• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great Article On Zona

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things:

1) The sports citation with the worst reputation... is Bleacher Report. Congratulations.
2) Did you bother to check out the poll in the article, by the fans?

Care to check out the articles by CBS, ESPN, Sporting News, SI, etc., that state the opposite? Did you catch the postgame interview by Beilein where he said that this team from AZ is as good of a team as he's ever faced?

Look man, no one really cares about December rankings as much as you do. All we are trying to say is that AZ is ranked #1. No AZ fan is saying that AZ is dominant, only that AZ is, and will be ranked, #1, until they lose, or win horribly, against a weak, weak opponent. Other than that, you should just deal with it. You posting your hatred for AZ being ranked #1 is becoming rather desperate.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahahaha the Bleacher????? That's your source of info? Come on man! :laugh3:

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zona is long and athletic, will be a tough out come March.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things:

1) The sports citation with the worst reputation... is Bleacher Report. Congratulations.
2) Did you bother to check out the poll in the article, by the fans?

Care to check out the articles by CBS, ESPN, Sporting News, SI, etc., that state the opposite? Did you catch the postgame interview by Beilein where he said that this team from AZ is as good of a team as he's ever faced?

Look man, no one really cares about December rankings as much as you do. All we are trying to say is that AZ is ranked #1. No AZ fan is saying that AZ is dominant, only that AZ is, and will be ranked, #1, until they lose, or win horribly, against a weak, weak opponent. Other than that, you should just deal with it. You posting your hatred for AZ being ranked #1 is becoming rather desperate.

hey one major outlet said what needed to be said

deal with it.....

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major outlet???

Man, you're more delusional than I thought. :L

its no espn or cbs but its valued at 800 mill

if thats not "major" then i dont know what is

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its no espn or cbs but its valued at 800 mill

if thats not "major" then i dont know what is

I don't care about the $$$ value. I'm talking about the reputation in the sports world. No one talks about Bleacher Report. No sports outlet cites them for a story. No one cares about what they write. Are you kidding me? That's like saying that Buzzfeed is a major news source.

So, at this point, it becomes painfully clear that you don't know what a major sports news source is. Keep hating. But for the sake of your own credibility, pick something better than Bleacher Report. Jesus, did you even read what pretty much every comment under the article stated? No one is saying that AZ is dominant, but there is no dominant team. It's fucking December!!!! Get a grip, man. AZ is number one. They have done everything that they should. They have played top ten teams away from their home court. They have played ranked teams in very hostel road environments, and they have won. There is nothing that your endless bitching is going to do to change that.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about the $$$ value. I'm talking about the reputation in the sports world. No one talks about Bleacher Report. No sports outlet cites them for a story. No one cares about what they write. Are you kidding me? That's like saying that Buzzfeed is a major news source.

So, at this point, it becomes painfully clear that you don't know what a major sports news source is. Keep hating. But for the sake of your own credibility, pick something better than Bleacher Report. Jesus, did you even read what pretty much every comment under the article stated? No one is saying that AZ is dominant, but there is no dominant team. It's fucking December!!!! Get a grip, man. AZ is number one. They have done everything that they should. They have played top ten teams away from their home court. They have played ranked teams in very hostel road environments, and they have won. There is nothing that your endless bitching is going to do to change that.

i dunno man. i am just saying its a joke to label BR as some scrub blog

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does AZ ever get taken seriously?

they have missed the tourny twice in the last 4 years

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno man. i am just saying its a joke to label BR as some scrub blog

Look man, this bs #1 debate aside, BR is definitely a scrub blog. Please, tell, me... no, show me how many times you can possibly find one of the major, national, respected, sports news outlets actually say "as reported by BR", or "a BR story", or anything like that. Because ESPN uses SI stuff all the time, and vice versus. Same with Sporting News, CBS, FOX, NBC, any of them. But BR??? They are nothing by a regurgitation of sports, with opinions that try to do nothing more than to get a rise from the reader. Either that, or they just have a bunch of top ten or top 25 lists... just like Buzzfeed. I cannot state this enough, BR is fucking Busch League.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look man, this bs #1 debate aside, BR is definitely a scrub blog. Please, tell, me... no, show me how many times you can possibly find one of the major, national, respected, sports news outlets actually say "as reported by BR", or "a BR story", or anything like that. Because ESPN uses SI stuff all the time, and vice versus. Same with Sporting News, CBS, FOX, NBC, any of them. But BR??? They are nothing by a regurgitation of sports, with opinions that try to do nothing more than to get a rise from the reader. Either that, or they just have a bunch of top ten or top 25 lists... just like Buzzfeed. I cannot state this enough, BR is fucking Busch League.

you do realize that CNN is contracted with BR right?

they are always putting BR on their website & TV

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
click on the CNN sports section and it redirects you to BR :lol:

