• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good News for Latimer and Lynch

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you need to look into why you take a difference of opinion so personally.

Not taking it personally. Just voicing my thoughts on this based on more than just a thought but based on outside information combined with what I see.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why this is funny? I'm sorry that I believe my sources combined with the fact that every team for the most part has operated in this exact way that I am speaking towards. As big of an ego as Elway has that he knows best in most situations these coaches have that same ego. It is why the HC is hired first then we see Coordinators that fit what they are looking for.

And Elway again goes to his coaching staff for information and advice all the time. He did with Fox and we saw that with Kubiak. Part of why he wanted to hire Kubiak was because he was a guy that Elway could trust not to just be a yes man on everything but that they could have honest conversations with each other. Doesn't mean it always went well and this year I think with Kubiak's health issues he wasn't as connected to the team and what was going on. Things that were not happening last year were happening this year that Kubiak didn't even know about. His own coaching staffs were fighting among each other and that carried over into the players. Again a big reason that Joseph was brought in is to clean that up and be that voice that when he speaks the team listens.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listen to elways interview on 1043

Podcast Player - KKFN

Really good interview. The entire segment really shined on just why this switch was so important. So much went wrong this year that not everybody realizes was going on behind the scenes. The fact that we went 9-7 with such a divided locker room and coaching staff just shows the talent this team does have.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why this is funny? I'm sorry that I believe my sources combined with the fact that every team for the most part has operated in this exact way that I am speaking towards. As big of an ego as Elway has that he knows best in most situations these coaches have that same ego. It is why the HC is hired first then we see Coordinators that fit what they are looking for.

And Elway again goes to his coaching staff for information and advice all the time. He did with Fox and we saw that with Kubiak. Part of why he wanted to hire Kubiak was because he was a guy that Elway could trust not to just be a yes man on everything but that they could have honest conversations with each other. Doesn't mean it always went well and this year I think with Kubiak's health issues he wasn't as connected to the team and what was going on. Things that were not happening last year were happening this year that Kubiak didn't even know about. His own coaching staffs were fighting among each other and that carried over into the players. Again a big reason that Joseph was brought in is to clean that up and be that voice that when he speaks the team listens.

This fairy tale is very important to you - that's what is funny to me. Carpet bomb me with some more meaningless observations.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fairy tale is very important to you - that's what is funny to me. Carpet bomb me with some more meaningless observations.
Sorry I have a differing opinion? We obviously don't see eye to eye on this and that is fine. I've voiced my thoughts. No need to tear each other down over a conversation.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I have a differing opinion? We obviously don't see eye to eye on this and that is fine. I've voiced my thoughts. No need to tear each other down over a conversation.

I certainly agree with this.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One could say the same of you my long time friend, only your's are without outside sources... Just your hunches.

After reading this thread, I:

1. Dont think CD is taking things personally, or was offended.

2. Think you're acting weird. Like, never before seen kind of weird.

Other than that, I now return you to your regularly scheduled rants and ravings. ;)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One could say the same of you my long time friend, only your's are without outside sources... Just your hunches.

Other than that, I now return you to your regularly scheduled rants and ravings. ;)
Maybe he's tired of the butt kissing . Don't remember you being invited to their conversation.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me break it down for you my friend.

The Broncos are attributing a lot more than meets the eye to Vance Joseph's hiring of the coaching staff. The only problem is JE sat in on the interviews of prospective staff. I have a simple theory that since JE did not do this with Fox or Kubkiak - and he just hired the new coach with no experience - to run a team that will cater to the talent on the roster - and since JE is the one who best knows the talent on the roster - and since JE out ranks VJ in the interviews - I find it very likely in any real world scenario known to my experience - that John Elway's choices represent the coaching staff that was hired. Miraculously - all the hires are known to Elway from past association, but not to Vance Joseph as a teammate or member of the same staff (also a tell in this game). Time to turn in your trench coat detective.

