• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goldschmidt will be named MVP Thursday.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% disagree McCutcheon was equally deserving. In my opinion, he's not even close. They need to just change the name of the award to "MVP of a post-season team" because that's what it is.

The D-backs without Goldy probably only have more wins this year than the Astros. The Pirates are still a good team without McCutcheon.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% disagree McCutcheon was equally deserving. In my opinion, he's not even close. They need to just change the name of the award to "MVP of a post-season team" because that's what it is.

The D-backs without Goldy probably only have more wins this year than the Astros. The Pirates are still a good team without McCutcheon.

And next year when Stanton gets the MVP over Goldschmidt with better numbers, even though the Marlins still suck and the Dbacks are in the playoffs, would you be ok with that?

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And next year when Stanton gets the MVP over Goldschmidt with better numbers, even though the Marlins still suck and the Dbacks are in the playoffs, would you be ok with that?

Won't matter...Stanton will be playing for the dbacks!:yahoo:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Diamondbacks were nowhere near the Marlins level this year. Sure, they finished .500, but they were in first place for the first half of the season and still in the playoff race until the final 2 weeks of the season. Goldy still played in meaningful games wether they made the playoffs or not.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldy led all 1B in SB by quite a bit. It's not even what he's supposed to do at that position either so that's not fair.

Eric Hosmer says hello? for fantasy purposes anyway.

but AL I know.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldy is also the clutchest hitter in the game all his walk off homers. Also is a nice guy, and is a perfect cornerstone player. Our future is bright bitches as long as we have Goldy!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait so LA fans think they have a better player than Goldy? Strange because I didnt see many votes for them?

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhm, Goldy had 15 SB and Hosmer had 11.

4 isn't "quite a bit"....don't get me wrong, I really like Goldy....and have to admit when he first came up, he was striking out a ton and struck out a bunch in the minors....I actually thought he would be more like Chris Davis and Justin Smoak...

I just want to say "I was completely wrong about Goldy" (so far) and not many people on these or any boards for that matter every say they were wrong, lol....the guy really and utterly blew me away this year and I was an idiot who passed over him in both my dynasty leagues and he went very late...but hey..I promise to be wrong again..but I was correct about Carpenter, Hosmer and Kole Calhoun...so :doh: (no tongue out guy wtf?)

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always admired Paul Goldschmidt. He could certainly have been this year's NL MVP, but was treated the same as Matt Kemp in 2011 and many others over the years, I.e., it's tough to win the MVP when your team doesn't make the playoffs.

I have a feeling that Goldschmidt will win a couple before his career is over.