• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give me the BEST 16 teams in the country

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona has 3 wins better than Iowa??? Highly doubt that. They may not even have 1 win better than Iowa.

Yeah you're probably right. Beating #20 at home is way better than beating #13 on the road.
Beating #20 at home is way better than beating #16 on a neutral court.

:L

Three may be a stretch, but 2 are pretty much a lock.

Don't get me wrong. I know you never take of the Iowa/B1G homer glasses, and I know you still believe that Iowa is a top 10 team despite being pretty much the exact same team that didn't receive a single vote in the AP or Coaches Poll last season and ended up in the NIT, but the reality of the situation is Iowa simply isn't as good as you think they are. They don't have a single win over a ranked opponent.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you're probably right. Beating #20 at home is way better than beating #13 on the road.
Beating #20 at home is way better than beating #16 on a neutral court.

:L

Three may be a stretch, but 2 are pretty much a lock.

Don't get me wrong. I know you never take of the Iowa/B1G homer glasses, and I know you still believe that Iowa is a top 10 team despite being pretty much the exact same team that didn't receive a single vote in the AP or Coaches Poll last season and ended up in the NIT, but the reality of the situation is Iowa simply isn't as good as you think they are. They don't have a single win over a ranked opponent.

Well I guess we will see. Yes I firmly believe ( as do MANY others ) that Iowa is a top 10-15 type team and 3 losses on the road/neutral to teams that are a combined 44-1 by 10 pts combined doesnt change my opinion on that one iota. Rankings ( as YOU said ) dont mean shit. Anyone who has actually watched CBB this year knows Iowa is for sure better than Duke and probably better than SDSU, although I can see saying a win AT SDSU is a better win than over Iowa at home.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's an excuse? You are using Illinois as a clamoring point. They are not good. They should not have been top 25. They have done nothing to warrant it. As you have been unable to support yourself.

Iowa was 22nd and took wisco to the wire. You're trying to say Illinois is good?

Zona has the better wins right now.

Rankings don't matter anyways. Get over it.

Illinois may or may not be a bubble team. I could really care less. They're a very young team and will make their case next season. However, prior to last night's drubbing they were 13-2, with no bad losses, a nice win over Mizzou, and an okay win over a NIT bound team in Indiana. Maybe they didn't deserve their ranking, but at that stage who did deserve to be ranked higher?

Last edited by a moderator:

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At SDSU is better than home vs Iowa. But besides that I agree with you rmilia.

Of course none of this matters, let's wait and see how we play tonight against a FUCLA team that, while inferior to us last year, still managed to sweep three against us.

He's just a typical Marquette fan/Wisconsin hater. He spends far more energy trying to demean Wisconsin than he does talking about his own team, that's a verifiable fact.

Iowa is definitely better than their ranking and will be a scary out for anybody in the tournament. Illinois, I don't know - was that just a really, really bad game, or were they simply overranked due to their start in a tough conference? As with most things, the answer is likely somewhere in the middle.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just a typical Marquette fan/Wisconsin hater. He spends far more energy trying to demean Wisconsin than he does talking about his own team, that's a verifiable fact.

Iowa is definitely better than their ranking and will be a scary out for anybody in the tournament. Illinois, I don't know - was that just a really, really bad game, or were they simply overranked due to their start in a tough conference? As with most things, the answer is likely somewhere in the middle.

why did you quote me when you made this statement? I didn't realize I am either a marquette fan OR a wisconsin hater....

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess we will see. Yes I firmly believe ( as do MANY others ) that Iowa is a top 10-15 type team and 3 losses on the road/neutral to teams that are a combined 44-1 by 10 pts combined doesnt change my opinion on that one iota. Rankings ( as YOU said ) dont mean shit. Anyone who has actually watched CBB this year knows Iowa is for sure better than Duke and probably better than SDSU, although I can see saying a win AT SDSU is a better win than over Iowa at home.