Vance Joseph may in fact be a great leader - in this case he followed JE's lead. Not surprising - in order to be a great leader you have also be a great follower -as everyone has a boss. I believe John Elway does respect Vance Joseph, but that he is mentoring the lad on how to be the head coach JE wants him to be. What has happened thus far shows no evidence of Vance Joseph's autonomy - no real evidence of his leadership and may create problems with the staff John Elway obviously hired.

I sent CD an note this AM apologizing for not being respectful. He was gracious in return.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo and I are good. We are both just passionate fans and respect each other in part because of that. Honestly I don't think he and I are saying too much different. We are just a bit different on our views of how much say Vance Joseph has but it isn't like we are far off. We both agree that Elway with this hire wanted a bigger voice and to be able to be a bit more hands on with the entire team. At this point I don't think that is a bad thing. He has gained plenty of experience and has shown incredible competency when it comes to being a GM. And really so far his HC hires have done well with winning the division and both making it to the Super Bowl so not only do I trust him in hiring Vance Joseph but also being a voice when it comes to who to bring in for the Coordinator positions.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he's tired of the butt kissing . Don't remember you being invited to their conversation.

And I don't recall inviting you to mine. But since you're here...

1. Ming and I (and a few others) go back literally decades. So that's why I called him out for acting "weird".
2. He's called me out for being a jerk as well, and others have commented (jokingly) about his turn recently.
3. Nowhere in my calling him out was I as rude, or just plain assholish as you've been over the past few months to CD and others. I'd call you out on that as well, but I think others have done a good enough job already.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great.
And I don't recall inviting you to mine. But since you're here...

1. Ming and I (and a few others) go back literally decades. So that's why I called him out for acting "weird".
2. He's called me out for being a jerk as well, and others have commented (jokingly) about his turn recently.
3. Nowhere in my calling him out was I as rude, or just plain assholish as you've been over the past few months to CD and others. I'd call you out on that as well, but I think others have done a good enough job already.
Typical. Did I hurt your feelings honey ? :)

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me break it down for you my friend.

The Broncos are attributing a lot more than meets the eye to Vance Joseph's hiring of the coaching staff. The only problem is JE sat in on the interviews of prospective staff. I have a simple theory that since JE did not do this with Fox or Kubkiak - and he just hired the new coach with no experience - to run a team that will cater to the talent on the roster - and since JE is the one who best knows the talent on the roster - and since JE out ranks VJ in the interviews - I find it very likely in any real world scenario known to my experience - that John Elway's choices represent the coaching staff that was hired. Miraculously - all the hires are known to Elway from past association, but not to Vance Joseph as a teammate or member of the same staff (also a tell in this game). Time to turn in your trench coat detective.

Vance Joseph may in fact be a great leader - in this case he followed JE's lead. Not surprising - in order to be a great leader you have also be a great follower -as everyone has a boss. I believe John Elway does respect Vance Joseph, but that he is mentoring the lad on how to be the head coach JE wants him to be. What has happened thus far shows no evidence of Vance Joseph's autonomy - no real evidence of his leadership and may create problems with the staff John Elway obviously hired.

I sent CD an note this AM apologizing for not being respectful. He was gracious in return.

I never claimed to have a trench coat, nor did I apparently get the secret agent decoder ring in my crackerjacks. ;) I was simply stating that I thought your response to CD was out of character, which after reflection I think you agreed. But that's neither here nor there.

I was in earlier posts stating that McCoy was a package deal (in news reports outside of Dove Valley), and that Wood was the obvious DC given the interest in him outside Denver, as well as his history with Vance.

Beyond that, I agree that it's interesting that Elway would have input as to who the position coaches were, or maybe as much input as he's had. Of course, that could also be the side effect of hiring a HC that was wet behind the ears event at the Coordinator level, and just didn't have the history (or relationships) to draw from once elevated to HC. I can also see that with Woods being elevated to DC.

I do think that Elway feels the coaching staff was the "weak link" this year; Kubiak's health, Wade's apparent "us vs. them" comments to the team and divisive statements , etc. I'm hoping that like the roster, he builds a staff that sets us up for superbowl runs long into the future.

Now, here's hoping he does something about the talent evaluators after this year's draft, assuming they stay true to form and blow more picks than they make. :)

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3