• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh assistant tells recruit, "without football you wouldn't get into Michigan"

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 25% of the students that are admitted to UM have a 4.0. The SAT scores are in the 600s. It is work but not as hard as it is being made out.

According to this site, they still give it an entrance rating of: Very Difficult Although I don't know what that means and how it compares to other schools. I just remember being surprised at how difficult it was to get in to the AA campus back in the mid 90's, but things always change.

University of Michigan Admissions Information - CollegeData College Profile

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, that Facebook page says he attended UNO, not NU.

I see now. I just assumed that if you were in the U of Nebraska system, you were probably a fan of the main team. At least that is how it is with U of M Dearborn and Flint students in Michigan.

Last edited by a moderator:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? I must be reading it wrong because mine clearly says: He graduated from the University of Nebraska Omaha with a History degree in 1997. Are you seeing something different than I am?

University of Nebraska at Omaha. UNO. Different school.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see now. I just assumed that if you were in the U of Nebraska system, you were probably a fan of the main team. At least that is how it is with U of M Dearborn and Flint students in Michigan.

Saw your edit. UNO is actually division 1 now in all sports (they don't have football). While a lot of them are Husker fans, that's not necessarily the case. I think he either finished his degree at UNO or got another one, because he went to Purdue.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw your edit. UNO is actually division 1 now in all sports (they don't have football). While a lot of them are Husker fans, that's not necessarily the case. I think he either finished his degree at UNO or got another one, because he went to Purdue.

Yeah, I once played a team from University of New Orleans, and they were known as UNO, so that is what I thought you meant. Sorry!

I guess I just assumed that he would be aligned with the Huskers Football program. I guess I was wrong.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now back to whats important, will Mike Weber flip back to Michigan?

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have to do with getting admitted? Does Michigan check every person who applies for arrest? I don't remember any record check when I applied for either degree.

actually they do now.. when my daughter applied to her small school they asked if she had ever been arrested or convicted of a felony

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually they do now.. when my daughter applied to her small school they asked if she had ever been arrested or convicted of a felony

They do ask now but do they actually check every applicants criminal record? My guess is most places do not.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Weber stays. Although I did see tsun has a senior rb that's transferring.

The one I think flips on us is Gibson.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Weber stays. Although I did see tsun has a senior rb that's transferring.

The one I think flips on us is Gibson.

Where do you think he is heading?

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do ask now but do they actually check every applicants criminal record? My guess is most places do not.
the application fees have increased enough to cover the cost of a basic in state check.. here they are only 10$... I just about guarantee they are ...due to all the school shootings..

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know his pops is a big Michigan fan. If anyone can get him to flip it'd be Harbaugh and Wheatley. I'd give it a 50-50 at this point. He'll only be behind Derrick Green (Jr.) DeVeon Smith (Jr.) and Ty Isaac (So.). Weber would probably pass both Green and Smith on the depth chart if he doesn't redshirt. Ty Isaac will most likely be our featured back. Weber's chances of early playing time would be better in A2 than in Columbus (and he knows it).

You guys are stacked now and going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know his pops is a big Michigan fan. If anyone can get him to flip it'd be Harbaugh and Wheatley. I'd give it a 50-50 at this point. He'll only be behind Derrick Green (Jr.) DeVeon Smith (Jr.) and Ty Isaac (So.). Weber would probably pass both Green and Smith on the depth chart if he doesn't redshirt. Ty Isaac will most likely be our featured back. Weber's chances of early playing time would be better in A2 than in Columbus (and he knows it).

You guys are stacked now and going forward.

Yeah depending on depth tOSU could lost both of those guys. It seems it would be an easier flip for Harbaugh since the kid already wanted to go to Michigan being in state.