• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hangartner Released

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it on Panthers.com. They are not giving any details right now. Now we need to sign a veteran OL.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it on Panthers.com. They are not giving any details right now. Now we need to sign a veteran OL.

Yeah, saw that. We are going to need to pick someone up. Any word on possibilities?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think we sign anyone...

i believe Gettlemen is trying to be far enough underthe cap this year so it roles over to next year and lowers our cap figure....

at least thats what it looks to me.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hangartner cut
The Carolina Panthers released veteran offensive lineman Geoff Hangartner on Thursday, leaving the starting right guard spot up for grabs.

Hangartner has started 83 games, including 12 last season for Carolina, during his eight-year career with the Panthers and Buffalo Bills.

The move was a bit surprising considering Hangartner had been running with the first team at camp, and the player Carolina drafted to eventually replace him -- Edmund Kugbila from Valdosta State -- has missed the majority of training camp with a pulled hamstring after sitting out OTAs with a knee injury.

Backup quarterback Derek Anderson called Hangartner one of the most popular players in the locker room, saying, "It's tough, but somebody is going to have to step up."
Guess it's wait-and-see.