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the season ended today most would agree Arizona is National Champions

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately the season doesn't end anytime soon

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nor does the ncg get choses based on a poll

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Most college basketball
fans will forget this game, but the Arizona
Wildcats will not. They flew across the country,
faced a hungry and talented Michigan team before
a boisterous, hostile crowd, barely had any time
to shoot on a tough road arena, tipped off at 10
a.m. Mountain Time, and fell behind by nine
points at halftime. All signs pointed to an Arizona
loss.
But this is what we learned about these Wildcats:
They really like that No. 1 ranking. And they kept
it by rallying back to earn a 72-70 win over
Michigan.
Zona guard Nick Johnson:
"When you say we went to San Diego State,
played Duke at (Madison Square) Garden --
which is basically a home game for them --
we've been tested," Johnson said. "And I think
the country is starting to see that. We're not just
a West Coast team, a top team that stays at
home and just plays easy teams. We want to test
ourselves

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does AZ ever get taken seriously?

they have missed the tourny twice in the last 4 years

Again man, you have no idea about the fucking program. This is what really pisses me off. You talk about shit that you haven't the least fucking understanding about. Before those 4 years you are so conveniently singling out, they went to 25 consecutive tourneys. That ties an all-time record. That's why they are taken seriously you fucking dipshit!

They went through 4 different coaches in 4 consecutive years. After Lute was forced to retire because of health issues, AZ had to scramble to find an interim until they could take the time to go out and get a coach. They had hired Kevin O'Neill (the fuckin bum) to just bridge them. He got pissed because he wanted the permanent position, but AZ was going much bigger. O'Neill didn't recruit for shit. Then he threw a fit and left. So AZ went to the assistant, Mike Dunlap, but he wanted the permanent job also. So they had to go with a guy named Russ Pennell, who had never coached a DI game in his life. They ended up going to the Sweet 16 that year (with Chase Budinger, and Jordan Hill). But obviously, Pennell didn't do a shred of recruiting either. So when AZ finally got Miller, AZ had absolutely ZERO recruits. So, understandably, Miller's first year they didn't make it.

His second year, after not getting to the dance, he got AZ to the Elite Eight after they destroyed the defending champs in Duke, and was a 3 ball away from beating the eventual NC in UConn to get to the FF. That was his 2nd year. After that year, Derrick Williams was the #2 draft pick. And the starting PG transferred to be close to his family. His starting 5 during his 3rd year was 6'7"!!!!! And they still just barely missed it. You tell me how far any team is going to get with a freshmen back court, and a 6'7" center. Then last year, after beating #5 Florida and getting all the way to #3, they got to the Sweet 16, and was a last second 3 against Ohio State from getting to the Elite Eight. That was Miller's first year of having players that were all his own, instead of dealing with players that either came to AZ taking the chance on the name alone, and really weren't the players he was trying to put into his system.

All the while, Miller has been landing top ten class after top ten class Now we are at this year, where AZ is number fucking one in the nation, and is probably going to have it for a month, until at least they play @UCLA on January 9th. Everyone in the country, besides your fake as friends at BR thing that AZ is the legit #1 right now. But guess what, no one other than you really gives a shit about it. Because it's only December. It's nice, and it means a lot considering what AZ has been through over a short period of time to get here, but #1 in December means two things come March 1) Jack, and 2) Shit!!!!!

But I would say that being #1, in only his fifth year, being surrounded by the Coach K's, the Coach Cals, the Izzos, the Patinos, the Selfs, the Williams, the Mattas, the Boeheims, the Ryans, and all the other coaches who have built solid programs for years is pretty special. Especially when the handoff was so rocky. There were no McDonalds AAs when he started. There were no 5 star recruits. There was a team that a legend built, who had left 3 years prior, and Miller was taking over from a NAIA coach with a completely empty cupboard of recruits. So, to be able to start the program up in such a short period, based on nothing but a name on the jersey, to having 4 straight top ten recruiting classes, a Sweet 16, an Elite Eight, a #2 draft pick, 3 players overall getting drafted, a top 3 finish, and currently #1, in just 5 years???? I would say that people who follow college basketball, and don't have to ask why AZ is taken seriously, know the answer to that question: and they also know that someone who has to ask that question is a complete dipshit on the topic of college basketball.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How to tell if a site is a respected sports outlet:

1) Does the site specialize in slideshows, to create artificially inflated page-click numbers?
2) Does the site focus on creating arbitrary rankings with indefensible choices just to stir up some controversy in the comments section?
3) Has any member of the Kardashian family been featured on the on the front page?
4) Is there an entire section devoted to Professional Wrasslin?

If the answer to any of the above questions is "yes" then you are not looking at a respectable sports site.

Also, if you think that some poorly written opinion piece by some no-talent hack that got his start by writing about fantasy football is proof of anything other than your poor judgement, you're delusional.