• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give Me Your Top 10 QBs For This Year

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know against the Chiefs, probably the worst run D in the league last year, Dak was able to use Terrance Williams as a beater but he was also being covered by the Chiefs #2-4 CBs most of the time which were pretty terrible.

In a lot of ways, Dallas is kind of like a really awesome college team. You know they'll run the ball. You know they'll be at least good if the oline stays healthy. Everything else is just going to have to develop.

This is where you see the good coaches separate themselves from the bad ones, imo.
You just hit on the $64,000 question...coaches
will the OC be more like 2016 or 2017.

I don't know if Williams makes this team. They have Hurns, Thompson (whio I think will have a solid season with the opportunities he'll get in Dallas) has 4.2, 4.3 speed, and Brown from last years draft, who came on and started getting snaps late last year. Add the rookie who they are extremely high on and Beasley & Austin for slot positions.... Williams may be out. Dallas doesn't have a true #1 and I'm not sure that's a bad thing cause I've never thought this league was a wide receiver league. If you have 4 or 5 guys who run good routes, catch the ball, play their role with this oline and RB then this is a top 10 offence.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how David Carr doubled-down on his stupidity by saying "Ben isn't in his prime anymore" as his reason for not putting him in his top 10.

But Tom Brady and Drew Brees are in his top 3 :rolleyes2:

That was funny...as off base as he is, at least he didn't pack-pedal...I'll give him that.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup....there wasn't any part of JG's game or stats that you can question...nothing that stood out except that he took over a 1-10 team and led them to 6-10. Nobody is sure what SF has around them, so it's only fair to say that he totally elevated the play around him at this point. That is a mark of greatness. Watson's TD % alone, was stupid...he'll never come close to that....and that alone made his stats pop out moreso, but he also had one of the best receivers in the game.

Simply put, if you think it's ridiculous to put JG in any top 10 list of QB's because of the limited playing time, I believe it's equally ridiculous to include D. Watson.

Let's see how he does this season when defenses have had time to really look at him and prepare for him. Happens all the time. I'm not saying you don't have good reasons to be very optimistic on Garoppolo but he's got to be able to do this year as much as last year to be taken seriously.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how David Carr doubled-down on his stupidity by saying "Ben isn't in his prime anymore" as his reason for not putting him in his top 10.

But Tom Brady and Drew Brees are in his top 3 :rolleyes2:
The fact that David Carr was a crash test dummy for the Texans for a few years might have something to do with his thought process.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about top 10 right now, not based off just off last season.

1. Rodgers, still the best arm talent in the league coupled with good feet.
2. Brady, he's Brady, give him some WRs and an OL, you will win games
3. Ben, less mobile now, so more willing to dump it short, or eat it/throw it away and live for another down
4. Brees, the #s will always be there, more venerable to the inside pass rush now
5. Wilson, superior arm talent, uses his legs better than most dual threat QBs, has a ring, probably should have 2
6. Ryan, the #s will be there yr in yr out...lack of a ring keeps him out of the top 5
7. Stafford, superior arm talent, #s are there consistently, INTs down, just doesn't win enough big games to be higher
8. Newton, he's probably never going to be a 65% passer, but he wins football games, probably the best dual threat QB the league has seen...Vick was more dynamic, but imo not better.
9. Rivers, always available, #s always strong, needs more playoff success to be higher
10. Cousins, needs to show he can do it in JAN/FEB, but when he took the reins, he showed he had the goods

HM...Wentz, Goff, Carr...all 3 of these guys could easily replace my bottom 3 QBs, but they just haven't done it as long.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3. Ben, less mobile now, so more willing to dump it short, or eat it/throw it away and live for another down
4. Brees, the #s will always be there, more venerable to the inside pass rush now
5. Wilson, superior arm talent, uses his legs better than most dual threat QBs, has a ring, probably should have 2
6. Ryan, the #s will be there yr in yr out...lack of a ring keeps him out of the top 5
7. Stafford, superior arm talent, #s are there consistently, INTs down, just doesn't win enough big games to be higher
8. Newton, he's probably never going to be a 65% passer, but he wins football games, probably the best dual threat QB the league has seen...Vick was more dynamic, but imo not better.
9. Rivers, always available, #s always strong, needs more playoff success to be higher
10. Cousins, needs to show he can do it in JAN/FEB, but when he took the reins, he showed he had the goods

HM...Wentz, Goff, Carr...all 3 of these guys could easily replace my bottom 3 QBs, but they just haven't done it as long.

The only problem I have with your list is Cam Newton. I just don't feel he is a top 10 QB. Yes... I do agree with the dual threat analysis he is just amazing there but I think he needs to be more than a below average passer to make the list. His past 4 years he was under 60% and his last 2 seasons his TD/INT Ratio is not good either.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see how he does this season when defenses have had time to really look at him and prepare for him. Happens all the time. I'm not saying you don't have good reasons to be very optimistic on Garoppolo but he's got to be able to do this year as much as last year to be taken seriously.

I don't have any problems with people wanting to see a full year from him, but he certainly isn't a guy coming with warts to overcome. He isn't a one-read/tunnel-visioned guy waiting for guys to get open and then can simply rely on pure arm talent to muscle a ball to a receiver. He manipulated defenses and threw guys open. He's got a quick release that's right there with some of the best in the league, and his short/intermediate accuracy is deadly. He stands tall in the pocket and delivers under pressure. He has flaws (deep ball accuracy and sometimes spotty footwork) but I don't believe it'll cut his career short or anything.

