• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest dyansties

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that a lot, but I have a hard time believing players and coaches don't care enough to try and win if it's not the NC game. If this is the case, then that loss is on the coaching staff for not caring enough to get the team up for the game.

That's exactly what I said. And Saban would say the same. The man said himself it was a consolation game. I mean if you asked me then hell yeah I wanted to beat Oklahoma in that game. But me, a fan, didn't barely miss out on a chance for a 3peat. Motivating a team that has won 2 titles in a row for a game that they feel they shouldn't even be in is a hard task. Saban says that ALL THE TIME. It's part of coaching. Sometimes, all the players buy in. Sometimes, you have some bad egos. I mean how else do you explain those eggs USC laid in their run with Pete Carroll... Stanford? Oregon State? Motivation had a lot to do with that, and egos. You think a team full of 5 and 4 stars at USC is going to take a 42 point underdog seriously? Hell no, unless they have the right mindset.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Perine was hurt long before we knew it. He absolutely bull dozed his way down the field on the first drive and then I couldn't figure out why we went away from the run. Now I've got a pretty good idea why. Then when Mixon went out I knew we were toast. We had no running game and Alex Ross just isn't a good back. If he stays healthy the whole game, maybe the outcome is different.

Losing your two running backs and your best DT isn't a recipe for success in the cfp. Then again, Clemson lost their first round DT in the first series, so no excuses. We got beat, and that's really all I can say.

I do think Oklahoma will be better next year. We've got some athletes we've been waiting on to come around who are better athletes than the upper class men we had this year. I think we make it back to the cfp if we get by that opener against Houston and the OSU.

Well I'm not making excuses for Oklahoma, you lost and that's that.

But I do rank Oklahoma #3 to end the season and it seems like I'm the only one.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan 2008-2015

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Perine was hurt long before we knew it. He absolutely bull dozed his way down the field on the first drive and then I couldn't figure out why we went away from the run. Now I've got a pretty good idea why. Then when Mixon went out I knew we were toast. We had no running game and Alex Ross just isn't a good back. If he stays healthy the whole game, maybe the outcome is different.

Losing your two running backs and your best DT isn't a recipe for success in the cfp. Then again, Clemson lost their first round DT in the first series, so no excuses. We got beat, and that's really all I can say.

I do think Oklahoma will be better next year. We've got some athletes we've been waiting on to come around who are better athletes than the upper class men we had this year. I think we make it back to the cfp if we get by that opener against Houston and the OSU.

I think you guys just got outphysicalled in the 2nd half. In the first half it was pretty even. The second half was all Clemson in the trenches. When I rewatched the game, I noticed that when you guys did run the ball, the Oline couldn't hold blocks for more than a second. Clemson's Dline was eating the Oline alive. The injuries did play a major part of it, but it was obvious who was winning the trenches in the second half. That being said, you guys hung right in there, and I do believe if all players had stayed healthy that game, it could have had a much closer outcome.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm not making excuses for Oklahoma, you lost and that's that.

But I do rank Oklahoma #3 to end the season and it seems like I'm the only one.

That's where I'd have them, personally.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, not only is Bama #2 and #8 on the list but we ended #3 and #10 as well.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys just got outphysicalled in the 2nd half. In the first half it was pretty even. The second half was all Clemson in the trenches. When I rewatched the game, I noticed that when you guys did run the ball, the Oline couldn't hold blocks for more than a second. Clemson's Dline was eating the Oline alive. The injuries did play a major part of it, but it was obvious who was winning the trenches in the second half. That being said, you guys hung right in there, and I do believe if all players had stayed healthy that game, it could have had a much closer outcome.

That's pretty much the way I saw it. Like I've said, I love what Darlington and Kasitati have meant to this team and what they've done, but I watched those two look like they were on skates all season. We simply didn't have the size and athletes at the interior to hold up against Clemson's for four quarters. We've got those type of athletes ready to start stepping in though, and it's a big reason why I think we'll be better next year.

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10. Florida (2006-2009): 48-7 — The Gators went 13-1 in three successive seasons under Urban Meyer, winning national championships in 2006 and 2008, and losing in the title game in 2009. Tim Tebow led the way, winning the Heisman Trophy in 2007.

2006 - 13-1 and won the title over Ohio state
2007 - 9-4
2008 - 13-1 and won title over Oklahoma
2009 - 13-1 and won sugar bowl over Cincy.

A. That's not 13-1 in three successive season.
B. They didn't lose in the title game in 2009 because they weren't in it. My guess is he meant SEC title game, but still... Fuckin' specify.

