• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harden's recent run Olajuwon-esque

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden's recent run Olajuwon-esque | CSN Houston

Having your name linked to the greatest player to lace up his sneakers in Houston Rockets history is a pretty nice accomplishment. On Wednesday night, James Harden posted his third consecutive game scoring 37 points or more to become the first Rocket since Hakeem Olajuwon to do that. Olajuwon did that in the 1994-95 season, scoring 42, 37 and 41 points in consecutive games from Dec. 29, 1994 to Jan. 3, 1995.

"That's definitely an honor, he's one of the best," James Harden said. "Definitely an honor to be mentioned in the same breath as Hakeem. I'm just trying to stay focused on trying to win as many basketball games as we can. Whether it's me scoring 37 points or scoring five or ten points, as long as we're racking up those wins that's all that matters."

During this three game scoring binge, Harden has scored 113 points in helping the Rockets win two of their last three games. He's averaged more than 16 points per game in the third quarter alone. He scored at least 16 points in each game and is averaging 25.3 points per game after halftime in those games.

"I'm being aggressive, but I'm trying to get my teammates involved and make sure everybody is in a rhythm," Harden said. "If everybody is in a rhythm, everybody feels good about themselves and everybody plays well. That's important for us."

It's the second time in his two seasons with the Rockets, Harden has scored 30 or more points in three consecutive games, previously doing that Feb. 6 through Feb. 10 of last season.

"He's been on a roll, no question," Rockets head coach Kevin McHale said of Harden scoring binge. "38, 38 and 37 (points), he's been filling it up. Everybody needs to enjoy your teammate's success. If a guy is rolling, it's your job to give him the ball and enjoy it. Good teams, they really enjoy someone playing well. Bad teams are like, why aren't I getting the ball. So you have to be a team that enjoys people's success."