• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guitar Players?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an old Aria bass that I've owned for over 30 years, but I'm thinking about letting it go. It's a Diamond Standard, not sure of the exact model year because they didn't always put the year into the serial number until the late 70's. But I haven't played it much in the last 15 years, and truth be told I was never that good on it. My hands are just too small to play such a wide neck. I've gotten 2 six strings lately, one electric, one acoustic, and there's no more room for the bass in the house.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been "relearning" the bass and guitar recently after not really playing since the late 90s. I picked up a couple of Epiphones at the pawn ship.
The guitar is a Les Paul model and I really like it considering the price. Decent sound and plays really nice. The bass is ok but I'm not overly impressed with the pick ups.
I also picked up a nice Fender acoustic-electric bass that was hanging on a friend's wall for 10 years or so. I am struggling to use it so far because the pick ups are so f'n live and the unused string's vibration echos around the body cavity. I tried a bass compressor but still need to figure it out.
I've been playing with some friends. We've been playing a variety of rock and even some folksy stuff with the drummer's gf on vocals. Unfortunately the drummer pissed off the lead guitar player last time by telling him what fxs he should be using. The guitarist didn't take it well and now I'm not sure what is up.
Some of the songs we've got down pretty well:
*American Girl - Tom Petty
*Young Lust - Pink Floyd
*Black - Pearl Jam
*Godzilla - Blue Oyster Cult
*On a Plane - Nirvana
*Night Moves - Bob Seger
*Interstate Love Song - Stone Temple Pilots
*Trippin on a Hole in a Paper Heart - Stone Temple Pilots
*When I Come Around - Green Day
*Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
*Needle and the Damage Done - Neil Young
*NIB - Black Sabbath
*Earache My Eye - Alice Bowie (Cheech and Chong) + "Hopelessly Lost Due to Incompetence" as an intro
*Bombtrack - Rage Against the Machine
*Blue on Black - Kenny Wayne Sheppard
*Land Down Under - Men at Work

Plus others, originals, etc.