• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harden lands in Brooklyn

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
late first round picks in the NBA are virtually worthless

time will tell if giving up Levert and Allen was wise, the picks they shouldn’t worry about

Well, that is the gamble though.

If this crazy chemistry experiment doesn’t work, all 3 of these guys will be gone by the end of year 3 and those picks could end up being very valuable.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples and Oranges

the C’s trade was literally “let’s try to really squeeze one title” out of a group clearly past their primes

I’m not predicting this at all, but we are talking about 3 top 10-12 players in the league in their primes for what could be a 3-4 year run so it’s a much more understandable approach

And yes, I agree it is apples and oranges. The Nets/Celtics deal had almost no chance to pay off.

This one does, but still very many ways it could blow up.

Reactions: DJ

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant is better than he was in 2011, Harden is much better than he was in 2011...And Kyrie already won a championship as the 2nd best player on a stacked team...So i mean there is that...

This team will be around a lot longer than the Lakers...Lebron is 37

LOL.

It could work.

But you have absolutely zero understanding of chemistry and how the game of basketball works.

It is a team game. When great players games don’t complement one another, the sum of the parts ends up being less than the whole.

These pieces don’t fit very well. They might still have enough to make a deep run, but Kyrie/Harden is not a good fit at all.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally totally hear you and am not ruling out disaster at all

I just am not guaranteeing it, I’m just recognizing the upside is pretty crazy and so much higher than that Celtics deal

that C’s deal was that Russian owner for the Nets who knew he was on his way out and wanted one crack at it, it was a bad idea from the get go

Upside is higher than 1 of the worst trades in NBA history.

Yes, this is true.

Pretty low bar there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons are tanking tho

Wood is like 25. He is a very good piece, but not a superstar who is going to make a big difference in the win column.

They could have tanked and still kept him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morey replacement is killing it. Back to back trade wins.

We shall see.

Won’t be able to judge this trade for at least 2-3 years when we see how the Nets look and the likelihood these picks hit.

Oladipo for LeVert is very underwhelming. He got crushed in that one once salaries are factored in.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how this goes that's 3 players that want to average 30 points a game if Kyrie ever comes back. If all 3 enjoy playing on the same team this could work but if there is drama in which all 3 have had a past of doing so this could implode.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its hilarious at the same time how since moving from New Jersey to Brooklyn the Nets have had so much more success than the NY Knicks. I do feel bad for their fan base they really need a new owner.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

It could work.

But you have absolutely zero understanding of chemistry and how the game of basketball works.

It is a team game. When great players games don’t complement one another, the sum of the parts ends up being less than the whole.

These pieces don’t fit very well. They might still have enough to make a deep run, but Kyrie/Harden is not a good fit at all.

You said Kyrie and Durant wouldn't fit well and was wrong about that in the few games they played

You said Kyrie and Lebron wouldn't fit well

I guess you can hope they don't work

How do you know the pieces don't fit well? They haven't even played yet lol...Sounds like your irrationality is clouding your brain

Last edited:

BrownEyedGirl

Let's Go Islanders!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets have a ton of talent now with this trade but in my opinion Kyrie Irving and James Harden are both two different types of cancer for teams and I just don't see this being anything other than a collection of talented players that will end up not playing well together or complimenting each others type of play. Personally I don't see Kyrie lasting the season anyway, which is probably for the best for everybody involved if that happens, but I have a hard time believing this will be a successful combination based on the personalities and selfishness involved with both Harden and Kyrie.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said Kyrie and Durant wouldn't fit well and was wrong about that in the few games they played

You said Kyrie and Lebron wouldn't fit well

I guess you can hope they don't work

How do you know the pieces don't fit well? They haven't even played yet lol...Sounds like your irrationality is clouding your brain

No, I did not say Kyrie and KD wouldn’t fit.

Find the quote.

I did say Kyrie and LeBron didn’t fit that well. And honestly they didn’t. They won a title anyway, and then Kyrie wanted out.

I also said Kyrie fit LeBron better than players like Dwayne Wade. But still the fit wasn’t perfect.

KD can fit with everybody. He is not the issue here. The issue is 2 super ball dominant guards, neither are the best player on the team.

It could still work because they are loaded with talent, but this is a chemistry experiment likely to fail.

I know they won’t fit because I watch the way the play and I understand how basketball works.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see.

Won’t be able to judge this trade for at least 2-3 years when we see how the Nets look and the likelihood these picks hit.

Oladipo for LeVert is very underwhelming. He got crushed in that one once salaries are factored in.

I don't think the Rockets are concerned at all with staying competitive right now. The swap for Olidipo was to have a 21 million expiring instead of 3 years of 17 in Lavert. I actually think you will see Gordon traded and Olidipo moved again for a pick or 2.

Rockets went from one of the worst cap situations in the league to having 24 million under the cap next year, as well as adding 5 1st round picks and some swappable picks that may or may not turn out. Even if they never do, they have the tools to completely retool.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

It could work.

The positive for the Nets is that KD is one of the greatest adaptable superstars of all time. He can excel with almost any team. And he is a plus player on both sides of the court.

The Kyrie/Harden fit is a much bigger problem, as you say. They both want the ball all the time. Will either one of them be happy sitting in the corner? Will either one be happy if they aren't the guy in crunch time? And defensively they are both erratic players whose effort is not consistent.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone doubted that CP3 and Harden could co exist in the same backcourt. They made it work pretty well. Now, Kyrie is a different animal, but IMO, I think he could make an amazing 6th man. Having Harden or Kyrie on the court at all times will allow the offense to operate well most of the time. That’s not even mentioning KD who becomes an off the ball scorer. D’Antoni made it work and Steve Nash can probably recreate that success with the two guards.

If Nash can get all three operating well together, the only thing I’d be worried about is defense.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I did not say Kyrie and KD wouldn’t fit.

Find the quote.

I did say Kyrie and LeBron didn’t fit that well. And honestly they didn’t. They won a title anyway, and then Kyrie wanted out.

I also said Kyrie fit LeBron better than players like Dwayne Wade. But still the fit wasn’t perfect.

KD can fit with everybody. He is not the issue here. The issue is 2 super ball dominant guards, neither are the best player on the team.

It could still work because they are loaded with talent, but this is a chemistry experiment likely to fail.

I know they won’t fit because I watch the way the play and I understand how basketball works.

"And many here were saying Kyrie and KD won’t work. I expressed doubts" Coachdumdum

You said the Cavs were better off with Delly than Kyrie because he played better defense, and that we would be worse off in 2016 vs 2015. Which year did they win the championship again? Who hit the winning 3 in game 7?

"Likely to fail" well Vegas has them as the favorites...So people who bet and actually know what they are talking about don't agree with your opinion at all with money on the line...

"You know they won't fit"

What are you a fortune teller now, what's the winning lottery numbers for next week? lol