• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Grab the coffee, the Rangers start a west coast stretch in Anaheim - Apr 11-13

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dyson has stunk but JJ has given up runs in just about every inning he has pitched as a Ranger. Don't get me wrong Dyson needs to be removed from the closer role but Jeffress doesnt need to be the guy they go to. Bush hasn't been good either, the bullpen is a mess right now. Maybe they need to call Kela up and see if he has a fire lit under his ass!

I'd give him a shot. I would've made the switch after Dyson picked up his second loss. Jeffress couldn't do much worse than what we've been subjected to already and making Jeffress the closer would be easier because you could still keep Bush in the hardest role which is 8th inning / put out the fire in late innings. If you moved Bush to closer, who would take over Bush's current job? I honestly don't think Barnett has the kind of stuff you need to do Bush's role.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad we gave up more in the Lucroy trade to get Jeffress, cause he's been pretty terrible so far as a Ranger
That is the worst part of that trade. Like you said earlier though, in hindsight the whole trade is going to be bad.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give him a shot. I would've made the switch after Dyson picked up his second loss. Jeffress couldn't do much worse than what we've been subjected to already and making Jeffress the closer would be easier because you could still keep Bush in the hardest role which is 8th inning / put out the fire in late innings. If you moved Bush to closer, who would take over Bush's current job? I honestly don't think Barnett has the kind of stuff you need to do Bush's role.

The whole BP is a crapshoot, and a damn mess! IDK what they should do but the guys in their positions need to fucking execute!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kela could close.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the worst part of that trade. Like you said earlier though, in hindsight the whole trade is going to be bad.

Hope that trade isn't worse than some of the others, but it may very well be

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope that trade isn't worse than some of the others, but it may very well be
On the other hand, when it got time to bring up Brinson and Cordell Banny would just make them a part of a multi player platoon and cause them to hit abut as good as our three headed platoon in left has hit.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, when it got time to bring up Brinson and Cordell Banny would just make them a part of a multi player platoon and cause them to hit abut as good as our three headed platoon in left has hit.

No shit...... rooster always seems to pick the wrong guy to play in the 3 headed platoon. Look at how bad Rua did tonight. He's not letting any of them get into a rhythm, and like I already said he seems to have this uncanny ability to pick the one that would play the worst on that particular day.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kela could close.

Closers may need to be a lonely breed like Kela. Regardless a guy with dominated strikeout stuff would be good.

Still I do t mind situational guys until then leaving Bush for high leverage situations 7th 8th or 9th

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Brinson was the guy I hated to lose as it is good to have a potential unicorn in CF.

i like Gomez defensively and he has tools for a complet player but the inconsistency is the minus. I could live with that if we had solid players in corners. Mazara is perfect but LF is still lacking. Not sure I am impressed with any arm including Rua. Will have to watch more

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW. What a beating last night. Asleep peacefully with a 5 run lead. At least this is early.

Not so sure Dyson had his sinker in WBC. Have to think comp is not nearly as good. Spring training is a time to develop pitches for season and not sure that happened for Dyson. If not then that is a shame

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel asleep and wake up to see the final two hits and a loss.

Then I hear Raymond say, "You've gotta really feel bad for Dyson right now" and I turned off the set. So this morning I open up the box score, check here to see Sam has folded tent, yet again.

I feel sorry for the team he's letting down, not so much for silly Sam.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Given the litany of injuries and illnesses Adrian Beltre has overcome and played through in his career, it is commonplace to say the third baseman knows his body better than anybody else. Rangers manager Jeff Banister, for example, said it again Tuesday.

Which, in this case, isn't necessarily a good thing.

Banister was speaking about 30 minutes after Beltre acknowledged a setback in his right calf that, in Beltre-speak, sounded downright ominous. Beltre said he felt a twinge in his right calf during a Saturday workout that was in a different spot than the injury he's been treating for the last two weeks. An MRI revealed a Grade 1 strain higher up in the calf than the previous injury. If you are scoring at home, that's three different calf injuries since mid-February.

This was Beltre's description: "It's not just tightness. I have tightness all over my body and deal with it. I felt something in there that wasn't right."

The Rangers plan to treat the strain "conservatively," which, even in the case of Beltre, means that he will likely be down another two weeks. They might be lucky if he's active on Adrian Beltre dancing legs bobblehead night April 29.

So, for now, third base remains Joey Gallo's domain. He had a fine week with a pair of home runs, including one against a lefty, and his first ever hit after falling behind 0-2 in a count. These are significant developments. Banister has talked repeatedly about the level of comfort and confidence Gallo has displayed in the clubhouse and on the field.

But the playing time situation in Beltre's absence is significant, too. On whatever short samples the Rangers have, they believe Gallo, a left-handed hitter, is a better option against left-handed pitching than Jurickson Profar. Gallo was in the lineup, albeit hitting ninth, Tuesday against Los Angeles lefty Tyler Skaggs. It was his second straight start against lefties.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so irritated I probably won't watch tonight. Definitely not for the whole game. No sense in losing sleep to wake up pissed off.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so irritated I probably won't watch tonight. Definitely not for the whole game. No sense in losing sleep to wake up pissed off.

Right there with you. I love this team, but shit man... games last night are a kick in the balls.

Woke up this morning wondering... when was the last time we had a reliable, year-to-year closer? The name that popped into my head was John Wetteland... has it been THAT long, or is my memory failing me?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right there with you. I love this team, but shit man... games last night are a kick in the balls.

Woke up this morning wondering... when was the last time we had a reliable, year-to-year closer? The name that popped into my head was John Wetteland... has it been THAT long, or is my memory failing me?

Joe Nathan was solid for a couple years.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 2010 and 2011 Feliz was about the best we have had over a 2 year stretch since Wetteland. The 2004 and 2005 Cordero was pretty good as well.

Last edited: