• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh burns Butch Jones

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No my point is you were wrong. And it wasn't until after I called you out for your wrong statement did you even mention 2nd or 3rd team. Do you even understand that?
Do you understand that he was an all-american, he was top 3 in the heisman and he was a 1st round pick in the NFL draft? Embarrassing isn't a word I would use to describe someone saying 1st team AA, when he was "only" 2nd team AA.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you understand that he was an all-american, he was top 3 in the heisman and he was a 1st round pick in the NFL draft? Embarrassing isn't a word I would use to describe someone saying 1st team AA, when he was "only" 2nd team AA.

But there's a difference between 1st, 2nd & 3rd team. That's all I'm saying. Stop spinning things around just because you were wrong. He was not...I repeat was not 1st team in '86.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at you, trying to add in a quote to sound funny.:L

Look @ you changing your original bullshit statement. I never said JH wasn't an AA in '86. Now sit down to read this part...I'm saying he wasn't 1st team. If you don't understand now (which I doubt) then time to end this conversation.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there's a difference between 1st, 2nd & 3rd team. That's all I'm saying. Stop spinning things around just because you were wrong. He was not...I repeat was not 1st team in '86.

Well that is DEFINITELY embarrassing.:L

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look @ you changing your original bullshit statement. I never said JH wasn't an AA in '86. Now sit down to read this part...I'm saying he wasn't 1st team. If you don't understand now (which I doubt) then time to end this conversation.

If I were you, I'd end the conversation too. Read up on the definition of embarrassing and get back to me.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious...

Some people aren't as easily embarrassed as others. Some people simply refuse to be embarrassed about anything.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the 1 that brought up Tricky Tressel though. So I guess in your mind it's okay for meeeechegan fans to bring the past up but not an Ohio State fan huh? Well that almost makes sense.

Well, this Michigan fan is focused on the future. And, no, another poster brought up Tressel.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't read it either. You notice they named a recruiting rule after Saban himself? You know the really professional coach who doesn't push the boundaries of the rules. :pound:
Let me guess -- Saban was being innovative, not shady. :L

I read the article, I didn't read your poorly formatted crap below it.

And it wasn't a loophole he was exploiting and I wouldn't think a video call was much different than a phone call. If he was using the video chat as a way around the phone call limitations then I would say it was shady.

Hell even other coaches, including our in state rivals coach, didn't think it was a big deal.

But that doesn't even matter because they made a rule for it either way. Probably because of stupid people like yourself who ignorantly believe that is a reason for better recruiting.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the article, I didn't read your poorly formatted crap below it.

And it wasn't a loophole he was exploiting and I wouldn't think a video call was much different than a phone call. If he was using the video chat as a way around the phone call limitations then I would say it was shady.

Hell even other coaches, including our in state rivals coach, didn't think it was a big deal.

But that doesn't even matter because they made a rule for it either way. Probably because of stupid people like yourself who ignorantly believe that is a reason for better recruiting.

Maybe you should read it again. The Saban rule put in place by the NCAA has nothing to do with the webcams he started using. He started using the webcams to bypass the Saban rule.

As I've said 100 times -- Saban has pushed the boundaries of the NCAA rules long before Harbaugh started doing it. Just as he has been doing obnoxious stunts with recruits long before Harbaugh (see landing a helicopter on a recruits practice field, dancing on video, etc.)

THEY ALL DO IT.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should read it again. The Saban rule put in place by the NCAA has nothing to do with the webcams he started using. He started using the webcams to bypass the Saban rule.

As I've said 100 times -- Saban has pushed the boundaries of the NCAA rules long before Harbaugh started doing it. Just as he has been doing obnoxious stunts with recruits long before Harbaugh (see landing a helicopter on a recruits practice field, dancing on video, etc.)

THEY ALL DO IT.

Oh, so your argument has even less merit than I thought.

Thanks for the clarification.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn. Put those blinders back on and assume your position on Saban's nut sack

Not my fault you keep moving your goal posts around every time you get proven wrong. Did you forget the original claim was that Saban was somekind of social media wizard? Of which nothing in your article supports.

So now you've tried to take things away from the social media into the subject of highschool visits - which has nothing to do with social media and the original topic.

Thus your claim had less merit than I gave it credit for.

"We have a rule, and it's been in place for awhile, that Webcams and video conferences are considered telephone calls," NCAA spokeswoman Stacey Osburn said. "We don't see it as a violation. It would just be subject to rules we have regarding recruiting and telephone contact."

Yet, you are trying to claim that Saban was pushing the rules with social media stuff.

But if you want to talk about the highschool visit thing, it wasn't that he was breaking any rules, or even really bending them. It was a matter of he(and others btw) doing more work than everyone else in the spring evaluations.

Here is what Pete Carroll said on it:

“I don’t want to sound like a jerk,” USC head coach Pete Carroll said, “but other coaches…are just lazy."

I wonder where you'll move the goalposts next.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my fault you keep moving your goal posts around every time you get proven wrong. Did you forget the original claim was that Saban was somekind of social media wizard? Of which nothing in your article supports.

So now you've tried to take things away from the social media into the subject of highschool visits - which has nothing to do with social media and the original topic.

Thus your claim had less merit than I gave it credit for.

Yet, you are trying to claim that Saban was pushing the rules with social media stuff.

But if you want to talk about the highschool visit thing, it wasn't that he was breaking any rules, or even really bending them. It was a matter of he(and others btw) doing more work than everyone else in the spring evaluations.

Here is what Pete Carroll said on it:

I wonder where you'll move the goalposts next.
What we've been talking about all along is pushing the boundaries of the NCAA rules and finding ways around them.
The Saban rule was put in place, not because other coaches are lazy, because Saban had a habit of "bumping into recruits" during the Spring period.
His way of getting around talking to a recruit because it wasn't "set up" and it was just a coincidence he'd always run into the recruits while meeting with coaches and observing recruits.
He pushed the boundaries and finally the NCAA stepped in and put an end to it. So instead of "bumping into recruits", he started Web cam calls to get around that rule.
All I've said from the beginning is EVERY coach is pushing boundaries and it is the new guy who gets all the press.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we've been talking about all along is pushing the boundaries of the NCAA rules and finding ways around them.
The Saban rule was put in place, not because other coaches are lazy, because Saban had a habit of "bumping into recruits" during the Spring period.
His way of getting around talking to a recruit because it wasn't "set up" and it was just a coincidence he'd always run into the recruits while meeting with coaches and observing recruits.
He pushed the boundaries and finally the NCAA stepped in and put an end to it. So instead of "bumping into recruits", he started Web cam calls to get around that rule.
All I've said from the beginning is EVERY coach is pushing boundaries and it is the new guy who gets all the press.

did-not-read-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-927.gif

If you do not care enough about your opinion to format it somewhat properly and make it easier for people to read, I don't care enough to read it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what you are talking about. Unless my phone is posting it different than it is showing on my screen