• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden to the cowboys?

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor i heard is that Gruden wants to coach the cowboys.. now i know jhe said hes not interested in any of the open coaching positions.. but the cowboys are not open.. this year..

The last winners the cowboys had.. johnson.. and parcells both had more controll over the boys..

would jerry be willing to give up the control a little to get a winner back in big D??

thoughts comments??

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"would jerry be willing to give up the control a little to get a winner back in big D?? "

NO....Jerry is only interested in Jerry being the main focus

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not sure the source.. just rumblings i heard in the DFW area.. im a patriots fan so i only half listen to the cowboys news.. but thought it was an interesting question.. probably heard it on 105.3 the fan..

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah thinks 8-8 is ok as he knows the fans will still buy tickets. Next years schedule will be much more difficult. Without changes and some luck the cowboys will be lucky to get 6 wins. Can't have the same injuries and can't have the same Dline and same scheme

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also find no excuse to not run murray more if he is healthy. Jerrah will only hire a gruden type if the cowboys win from 3 to 5 games. This will be possible next season. I would suggest adding to the ol and a big and fast back to prepare for the defenses we see next season. Randle and tanner flat out suck. We need another capable back to team with murray and dunbar

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden coming here in 2015 would not surprise me as I can see the cowboys not running the ball and the defense getting shredded. Gruden also has a connection to jerrah via al davis. We already have the pieces in place to have a great west coast offense.

ragman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw something yesterday saying that he's staying at ESPN. I just think he likes to be asked if he would like to coach again in the NFL.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw something yesterday saying that he's staying at ESPN. I just think he likes to be asked if he would like to coach again in the NFL.

He has said he would like to coach again but it would have to be the right situation. He has also stated in the past (haven't heard this since Garrett was made HC though) He would like to coach the Cowboys....

That said .... why would anyone want to take over the Cowboys right now?
Cap strapped for the next couple of years. Especially Gruden.
That's the situation he stepped into in Tampa. Won his first year ... then so cap strapped the team had to be dismantled. I don't see him doing that again.

Just look at the Redskins ... and what happened with Shanny. This coming offseason would have been the first year they had money to spend in free agency and he gets shown the door.

The Cowboys HC job is NOT currently anywhere near the top of most wanted jobs in the NFL .... Add in all that is Jerry ..... and I'd say it isn't even a top 10-15 most wanted job currently. May very well be why Jerry is sticking with Garrett one more year.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ar3 abso1ute1y right tw1st3d: nobody wants to coach the cowboys.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ar3 abso1ute1y right tw1st3d: nobody wants to coach the cowboys.

How many times is ford going to have to warn you to stay in the smack talk thread before you get banned? :rollseyes:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has said he would like to coach again but it would have to be the right situation. He has also stated in the past (haven't heard this since Garrett was made HC though) He would like to coach the Cowboys....

That said .... why would anyone want to take over the Cowboys right now?
Cap strapped for the next couple of years. Especially Gruden.
That's the situation he stepped into in Tampa. Won his first year ... then so cap strapped the team had to be dismantled. I don't see him doing that again.

Just look at the Redskins ... and what happened with Shanny. This coming offseason would have been the first year they had money to spend in free agency and he gets shown the door.

The Cowboys HC job is NOT currently anywhere near the top of most wanted jobs in the NFL .... Add in all that is Jerry ..... and I'd say it isn't even a top 10-15 most wanted job currently. May very well be why Jerry is sticking with Garrett one more year.

Jerry is sticking with the red head because nobody else wants the job? Really?? Listen, there is more than enough real problems with Jerry without you guys getting all "Area 51"

The fact is with all that has happened being the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys is still one of the premiere jobs in all of professional sports ...and still right up there with managing the NY Yankees.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry is sticking with the red head because nobody else wants the job? Really?? Listen, there is more than enough real problems with Jerry without you guys getting all "Area 51"

The fact is with all that has happened being the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys is still one of the premiere jobs in all of professional sports ...and still right up there with managing the NY Yankees.

I said it MIGHT be a reason he is sticking with Garrett.

And I would disagree. Cap hurts the Yankees None .... No hard cap in baseball. you could spend a billion dollars on a team and just pay the luxery tax ... which is what the Yankees do.

Disagree. Plenty of coaches have said they couldn't coach for Jerry Jones. Add that in with our cap ... This isn't the 1980s and 90s

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it MIGHT be a reason he is sticking with Garrett.

And I would disagree. Cap hurts the Yankees None .... No hard cap in baseball. you could spend a billion dollars on a team and just pay the luxery tax ... which is what the Yankees do.

Disagree. Plenty of coaches have said they couldn't coach for Jerry Jones. Add that in with our cap ... This isn't the 1980s and 90s

:agree:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit. It's one of the worst jobs in the NFL.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. It's one of the worst jobs in the NFL.

I wouldn't say the worst .......

But most coaches dont want a owner like Jerry Jones except when it comes to spending money on the players he wants.

We have no money to spend and you get a owner than is too involved.

It's the same reason the Redskins have trouble hiring head coaches and why they got stuck with Jim Zorn a few years back.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry makes almost any job preferable to it. Snyder might make it close but at least there you have griffin to play with.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry makes almost any job preferable to it. Snyder might make it close but at least there you have griffin to play with.

A broke kneed Qb that proved he isnt accurate unless he can run? That was benched? Lost his locker room to an extent that his team mates were calling him out..... oh yeah

There is a reason why the Redskin is the least wanted HCing job this offseason and even Cleveland is rated higher WAY higher

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and JDM I understand you are a Pats fan ... and yall are set at coach.

And I really dont think you are dumb enough to believe that ANY coach would rather work for the Redskins than the Cowboys.

So you must either really hate the Cowboys or be jealous of them .... OR Just wanted to make a troll comment.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin will be a top 3 NFL QB in 5 years unless the coach is as terrible as Shanahan.

If both are healthy there isn't a coach in the league that takes romo over him.