• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh burns Butch Jones

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did not read this wall of text.

Saw the link, good for Saban - but it says "Among", not "invented" - and the NCAA created a new rule in response.
I wouldn't read it either. You notice they named a recruiting rule after Saban himself? You know the really professional coach who doesn't push the boundaries of the rules. :pound:
Let me guess -- Saban was being innovative, not shady. :L

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was this supposed to make sense?
Auto correct on the phone. My apology. It should have read -- Embarrassing is having your coach forced to resign because he knowingly hid major NCAA violations. THAT is embarrassing.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auto correct on the phone. My apology. It should have read -- Embarrassing is having your coach forced to resign because he knowingly hid major NCAA violations. THAT is embarrassing.

Yeah & Gary Moeller was fired for being a drunk & getting arrested for disorderly conduct after 1 of his inebriated outbursts was caught on tape.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah & Gary Moeller was fired for being a drunk & getting arrested for disorderly conduct after 1 of his inebriated outbursts was caught on tape.

Yup, but he didn't break any NCAA rules and then lie about it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, but he didn't break any NCAA rules and then lie about it.
I've never once seen a single Ohio State fan defend what Tressel did as being right, and it definitely was embarrassing and he was appropriately punished. I have no idea what your point was in even bringing that up.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what Michigan gets when they hire an OHIO STATE GRAD like Moeller. I bet you didn't know he actually played at OSU and was a captain for OSU his senior year for Woody Hayes.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never once seen a single Ohio State fan defend what Tressel did as being right, and it definitely was embarrassing and he was appropriately punished. I have no idea what your point was in even bringing that up.

Because all meeeechegan fans have right now is to yap about the past when mentioning Ohio State. Once that stuff about Tricky Tressel was made public though I wanted him the hell outta Columbus ASAP. I was also hoping that Gene Smith would have been fired.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are talking about something being embarrassing. What Tressel and Gee did was embarrassing, not just to the football team, but the school. Recruiting antics, satellite camps and spring practice in florida isn't embarrassing. UM fans are actually laughing at the other fan bases being up in arms over something so petty, as NOTHING he has done hasn't been approved by the NCAA, nor is it against the rules in any way, shape or form.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what Michigan gets when they hire an OHIO STATE GRAD like Moeller. I bet you didn't know he actually played at OSU and was a captain for OSU his senior year for Woody Hayes.

You really shouldn't say anything about the state of Ohio when it comes to meeeechegan football. The greatest HC they ever had (Bo, he was also on Woody's coaching staff) was from Ohio. Heisman winners Howard & Woodson...from Ohio. And guess where Crazy Jimbo is from. I'll give you a hint...the same state as the other 3 I just mentioned.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because all meeeechegan fans have right now is to yap about the past when mentioning Ohio State. Once that stuff about Tricky Tressel was made public though I wanted him the hell outta Columbus ASAP.

I was giving him an example to what embarrassing truly is.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was giving him an example to what embarrassing truly is.

Embarrassing is you claiming Crazy Jimbo was a 1st team All American in '86 when Vinny Testaverde won the Heisman that year.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My post was in response to Ellupo who pointed his finger at Gary Moeller's drunken antics which led to his firing in 1994 (22 years ago) as "embarrassing."

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really shouldn't say anything about the state of Ohio when it comes to meeeechegan football. The greatest HC they ever had (Bo) was from Ohio. Heisman winners Howard & Woodson...from Ohio. And guess where Crazy Jimbo is from. I'll give you a hint...the same state as the other 3 I just mentioned.

Did I say the state of Ohio? I said an OHIO STATE GRAD. I have nothing against the actual state -- I live the same distance from Toledo, as I do from Ann Arbor. It is when you get down in the Columbus area where the "fans" turn into "fanatics" and start taking things WAY too seriously.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No embarrassing is you meeeechegan fans always talking about the past. That's nothing new though.

Then quit bringing up the past.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Schembechler a coach at Ohio State before going to Michigan?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassing is you claiming Crazy Jimbo was a 1st team All American in '86 when Vinny Testaverde won the Heisman that year.
Yeah -- what an embarrassment. He only was 2nd team all-american, 3rd in the Heisman race and a 1st round pick in the NFL draft.

Maybe look up the definition before responding next time.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then quit bringing up the past.

I'm not the 1 that brought up Tricky Tressel though. So I guess in your mind it's okay for meeeechegan fans to bring the past up but not an Ohio State fan huh? Well that almost makes sense.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah -- what an embarrassment. He only was 2nd team all-american, 3rd in the Heisman race and a 1st round pick in the NFL draft.

Maybe look up the definition before responding next time.

No my point is you were wrong. And it wasn't until after I called you out for your wrong statement did you even mention 2nd or 3rd team. Do you even understand that? You seem as sharp as a bowling ball.