I could be wrong about him, but I believe I've seen enough - whether it be game film, film review from people whose opinions I respect, etc. There isn't another QB in the league I'd rather have at this point over Garoppolo.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting. You went with career accomplishments over the intended theme of this thread. Not wrong, but hadn't thought of it that way yet. Some people went the fantasy football route, so I guess I should have clarified in the OP.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem I have with your list is Cam Newton. I just don't feel he is a top 10 QB. Yes... I do agree with the dual threat analysis he is just amazing there but I think he needs to be more than a below average passer to make the list. His past 4 years he was under 60% and his last 2 seasons his TD/INT Ratio is not good either.

I agree with you......not orthodox and at times downright ugly, not to mention he's not the greatest leader. But for a team that imo has always been offensively built to be a playaction, down field passing game with marginal targets outside of Olsen and Steve Smith Sr...he wins probably more than he should imo. I like all 3 of my honorable mention guys better, but can't put them in the top 10 yet.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. You went with career accomplishments over the intended theme of this thread. Not wrong, but hadn't thought of it that way yet. Some people went the fantasy football route, so I guess I should have clarified in the OP.

Not entirely or I would've put Manning in there with his 2 rings, but yeah I more or less chose a larger sampling. My top 10 based who I would pick to start the 2018 season...yes, my list would look a bit different...I don't do fantasy so I wouldn't know how to rank them based on that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you......not orthodox and at times downright ugly, not to mention he's not the greatest leader. But for a team that imo has always been offensively built to be a playaction, down field passing game with marginal targets outside of Olsen and Steve Smith Sr...he wins probably more than he should imo. I like all 3 of my honorable mention guys better, but can't put them in the top 10 yet.
Carolina Team Defense ratings on football outsiders: 7th, 10th, 2nd, 15th, 3rd, 11th, 32nd

In his career he has had 2 elite defense, 1 good defense, 3 decent defenses and one abysmal defense. Cam should have a pretty good W/L record.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina Team Defense ratings on football outsiders: 7th, 10th, 2nd, 15th, 3rd, 11th, 32nd

In his career he has had 2 elite defense, 1 good defense, 3 decent defenses and one abysmal defense. Cam should have a pretty good W/L record.

Depends on what you think is pretty good...they've had 2 really good DEF teams as you've said...the SB team would've won 11+ games with probably two-thirds of the starting QBs. Another factor that kinda gets lost because of the way Cam plays...OL play, they were a decent run blocking OL, but imo have never been a good pass blocking (OL) most of his time there.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you think is pretty good...they've had 2 really good DEF teams as you've said...the SB team would've won 11+ games with probably two-thirds of the starting QBs. Another factor that kinda gets lost because of the way Cam plays...OL play, they were a decent run blocking OL, but imo have never been a good pass blocking (OL) most of his time there.
Teams have also been incorporating the 'just hit Cam and eventually he'll break' defense for the past 2 seasons.

Like many players, I think his legacy is up in the air at the moment.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams have also been incorporating the 'just hit Cam and eventually he'll break' defense for the past 2 seasons.

Like many players, I think his legacy is up in the air at the moment.

Agree 100%...since DEN smacked him around in that SB game...the blueprint has been pretty clear.

When you get the opportunity to hit him...make it count. I've long felt Shula's OFC was very limited and maybe Cam's skillset made it that way. I was a little surprised they got as much production from McCaffery as they did, but it was either him or Funchess, not much in between.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Carr is on record as saying Ben is a product of having Bell, Brown and company. While that may be true to a certain extent he is CLEARLY still a top ten QB.

Ben is like most aging QBs. When they first enter the league and have success its bc of some physical attribute (ie, strong arm, mobility, etc). With Ben it was his size and escapability. While that may have diminished over the years his experience more than has made up for it. He, like other good veterans, draws on his experience to make him better. To say he’s not in the top 10 is BS
He still got it

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Brees
2. Brady
3. Wilson
4. Rodgers
5. Wentz
6. Watson
7. Goff
8. Stafford
9. Cousins
10. Ryan
I almost got mad at you for bashing Dak in this thread until I saw this list. It dawned on me that you are mentally challenged. The list is bad from top to bottom.

These are the most egregious ones: Rodgers 4th, Watson 6th, Goff 7th, Wilson 3rd, and the worst of all, Cousins 9th.

Holy shit. I didn’t know being a Browns fan could cause such extensive brain damage. Thoughts and prayers.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost got mad at you for bashing Dak in this thread until I saw this list. It dawned on me that you are mentally challenged. The list is bad from top to bottom.

These are the most egregious ones: Rodgers 4th, Watson 6th, Goff 7th, Wilson 3rd, and the worst of all, Cousins 9th.

Holy shit. I didn’t know being a Browns fan could cause such extensive brain damage. Thoughts and prayers.
I'm right, Dak is not a good QB. There's nothing wrong with my list at all. If you have any actual input, by all means I'll happily discuss. Since you're only able to run your mouth and not provide any level of feedback, you can just sit there stewing in your tears about your shit QB then.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going by top of my head. I will probably miss some or be way off on some.

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Wentz
5. Newton
6. Manning - given OBJ is healthy
7. Goff
8. Ryan
9. Mariota
10. Garoppolo

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going by top of my head. I will probably miss some or be way off on some.

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Wentz
5. Newton
6. Manning - given OBJ is healthy
7. Goff
8. Ryan
9. Mariota
10. Garoppolo
Now that's a hot take right there