• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade BQ's 2017 Draft

Grade BQ's Draft

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously no need for A on the poll

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C+ to B-. It will depend on how Tabor and Roberts turn out. Agnew and Golladay have been fantastic. Davis has been erratic but showing good potential. We got nothing on the back end this year in those last 2 rounds. Our UDFAs were better than them.

Roberts finally showed something this last game. Made a circus grab and blocked pretty well. Might make losing Ebron no big deal. Tabor has shown little so far though. I am thinking he may be too stupid to play at this level. Time will tell.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave a F for Fire Caldwell. Way too early for me to grade.

The kids in this draft need new teachers. Maybin just might develop better than Davis. I can’t second guess BQ too much at this point. I wanted someone different. Yes he could’ve had two RB’s people say, would they look this good in Detroit? Who knows? Re drafts are easy to make.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want defense as much as anybody. They need to get some guys in the trenches on both sides RB is a huge need, run game will help the D immensely.

BQ needs to pull the trigger on the right RB this draft. I will not care what round.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's shaping up to be rough.

Golladay has shown some flashes and gotten a decent amount of snaps. Not sure why he isn't a bigger part of each game plan.

Davis is up and down. He makes plays from time to time but just a shit ton of mental mistakes. Dude needs more time in the film room.

I haven't even really noticed that Tabor guy. Maybe he is providing good coverage and they aren't throwing to him? I know he isn't really making splash plays.

Has Maybin ever seen the field? Seems like we should be seeing him on the field by now.

Agnew and Roberts seem okay.

I'll give the dude a C for now. Depends on if Davis improves by the end of next year.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave a F for Fire Caldwell. Way too early for me to grade.

The kids in this draft need new teachers. Maybin just might develop better than Davis. I can’t second guess BQ too much at this point. I wanted someone different. Yes he could’ve had two RB’s people say, would they look this good in Detroit? Who knows? Re drafts are easy to make.

Caldwell is so trash. Does just enough to keep his job. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him at the start of next year, on the sidelines. Maybe fired mid next year but by then we will lose this season and next.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting the picks not the players

- Linebackers would probably look better if they had a better DLine protecting them. Its pretty hard to roam and make plays when you have to play clean up all the time, If we don't improve the pressure up front it doesn't matter who is playing LB. Round 1 is a fail should have drafted for need not luxury F.

- Corner takes awhile to get up to get up to NFL speed i'll give this pick a neutral score C.

- Wide Receiver he's been a pleasant surprise, Still wish we had gone RB in round 2 or 3 though B.

Going into the 2018 draft 1a DT, 1b RB, 1c DE

Free Agency

- Wish we had kept Reiff and Warford over the guys we brought in more for OLine continuity than anything and the guys we brought in weren't really upgrades C

- Released Levy about time A+

- Asiata paired with Riddick should be the starters at this point he should not be sitting at home D

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh kept Ngata F-

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave it a B, B-.

Round 1:
I disagree with @Stomp completely that Davis was a luxury pick. For years Lions gave up record breaking completion percentages because every team would just throw quick slants and out LB's could do nothing. Davis and Maybin have been inconsistent, but a massive upgrade over what we had. I think they have the potential the be very good and am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Round 2:
I am trying to be positive on Tabor, I remember Slay looked like he would never be good when he was a rookie as well. Slay at least had elite athleticism, Tabor lacks that. The fact that this is the guy BQ said he scouted more than any player before concerns me. This pick in my mind deserves the biggest ding of the draft
Round 3:
No complaints about Golladay, he has provided something that we have been missing for some time from out receivers. A consistent deep threat
Round 4:
I covered Maybin a bit on him earlier, I like this pick. Roberts was and still is a complete unknown to me, I hope to be pleasantly suprised.
Round 5:
Potential Pro Bowler in the 5th seems solid to me. Best returner we have had in some time
Round 6:
Hated this round, Ledbetter made the team, but on our weakest position and I don't see much there. I hate that we took another project QB. This feels like they did not draft for the team, but for the hopes that they could trade him later if he showed something in a few pre seasons
Round 7:
Meh

Overall I did not like the backend of the draft and wasting the 2nd round is terrible, but out of 9 picks they got 3 potential good starters and a very good return man. Not amazing, but better than anything we have seen out of the draft in a long time.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Asiata paired with Riddick should be the starters at this point he should not be sitting at home D

I like that whole post except the whole Asiata thing. He is a plodder.

We should be rolling with Tion Green or Zenner.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to tell IMO. I gave him a D but I'm also pissed off at the Lions. Ask me after a win and I may bump up to to a C+ or B-.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's shaping up to be rough.

