• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gotta be ready for a morning game this Saturday guys...

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame - Navy

11:30 AM EST
CBS

Be ready for this game I actually think we could win... Defense has been playing a lot better. Time to get ready for the Triple Option Offense of Navy.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be there live. Taking my boys and going to meet my parents up there.

I think we have shown an ability to stop the run. I hope that they dust off Bob Elliot's game plan for stopping the triple option from last year, it seemed to work well in both games.

Also, if BK can take his head out of his ass long enough to realize that South Freaking Florida ran all over Navy, that he should do the same.

What worries me is the mental collapses for large stretches of the game. Even if we jumped out to a big lead ala South Florida, Navy won't quit. We can expect their best game of the year.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be there live. Taking my boys and going to meet my parents up there.

I think we have shown an ability to stop the run. I hope that they dust off Bob Elliot's game plan for stopping the triple option from last year, it seemed to work well in both games.

Also, if BK can take his head out of his ass long enough to realize that South Freaking Florida ran all over Navy, that he should do the same.

What worries me is the mental collapses for large stretches of the game. Even if we jumped out to a big lead ala South Florida, Navy won't quit. We can expect their best game of the year.
Have fun at the game! And gotta remember that Navy beat Houston... however Houston is looking really bad now (losing to Navy and SMU) But yeah Navy will def. show up like they usually do against Notre Dame.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have fun at the game! And gotta remember that Navy beat Houston... however Houston is looking really bad now (losing to Navy and SMU) But yeah Navy will def. show up like they usually do against Notre Dame.
Yes, they beat Houston and until last week were ranked, but I think they started pretty slow this year.

My concern is, our secondary has not faced the triple option, and it takes a lot of discipline and gasp sound tackling to beat such an offense.

I think if Jarron Jones can be as disruptive as he was against Miami, they'll have a hard time giving it to the dive back. We have enough speed at the edges to take away the pitch options (again, if they play disciplined).

Our offense has to be mistake free and needs to score on pretty much every possession.

Navy (and Army) are the only games where I'd want the ball first, its important to have and maintain a lead.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they beat Houston and until last week were ranked, but I think they started pretty slow this year.

My concern is, our secondary has not faced the triple option, and it takes a lot of discipline and gasp sound tackling to beat such an offense.

I think if Jarron Jones can be as disruptive as he was against Miami, they'll have a hard time giving it to the dive back. We have enough speed at the edges to take away the pitch options (again, if they play disciplined).

Our offense has to be mistake free and needs to score on pretty much every possession.

Navy (and Army) are the only games where I'd want the ball first, its important to have and maintain a lead.
Im worried about our LBs. Our LBs dont have much experience with the Triple option. last year we had 2 smart LBs who was use to it Schmidt and Smith.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame - Navy

11:30 AM EST
CBS

Be ready for this game I actually think we could win... Defense has been playing a lot better. Time to get ready for the Triple Option Offense of Navy.

We could have (should have) won all our games this year. The fact that we should beat navy means nothing. Hopefully the size and athleticism of our wide outs will be too much for them. But this could be a high scoring game. Hopefully a simplified defensive scheme with superior athletes will allow us to shut them down.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im worried about our LBs. Our LBs dont have much experience with the Triple option. last year we had 2 smart LBs who was use to it Schmidt and Smith.
Greer Martini played a lot last year against Ga. Tech and Navy and was a standout in both games. Onuwalu is experienced enough. And Tranquill up until he got hurt was absolutely blowing up Ga Tech. Our corners are more of a liability due to their lack of experience.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense should not be a problem in this one.