• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh interview with Colin Cowherd...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not complaining about those games, man. All great match ups. Sparty would have been too.

Won't happen in college football unless everyone starts doing it. No team is going to throw extra strength onto a schedule that is already among the toughest. Any AD in the country who did such a thing isn't doing his job.

Everyone takes their existing schedules and adds 1 extra OOC games that changes. Usually the only time you see teams bring in more than 1 good quality OOC game it's because it's a team they play every year and is just part of their normal schedule. USC, Florida, FSU, South Carolina, Clemson are teams off the top of my head that will usually or sometimes schedule 2.

Way to be a total douchebag about it. :suds:

What else do you want me to say about it? I don't make the schedules. I just understand why they are made the way they are. I'm not a big fan of Alabama playing a FCS school every year, but I understand why it's done. They don't give a fuck what I think about it either, and I'm fine with that and understand why.

In the case of Michigan St, the only thing I wish they hadn't done is scheduled it to start with. Not because I don't want to see the game, but because I understand I'm now getting USC and Florida St in return, which I'd rather see. It's been since 1985 since Alabama played USC, and we lost the last time we played Florida St, so I'd like to change that.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are making my argument on why neutral site games are better than home and home series and why EVERY single team that is offered one takes it.

If Alabama loses to USC or FSU in week 1, then so be it. It's college football, shit happens. Alabama isn't going to be in the playoffs every year or even the majority of the years, so whatever. They are going to be great games and the majority of college football fans will be watching them.
false, Michigan State was offered one by Alabama and they turned it down.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't happen in college football unless everyone starts doing it. No team is going to throw extra strength onto a schedule that is already among the toughest. Any AD in the country who did such a thing isn't doing his job.

Everyone takes their existing schedules and adds 1 extra OOC games that changes. Usually the only time you see teams bring in more than 1 good quality OOC game it's because it's a team they play every year and is just part of their normal schedule. USC, Florida, FSU, South Carolina, Clemson are teams off the top of my head that will usually or sometimes schedule 2.

What else do you want me to say about it? I don't make the schedules. I just understand why they are made the way they are. I'm not a big fan of Alabama playing a FCS school every year, but I understand why it's done. They don't give a fuck what I think about it either, and I'm fine with that and understand why.

In the case of Michigan St, the only thing I wish they hadn't done is scheduled it to start with. Not because I don't want to see the game, but because I understand I'm now getting USC and Florida St in return, which I'd rather see. It's been since 1985 since Alabama played USC, and we lost the last time we played Florida St, so I'd like to change that.
Starting in 2016, the SEC and ACC will have one more OOC game than the other three conferences. In 2017 Michigan State had Alabama, Notre Dame and a lay down school for their OOC, so I guess he "wasn't doing his job". He should go the Baylor root and schedule all shitty schools because that's what everyone wants.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, teams that aren't scared then. ;)
I'm sure he would have done the neutral site game if Alabama would have given up their home game for it. Alabama hates playing in Tuscaloosa. Hollis, Michigan State's AD, tries to bring high quality games for the fans to watch. Out door hockey was his invention. Playing a basketball game on a aircraft carrier was all him. Bama of course is scared to go north of Kentucky. The boogie man will get his team. :D

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting in 2016, the SEC and ACC will have one more OOC game than the other three conferences. In 2017 Michigan State had Alabama, Notre Dame and a lay down school for their OOC, so I guess he "wasn't doing his job". He should go the Baylor root and schedule all shitty schools because that's what everyone wants.

Did you read the post you quoted? The part where I specifically said teams that have out of conference rival games will sometimes or usually schedule 2?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the post you quoted? The part where I specifically said teams that have out of conference rival games will sometimes or usually schedule 2?
Yes, but the SEC and ACC could could schedule two and still have two non conference patsies. Michigan State would only have one. Sometimes AD's don't care about wins and losses and care about good quality games. Michigan State is known for having some of the toughest OOC schedules in all of college basketball, which nearly kept them out of the tournament this past year. Great teams are going to win the games whether they are playing good teams or not. I would rather lose in the regular season and play a good bowl game than Baylor it up, make a playoff game and get manhandled.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he would have done the neutral site game if Alabama would have given up their home game for it. Alabama hates playing in Tuscaloosa. Hollis, Michigan State's AD, tries to bring high quality games for the fans to watch. Out door hockey was his invention. Playing a basketball game on a aircraft carrier was all him. Bama of course is scared to go north of Kentucky. The boogie man will get his team. :D

We get high quality games too. Maybe you've watched a few of them, in the past they've had labels like "BCS" attached to them in some manner, and more recently "Playoffs".