Golladay has shown some flashes and gotten a decent amount of snaps. Not sure why he isn't a bigger part of each game plan.

Davis is up and down. He makes plays from time to time but just a shit ton of mental mistakes. Dude needs more time in the film room.

I haven't even really noticed that Tabor guy. Maybe he is providing good coverage and they aren't throwing to him? I know he isn't really making splash plays.

Hardly plays, hopefully he's a work in progress for the coming years.

Has Maybin ever seen the field? Seems like we should be seeing him on the field by now.

He's actually played a lot but hasn't made much of an impact yet.

Agnew and Roberts seem okay.

I'll give the dude a C for now. Depends on if Davis improves by the end of next year.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt consider resigning Caldwell in my grades or FA. That would lower it. FAs have been disappointing and well you guys know how I feel about Caldwell.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we grading on a Lions curve or straight-up? The difference is significant.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have chosen the Fire Caldwell choice if I just read more thoroughly.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It needs to be an A+ if he expects to win with Caldwell.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Tabor is in the league long.

Roberts, Maybin and Ledbetter are already more important than Don Carey. Who only has played STs this year. Davis has disappointed me so far, but he could still be a solid starter. Even though he will never be an impact player. Golladay gets another year before I really pass any judgement. He's tall, that's a good change of pace from the rest of his back and end friends.

Agnew has a couple punt returns for TDs. Which is nice. He has two kick returns over 20 yards. All season. He's tiny and I don't plan on him being around all that long. Of little consequence really. TJ Jones, Tate, Tiny Baby Hands... all could get two kick returns over twenty yards if they didn't have more important things to do, like know a playbook.

No excuse for not drafting pass rushers. It was painfully obvious last year that it was the team's worst flaw. And it still is.

But our linebackers were also terribad and three were drafted. Even though Tabor was technically a corner.

Atleast we didn't draft a punter, kicker or long snapper. Still drafted a kick returner who will do very little else. Slow learner that Dr. Quin.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Tabor is in the league long.

Roberts, Maybin and Ledbetter are already more important than Don Carey. Who only has played STs this year. Davis has disappointed me so far, but he could still be a solid starter. Even though he will never be an impact player. Golladay gets another year before I really pass any judgement. He's tall, that's a good change of pace from the rest of his back and end friends.

Agnew has a couple punt returns for TDs. Which is nice. He has two kick returns over 20 yards. All season. He's tiny and I don't plan on him being around all that long. Of little consequence really. TJ Jones, Tate, Tiny Baby Hands... all could get two kick returns over twenty yards if they didn't have more important things to do, like know a playbook.

No excuse for not drafting pass rushers. It was painfully obvious last year that it was the team's worst flaw. And it still is.

But our linebackers were also terribad and three were drafted. Even though Tabor was technically a corner.

Atleast we didn't draft a punter, kicker or long snapper. Still drafted a kick returner who will do very little else. Slow learner that Dr. Quin.

Are you drunk posting again Smitty?

Agnew only has a couple punt returns for TDs? Really? How many other guys in the league have more than 1? He also averages 18 yard per KR which is not much less than most. He is ranked the best in the league and you are complaining.

Golladay is just tall? Feel free to give us the list of WRs that average over 20 yards a catch. Its pretty small.

The rest have not been good I agree, although Davis is definitely starter material. He may need to move to WLB though.

I think the coaches overrated both Ziggy and Zettle and thats why we did not get a DE. I never trust guys with Z's in their names. They are always over rated.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquise Goodwin
TY Hilton
Marvin Jones
Sammy Watkins
Robby Anderson
Brandin Cooks
JJ Nelson
Travis Benjamin
Jeron Brown
Paul Richardson
Tyrell Williams.

That's the Top Ten in YPC. Kenny Golladay and his 15 receptions disqualify him from mattering to anyone outside Detroit. He's caught more than two passes once.

Huge mistake not moving Ziggy at the draft. Cemented this season not amounting to anything. No team can win against more than bottom feeders consistently without a solid pass rush.

I said Agnews TDs were nice. I just don't really care about a munchkin that only returns kicks. Even if he's good at it. Well, good at punts. He's ranked 29th in kick returns. And he's missed games. I'm not going to bother getting attached. Don't dislike him, just don't really care. He seldom is on the field.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the Top Ten in YPC. Kenny Golladay and his 15 receptions disqualify him from mattering to anyone outside Detroit. He's caught more than two passes once.

That is what I am wondering. He is making plays. I don't understand why Stafford isn't targeting him more or JBC, running more plays for him?