• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade the Tide vs Florida....

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worried a little at first, WR's running wild in the open field.

Offense A-
Good job of trying to answer back in the 1st quarter, but running gets us inside the 20 & then 3 incomplete passes in a row, WTF??? But ran the ball down the Gators throat & AJ did a great job of staying calm. No sacks, unbelievable

Defense A+
1st quarter sucked, but then it was on. Upshaw was a beast & the TD was awesome. QB's feel the pain against our physical D. Shutout after the 1st Q.

Special Teams B-
Opening KO was sick... Luckily the Gators got penalized. Foster can't get the ball in the end zone consistently. It's a good thing he's big & can tackle. Maze is the bomb, but every kickoff & punt I cringe a little because I'm afraid he's exposing himself to an injury.

Overall A-.... Winning on the road in a hostile environment can only help us down the road & we're 8-2 in the Swamp.

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem I saw was the depths of the kickoffs. Our kicking and punting is weak sauce.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, the guy really has to figure out how to get some more air on his kick offs. That was the number one thing that stood out to me. I was thrilled we scored and then nervous because we had to kick that damn ball again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed with most. I'd have to rank the offense a B though. The running game was def A+ worthy but the passing game was C or B- at best. While McCarron did a good job of managing the game, moving players into position, and making the correct reads, he still failed to connect on any (or at least the majority) of his long passes. A wr also dropped a ball in the endzone that would have been a touchdown and i think we had to settle for a field goal on that possession. Passing game still needs work but shows progress and would be deadly if McCarron improved his long ball accuracy.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am hoping that the coaches gives him the chance to go deep often against Vandy. It is a perfect time to really get that part of his game sorted out.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense overall B+
Passing - C
Rushing - A+
Play Calling - F

Defense overall A
Passing - A, I think the first couple of drives our secondary just got caught looking
in the backfield really wanting to stuff the run early.
Rushing - A++

My only complaint is the play calling, I'm getting really sick of watching us run the ball to the redzone then throw 3 passes and kick a fieldgoal.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't the play calling, because we run the most vanilla offense. The QB is a newbie and still learning the ropes. You guys need to chill out with throwing the OC under the bus.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't the play calling, because we run the most vanilla offense. The QB is a newbie and still learning the ropes. You guys need to chill out with throwing the OC under the bus.

I've been hearing that for 3 years now. It's hard to dispute his ability to coach but he is a retard at play calling.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Most of the time it is the play calling in the red zone, imo. We use our strong suit to get down there and switch to something we aren't as efficient at to try and finish it off. That has been the method for three years. I would rather see us continue to hit them in the mouth, and make them stop us, than see us give it away with something that has been tried and failed more times than any of us would like. Let's face it, if we are great at throwing the ball then we can do it that way down there. It isn't any easier to throw the ball in congested territory than it is to run the ball down there. Especially given the obvious tilt we have in effectiveness between the two.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with most. I'd have to rank the offense a B though. The running game was def A+ worthy but the passing game was C or B- at best. While McCarron did a good job of managing the game, moving players into position, and making the correct reads, he still failed to connect on any (or at least the majority) of his long passes. A wr also dropped a ball in the endzone that would have been a touchdown and i think we had to settle for a field goal on that possession. Passing game still needs work but shows progress and would be deadly if McCarron improved his long ball accuracy.

Yeah I think it was Bell who dropped that pass. Tough pass to catch considering he was already falling to the ground, but he did have both hands on it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to me it looks as if McCarron has a better arm than McElroy. It just felt as if McElroy had a lot of air under his passes whereas McCarron has more zip on his throws. I know Richardson is back there but I would definitely like to see Bama air the ball out more. The TE is pretty slick and although there is no Julio Jones type of receiver on this team, Bama will manage (although it sucks that Duron Carter finally red shirted this season).

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah McCarron has one hell of an arm. Unfortunately he puts a little to much on the deep ball right now. That should get sorted out in the next few games. We have a good stretch of games to get his timing and accuracy right.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm hoping to see that within the next few games. With Richardson and Lacy on the team, if I were McElwain I know I'd be pounding the crap out of opposing defenses with those two, but I feel as if McCarron is a potential weapon in his own right.

If McCarron does start to show that consistency, it'll do wonders. Bama is already pretty balanced as it is but McCarron can beat people with his arm if teams are loading up on the box to defend Richardson.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No bus throwing here... Just saying that when we're in the redzone, 3 passes in a row doesn't seem to be our best gameplan.... I'm sure we are guarding our playbook too.

AJ's touch will come, Bell's attempt in the endzone was great, ball was behind him & a little overthrown, but the rule is if you can touch it with your hands it should be a catch....

I'm putting Hanks picture on a milk carton, he's been MIA since coming back from the suspension.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should add that regarding my complaint about the play calling is for the redzone only. For the most part I agree with or I understand the reason for the play calling outside the redzone.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense overall - A
Pass defense - B
D-line - A
Linebackers - A+

I just gave the secondary a B because when Brantley was in the game, I'm not sure what was wrong, but he tore us up. That's just this game though, I think our secondary is definitely top 2 in the country.

Offense overall - A
Pass - B+
Rush - A+
Blocking A+

I give the passing a B+, because while AJ has a rocket launcher for an arm and manages the game and doesn't lose it for us, it still seemed like he sailed a lot of passes in this game. I'm counting on him getting that under control as the season goes along.

Special Teams overall - A
Kicking - B+
Return - A
Return blocking - A
Kick off coverage - A

I give the Kicking a B+ because like everyone else, I'm not impressed with the leg strength. I would really like to see it kicked at least inside the 5 if not the endzone.