If you (not OP but original writer) botch the first one this bad, I can't imagine the rest of the list.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2006 - 13-1 and won the title over Ohio state
2007 - 9-4
2008 - 13-1 and won title over Oklahoma
2009 - 13-1 and won sugar bowl over Cincy.

A. That's not 13-1 in three successive season.
B. They didn't lose in the title game in 2009 because they weren't in it. My guess is he meant SEC title game, but still... Fuckin' specify.

If you (not OP but original writer) botch the first one this bad, I can't imagine the rest of the list.

I'm not sure any dynasty has a 4 loss season in it.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha.they didn't even get the FSU dynasty right. It was from 1987 to 2000. Not 1992. What crap site is this from @Mistaken4193 ?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I said. And Saban would say the same. The man said himself it was a consolation game. I mean if you asked me then hell yeah I wanted to beat Oklahoma in that game. But me, a fan, didn't barely miss out on a chance for a 3peat. Motivating a team that has won 2 titles in a row for a game that they feel they shouldn't even be in is a hard task. Saban says that ALL THE TIME. It's part of coaching. Sometimes, all the players buy in. Sometimes, you have some bad egos. I mean how else do you explain those eggs USC laid in their run with Pete Carroll... Stanford? Oregon State? Motivation had a lot to do with that, and egos. You think a team full of 5 and 4 stars at USC is going to take a 42 point underdog seriously? Hell no, unless they have the right mindset.

True, but it's the fans that really suffer then. This year OSU should have played for the NC.. they had all those players back and everything was looking great. Then we lose to MSU in the single worst game I've seen OSU play since Meyers took over. But beating ND soundly made it all a little bit better.. sends you into the off season with some excitement. I'm still not super crazy about what CFB has become. The playoffs or nothing mentality is not good.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any list that doesn't include Woody Hayes is bullshit. He won 5 National Titles 13 Big Ten titles and had 4 undefeated seasons.

Sorry Dick, but sore loser sucker puncher Hayes did not win titles in 1961 and 1970 like most bugeyes claim. He was a laughingstock.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Dick, but sore loser sucker puncher Hayes did not win titles in 1961 and 1970 like most bugeyes claim. He was a laughingstock.

Go google national titles, dick eater. They're both more legit than that bullshit you guys claim from your rematch w/LSU.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go google national titles, dick eater. They're both more legit than that bullshit you guys claim from your rematch w/LSU.

:pound:No, they're not. Undefeated Bama was the unanimous AP and UPI selection in 1961. Bugeye U. was 8-0-1 with the tie coming against a 3-5-2 TCU team. In 1970 Texas and Nebraska split the title. Jesus Christ son, learn some football and stop being a laughingstock.

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:

31 straight then 47 straight
Alabama will never match that. You'll remain second! Relax, no shame in it.
If I'm not mistaken, the highest ranked team that OU beat during their 47 game streak was ranked #8. However, I'm not absolutely certain on that and be sure to correct me if I'm wrong. Meanwhile, you may remember a certain Nebraska team (I don't know how old you are) that beat the number 2,3, and 4 ranked teams (OU, Col. and Bama) that year in winning a national champioship. I remember that the SI bowl season report called that NU team "awesome" while commenting that the OU team looked bored while destroying Auburn in the Sugar Bowl. SI concluded that NU and OU were "light years" better than any of the other teams. While not a dynasty at that time, I still loved the incredible NU-OU game of the century that year, which it truly was.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:No, they're not. Undefeated Bama was the unanimous AP and UPI selection in 1961. Bugeye U. was 8-0-1 with the tie coming against a 3-5-2 TCU team. In 1970 Texas and Nebraska split the title. Jesus Christ son, learn some football and stop being a laughingstock.

It was clear the hell back in 1961, dipshit. There were no tie-breakers, no playoffs and the university even voted that we not go to a bowl game. so yeah, a split title was about as legit as it gets in those days. But I get the feeling that bama football is all you have, so if you need to think that some title from 1961 is yours and yours alone, then have at it. LOL!

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was clear the hell back in 1961, dipshit. There were no tie-breakers, no playoffs and the university even voted that we not go to a bowl game. so yeah, a split title was about as legit as it gets in those days. But I get the feeling that bama football is all you have, so if you need to think that some title from 1961 is yours and yours alone, then have at it. LOL!

Don't have to claim anything. The AP and UPI awarded it. Ohio's was awarded by the Bugeye Touchdown Club.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly's stint at Oregon. Those 4 years are better than Alabama's in the win-loss record.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have to claim anything. The AP and UPI awarded it. Ohio's was awarded by the Bugeye Touchdown Club.

If you're gonna split hairs, then some of your other titles are no longer valid.. 1978