• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Ringer article on the Seahawks' start

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, I mean I'm cautiously optimistic Jake... This can all go south very quickly... it's a high at the moment for Seattle, but things can drastically change in roughly 24 hours (Broncos game is going to be a huge game in terms of draft capital I believe, because if the Broncos lose they may be in sell mode).

I nowhere near predicted us to be leading the division by week 8... but we've had a pretty easy schedule with all the injuries and low coached teams... and now the Giants are beat up all over their line... I'll take all the wins we can get, but I'm biting my lip on whether or not this team is playoff bound let alone drafting in the teens with our pick.....

Need to stay humble, is my point.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humble? You?!? Lol!
(jk)

I predicted 6 to 8 wins this year and I thought I might be on the optimistic side. I liked the draft but their performances are beyond anything I could have imagined at this point.......and I thought Geno was going to be a trainwreck of mediocre and conservative play.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My expectations was for Seattle to have a sub 500 ( 7-8 wins) season. I am just going to enjoy the ride.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love, love the article. Labeling the Seahawks as "plucky upstarts" is perfect. It's looking like the Seahawks crushed the draft this season.

An incredible draft and how in the heck has Geno turned into a top QB? I admit I keep expecting him to come back to earth, but how great has it been watching him play? His footwork in the pocket is fantastic and a huge help for the OL. Man if RW could of ever come close to the same level of footwork, he would of been so much better.

Hope everyone reads the article.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted 8 wins and feel like a smuck for under estimating the team.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humble? You?!? Lol!
(jk)

I predicted 6 to 8 wins this year and I thought I might be on the optimistic side. I liked the draft but their performances are beyond anything I could have imagined at this point.......and I thought Geno was going to be a trainwreck of mediocre and conservative play.

Bitch, my reverse jinx karma over the last several years has easily resulted in anywhere from 1 to 50 wins. This has been a valuable asset on the team site and to Seattle. I generally fly (yah pun intended I'm going there) under the radar, but fly confidently knowing my work is done. Yah sharks can also fly:

Seattle will lose against the Giants in horrible fashion. Jones is going to tear us apart with Barkley and Seattle will look past this game. Seattle loses 27-24 and Walker suffers a hamstring injury....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Were the Seahawks “right” about Wilson?​

Schlereth, like seemingly most in Denver, was excited about Wilson coming to lead the Broncos’ offense. But with Denver at 2-5 and Wilson struggling both on the field and with injuries, his eyes are now open to why head coach Pete Carroll’s Seahawks may have been willing to move on from their previous franchise QB.

“It just goes to show you that maybe they weren’t necessarily winning strictly because of Russ,” Schlereth said of the Seahawks, “(but) they were really winning because of the way that Russ was managed and the way that Pete Carroll said ‘We’re gonna run our offense the way I want to run our offense.’ Here in Denver, it’s like they’ve give given him the green light to do whatever he wants, change any plays, run everything out of shotgun, not run the ball, and it has been worse than horrific. It’s been as bad as it could possibly be up to this point. So, you know, Seattle 1, Stink 0. That’s the way it feels right now.”

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Were the Seahawks “right” about Wilson?​

Schlereth, like seemingly most in Denver, was excited about Wilson coming to lead the Broncos’ offense. But with Denver at 2-5 and Wilson struggling both on the field and with injuries, his eyes are now open to why head coach Pete Carroll’s Seahawks may have been willing to move on from their previous franchise QB.

“It just goes to show you that maybe they weren’t necessarily winning strictly because of Russ,” Schlereth said of the Seahawks, “(but) they were really winning because of the way that Russ was managed and the way that Pete Carroll said ‘We’re gonna run our offense the way I want to run our offense.’ Here in Denver, it’s like they’ve give given him the green light to do whatever he wants, change any plays, run everything out of shotgun, not run the ball, and it has been worse than horrific. It’s been as bad as it could possibly be up to this point. So, you know, Seattle 1, Stink 0. That’s the way it feels right now.”

Harold stfu, Geno is about to show his true colors... we're losing this game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll happily admit I was wrong about this team so far. Picked them to finish 5-12 this year.

I will counter on this that at least - so far - I was right that they really nailed this draft class.

The matchup should be interesting as the Giants blitz more than any other team in the league and the Cardinals had a lot of success stopping Geno when running blitz plays.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very happy that I was wrong about the team. I wasn't willing to believe that the team could effectively draft still, given how poorly they have done over the past few years, and I certainly didn't expect Geno to play this well. Geno and the play of the OL have been the real shockers for me.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope this order holds ( or improves for the Seahawks)

1667087417007.png

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Woolen was going to be a stud I had my doubts about Cross and Walker only because Cross is a grabber and Walker's power wasn't great but everyone was talking about his power and what i saw was a man that was a jitterbug not a power runner at the NFL level. .There is a difference when you are pounding into 215-225 pound Linebackers in college and 240-265 pound Linebackers in the pros that are just as fast as those smaller guys. I was amazingly happy to see him use his side to side quickness instead of trying to run people over.