• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh assistant tells recruit, "without football you wouldn't get into Michigan"

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now back to whats important, will Mike Weber flip back to Michigan?

Good chance, the kid is from Cass Tech (in Michigan), grew up a Michigan fan, and was originally committed to Michigan, and only decommitted when Hoke was fired. Not to mention the RB's currently on Ohio State's roster and the top commits they have in the 2016 class, good chance he could be buried on the depth chart.

Not saying it's a guarantee, but he just got in an in-home visit from Harbaugh himself, so Weber is probably thinking long and hard about his commitment to Ohio State. So I would put the odds somewhere around 65%+/-5% that he flips back to Michigan.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mike Weber's high school, Cass Tech, is located in Downtown Detroit and is approx. only a 30 minute drive to A2. That is a convenient distance for being close to friends and family! Plus many of those friends and family (particularly dad) are Michigan fans.

We shall see.

IMO, he should go to a school where he is NEEDED, not just where he is wanted (where he would just be another number on the depth chart). Both Ohio State and Michigan are fine at RB depth...and with Larry Scott coming on board, Michigan State looks set too.

Assuming he wishes to remain in B1G territory, he should think outside the box and look at some B1G West Division schools (I dunno if he would have the grades for Northwestern or Wisconsin, but the other West Div. schools would probably be viable candidates). If I was an up and coming RB, I would take a serious look at Minnesota; it would be a joy to play for a top-notch coach like Jerry Kill and his run oriented offense.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sam Webb seems to think so. At the meeting wit Harbaugh the other day Weber showed up decked in Michigan gear -- pretty strange from a kid committed and supposedly going to Ohio State. But either way, his recruitment has been an odd one no matter which way he decides to go. I think he would be a bigger get for Michigan at this point than Ohio State; but with OSU's national title I can see why kids would trust a sure thing over a building project. So it really depends on rather he wants to have a better shot at being the primary back or go to a school with a better shot at another national title in the next few years as we sit here today. But he would have a chance to start at Michigan this year -- and you can't say the same of OSU (huge amount of injuries aside).

Last edited by a moderator:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How awesome would it be if we got Weber, Clark and Marshal? I know it's unlikely but dang, that would be a good way to finish the class.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Webb seems to think so. At the meeting wit Harbaugh the other day Weber showed up decked in Michigan gear -- pretty strange from a kid committed and supposedly going to Ohio State. But either way, his recruitment has been an odd one no matter which way he decides to go. I think he would be a bigger get for Michigan at this point than Ohio State; but with OSU's national title I can see why kids would trust a sure thing over a building project. So it really depends on rather he wants to have a better shot at being the primary back or go to a school with a better shot at another national title in the next few years as we sit here today. But he would have a chance to start at Michigan this year -- and you can't say the same of OSU (huge amount of injuries aside).

In state kid that wants to play for in state school. It was a big flip to get him to tOSU. Harbaugh should be able to get him back in his sleep, major fail if he cant.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

B8i7o-8IEAApDnc.jpg

Pic from yesterday...

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It'd be great to get Weber but we really don't need him. I'd rather see us stack up on defenders. Besides, Cass Tech is a HS Michigan should NOT be allowing players to get out-of-state.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be great to get Weber but we really don't need him. I'd rather see us stack up on defenders. Besides, Cass Tech is a HS Michigan should NOT be allowing players to get out-of-state.

Exactly why it would be huge to get him.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly why it would be huge to get him.

Well we got Webb (DB) out of there last year and the consensus is Webber stays committed to the Bucks this year.

But it's hard to tell with these things. National signing day (Feb 4) can't come soon enough!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like football, sparty dumps scUM in hoops too. Maybe tom izzo's worst team in 18 yrs too. But another moral victory for scUM. just like ALMOST beating OSU in football and ALMOST beating wisky in hoops, now they ONLY lost in OT to sparty .....

Congrats moral victory U

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like football, sparty dumps scUM in hoops too. Maybe tom izzo's worst team in 18 yrs too. But another moral victory for scUM. just like ALMOST beating OSU in football and ALMOST beating wisky in hoops, now they ONLY lost in OT to sparty .....

Congrats moral victory U

lol, congrats on taking our bench to OT at home.....

I could see where after the last few years MSU fans would be excited about that win.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congrats moral victory U

lol, congrats on taking our bench to OT at home.....

I could see where after the last few years MSU fans would be excited about that win.

:pound: