• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh is shady

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shady? DUH! That guy hadn't seen sunlight for years before that shirtless pic was taken on the recruiting trail. Fish bellies point to Harbaugh, not the other way around. Dude lives in shade and darkness...

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is this is quite a bit different than over signing. This guy has plenty of options. He's got plenty of time to go elsewhere, if he's healthy I'm sure several schools will offer him. He also has the opportunity to accept a guaranteed four year scholarship to one of the better schools in the country, which is something he cannot get for playing football anywhere. Even if the guy was completely healthy, and had zero injury history this wouldn't be the worst thing Harbaugh could do.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 3 months from signing day. If Falcon wants to go elsewhere after a verbal he does and no one says shit.

UofM takes a pass and offers a medical and Harbs is shady?:scratch:

I would agree if it was a dray before letters of intent but months. Harbaugh could pass and not give a reason. The fact the B1G gives 4 year scholarships and after ellupo mentioned it I remembered the the conference taking that position, UofM gets stuck with a loss scholarship if his knee doesn't come back for 4 years. It's as much a business as anything else so I have no problems with this.

The B1G has gotten more competitive, maybe people don't like Michigan being competitive but times are changing and if the B1G is going to compete with the SEC then people need to accept that business as usual becomes just business.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesnt matter when you are wearing those maize and blue glasses. Harbs is pulling the scholly because he things he has someone better that will sign. Yeah either way that is shady. He is the same as any other coach and its easy for everyone else to see.
Put it this way, had the kid not torn his ACL in the same knee for the second time -- Harbaugh wouldn't have had a problem signing the kid. If OSU's recruit came to camp fully healthy, Urban wouldn't have had a spot for the kid. That's the big difference here. But when injure yourself like that as any player, especially a RB, it means you probably aren't going to have a successful football career. He offered him a 4 year free scholarship to Michigan (worth $160,000 mind you) but also gave the kid 5 months to find another option before signing day if he does want to try to find a team to take him in....which I suspect might be a problem. If he does get on a team I'm going to guess it's probably going to not be a power-5 program or one like Indiana that can take a chance on a kid like that.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it this way, had the kid not torn his ACL in the same knee for the second time -- Harbaugh wouldn't have had a problem signing the kid. If OSU's recruit came to camp fully healthy, Urban wouldn't have had a spot for the kid. That's the big difference here. But when injure yourself like that as any player, especially a RB, it means you probably aren't going to have a successful football career. He offered him a 4 year free scholarship to Michigan (worth $160,000 mind you) but also gave the kid 5 months to find another option before signing day if he does want to try to find a team to take him in....which I suspect might be a problem. If he does get on a team I'm going to guess it's probably going to not be a power-5 program or one like Indiana that can take a chance on a kid like that.
He was told in January that he wasn't going to be able to play, so they should hold a scholarship for someone who wouldn't be able to play?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he did. He made his offers knowing this kid would not be there because the doctors said he was not qualified.
Meyer told the kid in January that he could not play for tOSU but he would have a 4 year scholarship. The doctors disqualified him, not Meyer by the way. The doctors did not disqualify the MI kid, Harbs did himself.
As long as you are blinded you wont see the difference between a doctor and a coach medically disqualifying a player.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was told in January that he wasn't going to be able to play, so they should hold a scholarship for someone who wouldn't be able to play?
He was told once he already was on campus that he wouldn't be able to play for OSU. That's too late, especially because it can be argued that they did so to ease their oversigning woes.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was told once he already was on campus that he wouldn't be able to play for OSU. That's too late, especially because it can be argued that they did so to ease their oversigning woes.
And Harbaugh trying to force a current player into a medical scholarship who had to transfer so he can play football wasn't Harbaugh trying to open up a roster spot?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he should have done it then, not once he was on campus and they oversigned. The reason they didn't do it right away is because they hadn't oversigned the class yet.
The kid signed a mid-year agreement so Ohio state could not refuse to let him enroll early but don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was told as soon as the Buckeye docs said he was not qualified. The DOCTORS made the decision. Who made that medical decision for Harbs?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Harbaugh trying to force a current player into a medical scholarship who had to transfer so he can play football wasn't Harbaugh trying to open up a roster spot?
He could try to open a scholarship spot, but Pipkins had a guaranteed 4 year scholarship that counted to our 85. And I'm not sure Harbaugh would push a 5 star defensive tackle off the team unless he truly thought he shouldn't be playing football. Pipkins was a starter when healthy and our line has absolutely no depth. As I said, that was Pipkins' second concussion within a year and 4th injury overall. His body was just falling apart.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was told as soon as the Buckeye docs said he was not qualified. The DOCTORS made the decision. Who made that medical decision for Harbs?