He invented outdoor hockey? Was that before or after Al Gore discovered the internet?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get high quality games too. Maybe you've watched a few of them, in the past they've had labels like "BCS" attached to them in some manner, and more recently "Playoffs".

He invented outdoor hockey? Was that before or after Al Gore discovered the internet?
They have never been played in an outdoor stadium before him. Not in college or the NHL.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but the SEC and ACC could could schedule two and still have two non conference patsies. Michigan State would only have one. Sometimes AD's don't care about wins and losses and care about good quality games. Michigan State is known for having some of the toughest OOC schedules in all of college basketball, which nearly kept them out of the tournament this past year. Great teams are going to win the games whether they are playing good teams or not. I would rather lose in the regular season and play a good bowl game than Baylor it up, make a playoff game and get manhandled.

If there is a benefit to 9 conference games it will show up in the Big10's overall strength of schedule rankings which would give the Big10(and other conferences) an advantage over the SEC/ACC. If that happened, then they would have no choice but to either go to 9 games or play 2 better OOC.

However, based on the other conferences that have already made that move, I think in the end all you are going to have is something to complain about on forums.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have never been played in an outdoor stadium before him. Not in college or the NHL.

It's like someone claiming they invented indoor football because they put a dome over their stadium.

:noidea:

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was really only 1/4 of the story if you want to talk all time since they've played 4 times, which nobody was. I could understand you needing some sort of moral victory though being a UM fan these days and all.
Bitch slap him!:pound:

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ridiculous. as per Emil Iverson Era: 1923-1924 through 1929-1930
Vintage Minnesota Hockey said:
During the 1920s the Gophers played their games at a variety of rinks, including an outdoor facility located on the campus. Early in the decade games were played at the Coliseum, while later many games were played at the large natural ice surface at the Hippodrome at the State Fairgrounds. While the opening of the Minneapolis Arena, which possessed artificial ice, in late 1924, the Gopher home games were played there or at the Hippodrome.
Outdoor hockey has been around for as long as there has been hockey. Which oddly enough, predates "him."

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Harbaugh's britches may be getting a lil' too big around campus.

Michigan AD reminds Harbaugh he hasn't won anything yet

Why would an AD have to say this unless he'd been rubbed the wrong way.

That's a bit of a reach, don't you think? The watches were purchased well before the Cowherd interview. Jim Hackett knew well what Michigan was getting in Jim Harbaugh, who has made no promises for the upcoming season regarding wins and losses, except to say there will be some.

Neither Cowherd nor Harbaugh have escaped criticism for the interview. Both should have "known better."
Public opinion is split regarding whose "fault" it was that the interview went badly. That said, while Jim Hackett may have cringed along with the rest of us, he was certainly not surprised and didn't feel the need to "remind" Harbaugh of anything after it aired.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Cowherd nor Harbaugh have escaped criticism for the interview. Both should have "known better."
Public opinion is split regarding whose "fault" it was that the interview went badly. That said, while Jim Hackett may have cringed along with the rest of us, he was certainly not surprised and didn't feel the need to "remind" Harbaugh of anything after it aired.

In Michigan?

It's not split nationally. People who vehemently hate Cowturd have sided with him on the issue. Hackett's statements may have little to do with the interview anyway.

That being said, AD's should 'publically' keep their noses out of athletic programs once a coach is hired. Only if a coach is being fired should the AD speak.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Michigan?

That being said, AD's should 'publically' keep their noses out of athletic programs once a coach is hired. Only if a coach is being fired should the AD speak.

I agree. I actually think this article is a poor attempt to make a connection between two things that are not connected.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I actually think this article is a poor attempt to make a connection between two things that are not connected.
Maybe he posted that link in here just so that we don't have yet another Harbaugh thread on the boards. There's not enough to talk about in that article to warrant an entire thread dedicated to it.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he posted that link in here just so that we don't have yet another Harbaugh thread on the boards. There's not enough to talk about in that article to warrant an entire thread dedicated to it.

Could be.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes.

I didn't want to create another Harbaugh thread.