? Because he's been a good pitcher for a long time and I'm sure he did not become an alcoholic overnight.

In all seriousness his is a guy I really liked even before he became a Yankee. Unlike Mr Harvey who is sooooo worried about his next contract C.C. went out there in 2008 and pitched every 3 days down the stretch (Over 250 innings total that year) to drag the Brewers into the playoffs without a second thought about him being a free agent after that season. The Yanks also went with a 3 man rotation on the 2009 playoffs with CC constantly going on short rest.

Maybe he just can't come to grips that he isn't a top level pitcher anymore and tried to drink it away.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holee shit.

Didn't see that coming

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness his is a guy I really liked even before he became a Yankee. Unlike Mr Harvey who is sooooo worried about his next contract C.C. went out there in 2008 and pitched every 3 days down the stretch (Over 250 innings total that year) to drag the Brewers into the playoffs without a second thought about him being a free agent after that season. The Yanks also went with a 3 man rotation on the 2009 playoffs with CC constantly going on short rest.

Maybe he just can't come to grips that he isn't a top level pitcher anymore and tried to drink it away.

I'll be pulling for him to get right. I have a lot of respect for him making this decision without anything hindering him. That's what addicts normally do: "I'll go to rehab right after XX happens!" and then XX never happens.

I don't care for the whole innings limit thingy either, but CC was a little older in 2009 than Harvey is in 2015, and he didn't have a reconstructed elby-bow.
I can imagine that this won't be an issue for Harvey in the near future, when his arm is holding up and he's gotten a huge contract from somebody.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty. Best of luck to CC.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, i havent been on that thread in a while. maybe next spring ;)

i got it from your ex lover, world.

Front runner. Only post on the daily thread when the Sox are doing good. You make me sick

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be pulling for him to get right. I have a lot of respect for him making this decision without anything hindering him. That's what addicts normally do: "I'll go to rehab right after XX happens!" and then XX never happens.

I don't care for the whole innings limit thingy either, but CC was a little older in 2009 than Harvey is in 2015, and he didn't have a reconstructed elby-bow.
I can imagine that this won't be an issue for Harvey in the near future, when his arm is holding up and he's gotten a huge contract from somebody.

Harvey still has arbitration years before he really cashes in so I wouldn't be surprised if innings limits comes up again. You''ll never seen him go out there every 4 days for a couple of weeks, pitch 250-206 innings and put a team on his back like CC did before he gets his mega deal. Remember, CC did it in his final year before free agency, he hadn't cashed in yet

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CC

"Today I am checking myself into an alcohol rehabilitation center to receive the professional care and assistance needed to treat my disease," "I love baseball and I love my teammates like brothers, and I am also fully aware that I am leaving at a time when we should all be coming together for one last push toward the World Series.

"It hurts me deeply to do this now, but I owe it to myself and to my family to get myself right. I want to take control of my disease, and I want to be a better man, father and player.

"I want to thank the New York Yankees organization for their encouragement and understanding. Their support gives me great strength and has allowed me to move forward with this decision with a clear mind."

"As difficult as this decision is to share publicly, I don't want to run and hide," Sabathia said in the statement. "But for now please respect my family's need for privacy as we work through this challenge together.

"Being an adult means being accountable. Being a baseball player means that others look up to you. I want my kids -- and others who may have become fans of mine over the years -- to know that I am not too big of a man to ask for help. I want to hold my head up high, have a full heart and be the type of person again that I can be proud of. And that's exactly what I am going to do.

"I am looking forward to being out on the field with my team next season playing the game that brings me so much happiness."

The way this reads, I was expecting him to call himself a hero for doing this.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do I feel we're going to find a "CC cheated on his wife" story soon and he's blaming the booze? "I'm sorry Honey, it was the booze".

this....or something else is coming out...

otherwise...Babe Ruth it and check in rehab after the playoffs

but whatever it is......it is a disease and my prayers go out to CC

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CC

"Today I am checking myself into an alcohol rehabilitation center to receive the professional care and assistance needed to treat my disease," "I love baseball and I love my teammates like brothers, and I am also fully aware that I am leaving at a time when we should all be coming together for one last push toward the World Series.

"It hurts me deeply to do this now, but I owe it to myself and to my family to get myself right. I want to take control of my disease, and I want to be a better man, father and player.

"I want to thank the New York Yankees organization for their encouragement and understanding. Their support gives me great strength and has allowed me to move forward with this decision with a clear mind."

"As difficult as this decision is to share publicly, I don't want to run and hide," Sabathia said in the statement. "But for now please respect my family's need for privacy as we work through this challenge together.

"Being an adult means being accountable. Being a baseball player means that others look up to you. I want my kids -- and others who may have become fans of mine over the years -- to know that I am not too big of a man to ask for help. I want to hold my head up high, have a full heart and be the type of person again that I can be proud of. And that's exactly what I am going to do.

"I am looking forward to being out on the field with my team next season playing the game that brings me so much happiness."

The way this reads, I was expecting him to call himself a hero for doing this.

It has to be pretty damn bad to announce it now. He could have said something to them behind the scenes and waited until after the wild card game tomorrow. Not having him available in that game is not an issue considering he's s starter and with the way they've been playing they're probably going to lose anyway.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is a game. Alcoholism is deadly. Good for him to do the right thing and seek treatment. I hope he comes back a new man next year.

Haters gonna hate, but he's got a family. Being a WS Champ and a millionaire doesn't mean shit if you're dead and you're not able to be a father to your kids.