• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hamels?

dumbrabbit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamels is intriguing, but I'm not willing to give up our hitting prospects. We have a very fine rotation right now in Hernandez, Iwakuma, Walker, Paxton and Elias. No need to gamble on an old SP. I'm very content with our rotation right now.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamels is intriguing, but I'm not willing to give up our hitting prospects. We have a very fine rotation right now in Hernandez, Iwakuma, Walker, Paxton and Elias. No need to gamble on an old SP. I'm very content with our rotation right now.

Hmmmm, Happ will be a starter over Walker or Elias. Hamels is only 31, I think and under contract for 4 years with 5th year club option. If the package mentioned in the article is all it would take (Elias, Taylor, Kilehvan and Hicks) I would jump at it. Pick up an ace pitcher without giving up Pederson, Jackson, Walker or Paxton, how can you say no?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't hamels kind of a head case???

I dont want anything to do with trading with the phillies. They should have bailed on about 6 guys last year, but didn't move any. Which tells me Amaro is trying to screw the other teams over in the trade.

We allknow Jacky Z usually drives a hard bargain. So I dont think theres any smoke here. But dont doubt we "kicked the tires" we all know Z kicks every tire out there.. but rarely moves.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm, Happ will be a starter over Walker or Elias. Hamels is only 31, I think and under contract for 4 years with 5th year club option. If the package mentioned in the article is all it would take (Elias, Taylor, Kilehvan and Hicks) I would jump at it. Pick up an ace pitcher without giving up Pederson, Jackson, Walker or Paxton, how can you say no?

Exactly! People get caught up in names regarding minor leaguers. Go back to the list of M's prospects over the last decade or two and you realize that trading about 95% of them would have never even played a role in the M's future if traded. Every team has a top 10 list of prospects, butt hat doesn't mean they are relative to the MLB teams future. Small percentage are. This group is filled with potential role players at best. Heck, even the so-called deal from hell of Jones and the 5 others for Bedard really only became about Jones. The other 5 were replaceable if not forgotten all together. None of these 4 mentioned are anywhere near Jones' career path.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really want to give up Kivlehan.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We allknow Jacky Z usually drives a hard bargain. So I dont think theres any smoke here. But dont doubt we "kicked the tires" we all know Z kicks every tire out there.. but rarely moves.

That is something no one can argue with.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really want to give up Kivlehan.

He is a good story, but not a true prospect. I see Romero as a better prospect and Romero may never see the light of day in majors again at least on a full time basis.

Kivlehan has K's 25% of the time and never played above AA and is playing there at age 24. He has a very tough road ahead of him to the majors. I am pulling for him, but he will be 26 at the end of this season which he will spend in the minors.

Last edited by a moderator:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd be fine with the deal

i really like elias, though

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do this deal without question.

My favorite players of the suggested trade are Taylor and Elias. Both of which I really like and I believe can be very solid MLB players. But to add a top of the rotation pitcher for that price I think is very worth it. I think it would make the M's a much better team than they are now.