• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GNT | Isles @ Pens | 1.29.13

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
hmmm only one guy bet on the Isles... :D

on the plus side, I didn't specifically take the Pens, I too the over.
didn't think it would be within reach this way though!!!

and Fleury has fucked my stats.
Malkin can still get a garbage goal for survivor

/lookin' on the bright side

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep your stick on the ice, Kunitz!

Seriously

He's played some of the worst hockey I've ever seen from him these first two weeks. He looks unprepared, and is making stupid mistakes, like that last one

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of many guys who are playing well. Of the top of my head, none come to mind.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Strait has looked good tonight for the Isles. Still don't like that decision by management to try and force him through waivers. They could've sent Despres down without the risk of losing him, and kept Strait. He has done a hell of a job shutting Pittsburgh down tonight.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look on the bright side Tangradi didn't suck tonight!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Strait has looked good tonight for the Isles. Still don't like that decision by management to try and force him through waivers. They could've sent Despres down without the risk of losing him, and kept Strait. He has done a hell of a job shutting Pittsburgh down tonight.

They must like Bortuzzo better?

Yeah he looked good tonight and maybe it was to show his old team up but is a good 6th/7th d-man.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They must like Bortuzzo better?

Yeah he looked good tonight and maybe it was to show his old team up but is a good 6th/7th d-man.

That is his place. No doubt about it. Still, Strait might have been more valuable to them this year than a guy like Engelland, or even Lovejoy.

And with Bortuzzo.. I guess they really don't want to risk losing him through waivers, so they are content to sit him in the press box. With Lovejoy getting his bell rung tonight, and Niskanen out, Bortuzzo might get a shot on Thursday.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't get how this team continues to show up not ready to play on a nightly basis.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is his place. No doubt about it. Still, Strait might have been more valuable to them this year than a guy like Engelland, or even Lovejoy. .

You think? I never saw much from Strait.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Bolts&Isles will be happy. NY outplayed them from the drop of the puck tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is his place. No doubt about it. Still, Strait might have been more valuable to them this year than a guy like Engelland, or even Lovejoy.

And with Bortuzzo.. I guess they really don't want to risk losing him through waivers, so they are content to sit him in the press box. With Lovejoy getting his bell rung tonight, and Niskanen out, Bortuzzo might get a shot on Thursday.

Strait and Bortuzzo was not good roster management prior to the season to have 2 d-men tied up like that and to let Strait go for nothing.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think? I never saw much from Strait.

I thought he had a better night than either lovejoy and Engelland tonight. And since end of last season, I haven't liked much of what either of those two are bringing to the table.

I really felt the Pens never gave Strait enough time and opportunity to show his abilities. He had a handful of spot starts, but never an extended look.

It is kind of irrelevant considering he's just a 6th D-man, but are Lovejoy and Engelland any better?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he had a better night than either lovejoy and Engelland tonight. And since end of last season, I haven't liked much of what either of those two are bringing to the table.

I really felt the Pens never gave Strait enough time and opportunity to show his abilities. He had a handful of spot starts, but never an extended look.

Yea, tonight he was solid.

I definitely agree he never got a chance. Seems like the organization has been unwilling to give anyone from their farm system a look recently, unless it is out of necessity. Not sure if that speaks poorly on the players or management/coaching.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was unbelievably shitty.

Kunitz has really taken a nosedive. Dupuis is just Dupuis. How many times has Crosby dished to one of those guys on the rush, and all they can manage is a shitty shot from distance. No playmaking ability from either one, you know what's going to happen every time. It's depressing.

The powerplay. Yi-ikes. How do they practice? Against pylons? How do they think they can get away with just standing still the whole time? Blows my mind how bad our powerplay can be at times.

Defense and slapshots. How fucking long do you need to wind up? Why don't you let them get more shotblockers in the lane? And enough with the bank shots or slap passes, just get that shit on net.

Finally, Sutter. He's not bad, but after all the hype, he's no Staal. We are definitely missing an offensive option after Crosby, Malkin and Neal.

Only three players looked good to me tonight, all relative to expectations: Jeffrey (should get a regular spot over Tangradi from here on out), Despres (deserves to play) and Kennedy (some actual creativity from one of our wingers? shocked).

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is kind of irrelevant considering he's just a 6th D-man, but are Lovejoy and Engelland any better?

Engelland I believe yes, Lovejoy probably not.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, Sutter. He's not bad, but after all the hype, he's no Staal. We are definitely missing an offensive option after Crosby, Malkin and Neal.

Agree, I've barely noticed Sutter in any way on the ice. I'm not sure, but I had the impression he was more physical than he has shown this year.