• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gronk yet again hints at a comeback

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk is too busy trying to stay alive on The Masked Singer as White Tiger. I guess he will be available after Wednesday of this week though, as I see him getting booted.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think that's true anymore. Buffalo is building a tough roster, regardless of what you think of Allen. NE isn't going to be able to screw around and win the East at 10-6 if they wanted to.

I'm also convinced that the Pats defence of last year won't be the same next year.

I think they lose Van Noy, maybe a McCourty at the very least. Can't recall how Collins' contract was written but I think it was only 1 year.

So if they plan on getting weapons offensively, the money has to come from somewhere, especially since they seem to draft like shit....

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really just depends how good Mahomes is and for how long he is, and then what's in front of them.

Seattle came real damn close to being a dynasty, but have kind of fallen flat on their faces in big moments since their SB win.
he had half the TD's he did the year prior. regardless of winning, thats gotta be a concern no? its funny, if you look at my preseason prediction for mahomes stats, i nearly hit it on the nose. 26/5 is still fantastic but thats from 50/12 and 1k more yards (tho he missed 2 games).
offenses get stagnant and figured out fast in this league. the team also scored over 100 fewer pts.

but, you won.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like ive told...every other fan of every team not NE that has won (or close) over the past 20 years. ive seen this movie before.

the seahawks were coming
the falcons were coming
once, the bengals were coming (well, they never won or got close, but people were high on them for a time)
a few times, baltimore was coming
AZ was coming
now its you guys

and you probably have the best shot to NOT be the movie we've seen here before.
Every movie has an ending. I think the final chapter is near.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk is too busy trying to stay alive on The Masked Singer as White Tiger. I guess he will be available after Wednesday of this week though, as I see him getting booted.
how freakin obvious was that? (PS i dont watch, just saw the video on TV)

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if he comes back that all but guarantees Brady will stay in New England.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also convinced that the Pats defence of last year won't be the same next year.

I think they lose Van Noy, maybe a McCourty at the very least. Can't recall how Collins' contract was written but I think it was only 1 year.

So if they plan on getting weapons offensively, the money has to come from somewhere, especially since they seem to draft like shit....
mccourty, post game after the loss, said it best.

he named every starter on D, and how long theyve been there. "a lot of us are in our 30's now, and this is a business".

there will be turnover on D, maybe surprising too.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife watches that. The second he walked out, I said... GRONK. So obvious.
i told my boss he needs football to stay relevant. hes stretching now. he had his "im a 31 year old teenager" beach party. next year, what is it, the bachelor? then maybe circle gets the square?
he loves the attention, and the best attention he gets is thru football. his fame is finite.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he had half the TD's he did the year prior. regardless of winning, thats gotta be a concern no? its funny, if you look at my preseason prediction for mahomes stats, i nearly hit it on the nose. 26/5 is still fantastic but thats from 50/12 and 1k more yards (tho he missed 2 games).
offenses get stagnant and figured out fast in this league. the team also scored over 100 fewer pts.

but, you won.
That's true, but in 14 games started, and realistically he only played about 1 quarter of the Broncos game.

16 game mark he got up to: 4,646, 34 Passing touchdowns, 37 total touchdowns. 5 INT's. He went from God-Tier to mere mortal MVP-tier when he was on the field.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read into it, or dont. i dunno anymore.

he cost us a useable TE in 2019 (cook) by waffling.

Monday’s Mashup: Did Rob Gronkowski hint at comeback in Instagram comment to Tom Brady?

Brady posted a photo of himself preparing for next season with the caption, “31 weeks until kickoff. That’s a lot of time to get better. #TheOnlyWayIsThrough.”

To which Gronkowski replied, “When you take year off, 52 + 31 = 83 + 4 weeks (miss pre season) now equals =87 weeks to get better Tom. Think bout that.”

Comeback or not, there’s no way he figured that math out himself.

For fuqs sake, I already covered this.

"We're putting the band back together", "We're on a mission from God"

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i told my boss he needs football to stay relevant. hes stretching now. he had his "im a 31 year old teenager" beach party. next year, what is it, the bachelor? then maybe circle gets the square?
he loves the attention, and the best attention he gets is thru football. his fame is finite.
No question he can still play. Is he smart enough to think about future quality of life?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, this got 5 times the replies too. gofigga.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question he can still play. Is he smart enough to think about future quality of life?
yes, he is. absolutely. its why he stepoped away the way he did. it was a hard decision for him i think, leaving his teammates behind etc. he has planned financially probably better than any current NFL player.
my biggest concern if he does try to come back is clean piss. CBD is illegal per the CBA like THC is. he bathes in that shit.