And you don't think Urban has any influence over team doctors? That's silly. The kid is fully healthy and playing -- what has it been, 8 months later? Either your doctors are garbage or they did it to make room.

I have no idea who made the decision for Harbaugh -- nor do I think it matters. This early in the recruiting cycle Harbaugh could have not liked the t-shirt the kid wore to school and pull his scholarship offer. But I don't think you need to be a doctor to understand that two ACL tears in the same knee for a RB spells disaster.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid signed a mid-year agreement so Ohio state could not refuse to let him enroll early but don't let facts get in the way of a good story.
Yes, sorry, he showed up in January to enroll early but OSU had already accepted commitments, not yet signed, too many kids. Minor difference. They still didn't have enough spots for the class they had accepted commitments from.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could try to open a scholarship spot, but Pipkins had a guaranteed 4 year scholarship that counted to our 85. And I'm not sure Harbaugh would push a 5 star defensive tackle off the team unless he truly thought he shouldn't be playing football. Pipkins was a starter when healthy and our line has absolutely no depth. As I said, that was Pipkins' second concussion within a year and 4th injury overall. His body was just falling apart.
So Harbaugh wouldn't push a five star kid out but Meyer would push a 4/5 star kid?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Harbaugh wouldn't push a five star kid out but Meyer would push a 4/5 star kid?

First of all, I don't think their recruit was a 5 star on any site. On rivals he was a borderline 4 star who wasn't even ranked in the top 250.

Secondly, there's significant difference between a 5 star who's already established as a starter and a borderline 4 star prospect who's just enrolling. OSU had to cut someone to make room for the kids in their class and at that point a healthy 3 star has more potential than an injured borderline 4 star. Not to mention, they had 5 defensive backs in the class.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you don't think Urban has any influence over team doctors? That's silly. The kid is fully healthy and playing -- what has it been, 8 months later? Either your doctors are garbage or they did it to make room.

I have no idea who made the decision for Harbaugh -- nor do I think it matters. This early in the recruiting cycle Harbaugh could have not liked the t-shirt the kid wore to school and pull his scholarship offer. But I don't think you need to be a doctor to understand that two ACL tears in the same knee for a RB spells disaster.
You made an assumption about Meyer and his influence. I made not with Harbs. I dealt in only fact.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you are thick. If a player signs a mid-year commitment, they can't refuse to let him enroll. Once he enrolled, he was examined by OSU doctors who refused to clear him to play.

Yes, sorry, he showed up in January to enroll early but OSU had already accepted commitments, not yet signed, too many kids. Minor difference. They still didn't have enough spots for the class they had accepted commitments from.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you are thick. If a player signs a mid-year commitment, they can't refuse to let him enroll. Once he enrolled, he was examined by OSU doctors who refused to clear him to play.
Yes, and they pulled his football scholarship because they couldn't pull the academic one.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and they pulled his football scholarship because they couldn't pull the academic one.
They offered a medical hardship because the doctors would not clear him to play.

Harbaugh does it - HERO!
Meyer does it - DEVIL!

We've got it.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They offered a medical hardship because the doctors would not clear him to play.

Harbaugh does it - HERO!
Meyer does it - DEVIL!

We've got it.
Except he's currently playing....a few months later. So I repeat, either your team doctors are garbage or your team doctors, influenced by Urban, failed to clear the player so Urban could make the cut on his recruiting class numbers.