• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade BQ's 2017 Draft

Grade BQ's Draft

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I am wondering. He is making plays. I don't understand why Stafford isn't targeting him more or JBC, running more plays for him?
He has missed 5 games. And missed a lot of practice on the weeks he does play.

All the other options for Staff have years of expierience with him.

If he can stay healthy his future could be bright. Maybe next year?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I am wondering. He is making plays. I don't understand why Stafford isn't targeting him more or JBC, running more plays for him?

The o-line does not give us time for a lot of deep plays. Supposedly that is suppose to change this week according to the coaches. Not sure what they plan to do. I have my doubts it will be successful. We will see.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that only 2018 is gaurenteed with caldwells extension. This is awesome news

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell is so trash. Does just enough to keep his job. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him at the start of next year, on the sidelines. Maybe fired mid next year but by then we will lose this season and next.

Read that story earlier about his contract extension has clauses in favor of BQ. So hoping...

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted a hopeful C+.

If graded by production so far I would give him a D. If these guys develop our defense will have a solid core, but that is a big IF. Quinn drafted LB which was our biggest defensive hole last year and he should get credit for that.

Not addressing the RB spot to add a bigger, prototypical, every-down back is a fireable offense. Not thinking that Bloaty Ngata was going to get injured was a huge mistake. One of those 2,3,4,4 round picks could have been a DT.

Below are what I think of the idea of the pick + how the pick has performed.

Jarrad Davis
A-
He is a tackling machine who loves to play the game. They drafted a position that was desperately needed. He looks lost in pass defense but we need to give him some time considering that he had to learn the entire defensive scheme, 13 opposing offenses, and our DL is trash. I think he will take a huge step forward to anchor the middle of the field (like he did at Florida) next season. The OBJ block in the back and ensuing concussion didn’t help his development.

Teez Tabor
D
The jury is still out since nobody has seen Tabor much on Sundays. A stud RB or DL talent would have made a much more immediate impact. Tabor missed a huge chance at a sack against Minnesota. Otherwise I don’t remember him playing. I hope we see the hard-nosed playmaker emerge next season.

Trading Back in Rd3 with Kareem Hunt just sitting there.
F

Kenny G
A
Big guy with good speed and amazing hands. He already has more clutch-time catches than CJ ever did. The diving TD catch in wk-1 was something other team’s players do, not our players.
He is a playmaker. Not the most necessary position, but it will pay dividends when Tate or Marvin Jones leave.

Jalen Reeves Maybin
C+
I loved the “good against the pass” scouting report for this guy. I think he has underwhelmed for sure. TE’s have killed the Lions my whole life. I hold out hope that if we fix the pass rush and he gets some experience he will begin making huge plays.

Michael Roberts
F
Not impressed yet. Not at all. He is big but doesn’t block well. He is slow for a TE. He has a lot of drops. He is not a redzone target like he was in college.

Jamal Agnew
A+

Jeremiah Ledbedder
C-
He is contributing, but that is mostly because the DE’s are putrid.

Kaaya and the rest are not woth any more individual analysis.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarrad Davis
A-
He is a tackling machine who loves to play the game. They drafted a position that was desperately needed. He looks lost in pass defense but we need to give him some time considering that he had to learn the entire defensive scheme, 13 opposing offenses, and our DL is trash. I think he will take a huge step forward to anchor the middle of the field (like he did at Florida) next season. The OBJ block in the back and ensuing concussion didn’t help his development.

I need to see a big jump from him next year. He will make a splash play from time to time but definitely looks lost. I'm hoping the game slows down for him but I've seen tiny, 3rd down backs shake off his over agressive tackles which is scary to me.

Teez Tabor
D
The jury is still out since nobody has seen Tabor much on Sundays. A stud RB or DL talent would have made a much more immediate impact. Tabor missed a huge chance at a sack against Minnesota. Otherwise I don’t remember him playing. I hope we see the hard-nosed playmaker emerge next season.

Have to agree. Very Millensque to waste a valuable 2nd round pick on a CB that run a 4.6+ 40. Running over 4.5 is a kiss of death for an NFL corner, let alone 4.6. Most linebackers run faster than him.

Kenny G
A
Big guy with good speed and amazing hands. He already has more clutch-time catches than CJ ever did.

More clutch catches than CJ? :susp:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted a hopeful C+.

If graded by production so far I would give him a D. If these guys develop our defense will have a solid core, but that is a big IF. Quinn drafted LB which was our biggest defensive hole last year and he should get credit for that.

Not addressing the RB spot to add a bigger, prototypical, every-down back is a fireable offense. Not thinking that Bloaty Ngata was going to get injured was a huge mistake. One of those 2,3,4,4 round picks could have been a DT.

Below are what I think of the idea of the pick + how the pick has performed.

Jarrad Davis
A-

Teez Tabor
D

Trading Back in Rd3 with Kareem Hunt just sitting there.
F

Kenny G
A
Big guy with good speed and amazing hands. He already has more clutch-time catches than CJ ever did. The diving TD catch in wk-1 was something other team’s players do, not our players.
He is a playmaker. Not the most necessary position, but it will pay dividends when Tate or Marvin Jones leave.

Jalen Reeves Maybin
C+
I loved the “good against the pass” scouting report for this guy. I think he has underwhelmed for sure. TE’s have killed the Lions my whole life. I hold out hope that if we fix the pass rush and he gets some experience he will begin making huge plays.

Michael Roberts
F
Not impressed yet. Not at all. He is big but doesn’t block well. He is slow for a TE. He has a lot of drops. He is not a redzone target like he was in college.

Jamal Agnew
A+

Jeremiah Ledbedder
C-
He is contributing, but that is mostly because the DE’s are putrid.

Kaaya and the rest are not woth any more individual analysis.

It boggles my mind that my draft ended up being better than his. We could have easily picked Hunt and traded away our 4th and 5th to trade up and get Kenny G later in the 3rd or earlier in the 4th. I also had a DT late in the draft and for reason he took a QB. We are so thin at DT now we have some guy (Ringo) off the street in our rotation. Apparently no one could locate Andre Fluellen. His whereabouts are still currently unknown.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave BQ a C-, and it's only that high because of Golladay and Agnew. Davis shows some flashes, but overall for a first round pick? Kinda 'meh' to me. 2nd round was a bust. Also, we were going into the season with two scat-backs and the worst running game in the league. This was a great RB draft, there were multiple players who were better north-south runners than our top two guys, and he passed on all of them. Cardinal sin, IMO. Also addressed D-line way too late.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More clutch catches than CJ? :susp:

That statement was a bit of hyperbole, but let me explain.

CJ made a tough catch over two defenders against Dallas to win a game. He made a hundred deep 50/50 catches, fades, and catches that big WRs are supposed to make.

On the other hand...

The winning TD catch at Seattle (fumbled into the endzone)
A game winning drive against the Bucs (he let the ball bounce away for a INT)
The catch rule play against Chicago (he caught it, but in lions fashion he did something wrong to open up the door of doubt)
A diving catch against (Phily?). Very similar to the Golladay diving catch, but CJ didn’t control it.

I just don’t remember huge, game-altering plays made compared to the immense production he did have.