I understand having Louisville in your Top 16. They're the defending National Champs. They bring back several players from that team, and add some good pieces as well. Yeah, they don't have any notable wins, and they have losses to UK and UNC but they get the benefit of the doubt based on what they return.

What does Iowa return? An NIT team. Did they add anything that I missed? Do they have some quality win that I didn't see? I just don't understand the supreme confidence. I see a team that lacks mental toughness and can't close out a game.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand having Louisville in your Top 16. They're the defending National Champs. They bring back several players from that team, and add some good pieces as well. Yeah, they don't have any notable wins, and they have losses to UK and UNC but they get the benefit of the doubt based on what they return.

What does Iowa return? An NIT team. Did they add anything that I missed? Do they have some quality win that I didn't see? I just don't understand the supreme confidence. I see a team that lacks mental toughness and can't close out a game.

I understand your apprehension surrounding Iowa. No big deal. One of us will be right and the other will be wrong :) As to what the Hawks added it isnt much but we did add a long, athletic good scorer/rebounder in Jared Uthoff and we also added another year of experience for all the other guys on the team. I know you follow CBB closely Trolly ( as do I ) so I know you know how good this Iowa team is. If you have watched them at all this year then you know they are more than capable of making a deep run in the tourney. Im going to reserve judgement on their ability to close games this year until they play some close ones at home. Not really fair to say a team cant close at Hilton or Kohl since neither can anyone else and if you ask ISU or Wisky fans who the best team they have played this year is the answer will be Iowa, that much I can guarantee you.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The homer Wisco fans are getting out of hand....Great Dayne of course is making some absurd comments. With the way we're rebounding, Arizona would beat us soundly right now imo.

As a non-homer Wisco fan....I'd rank the top 5 right now

1. Arizona
2. Cuse
3. Badgers
4. Michigan State
5. Iowa State

Whether we're one of the 3 best teams in the country? I'm not so sure about that right now.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your apprehension surrounding Iowa. No big deal. One of us will be right and the other will be wrong :) As to what the Hawks added it isnt much but we did add a long, athletic good scorer/rebounder in Jared Uthoff and we also added another year of experience for all the other guys on the team. I know you follow CBB closely Trolly ( as do I ) so I know you know how good this Iowa team is. If you have watched them at all this year then you know they are more than capable of making a deep run in the tourney. Im going to reserve judgement on their ability to close games this year until they play some close ones at home. Not really fair to say a team cant close at Hilton or Kohl since neither can anyone else and if you ask ISU or Wisky fans who the best team they have played this year is the answer will be Iowa, that much I can guarantee you.

I agree that the team is capable of making a deep tourney run, but I don't think that is necessarily saying much. With the exception of the 15 and 16 seeds, pretty much every team in the tournament is capable of making a deep tourney run. I'm inclined to think they wont make a deep tourney run (not past the Sweet 16)

But I think it is fair to say they can't close at Hilton or Kohl, because they didn't. If I'm not mistaken, they held a lead near the end of both of those games and gave it up. I readily admit that it's hard to close at venues like that, but just because its hard doesn't mean it I made an unfair assessment. Those are the kind of games you have to win if you expect to make a deep tourney run.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the team is capable of making a deep tourney run, but I don't think that is necessarily saying much. With the exception of the 15 and 16 seeds, pretty much every team in the tournament is capable of making a deep tourney run. I'm inclined to think they wont make a deep tourney run (not past the Sweet 16)

But I think it is fair to say they can't close at Hilton or Kohl, because they didn't. If I'm not mistaken, they held a lead near the end of both of those games and gave it up. I readily admit that it's hard to close at venues like that, but just because its hard doesn't mean it I made an unfair assessment. Those are the kind of games you have to win if you expect to make a deep tourney run.

this is why the Arizona win @ Michigan was impressive. The ability to not play your best, on the road in a very hostile environment, when the other team has a very good shooting game, and still come out with a win after trailing for the first 37 minutes of the game.

Rmilia you have tried to disclaim this win a little bit because Michigan has struggled, but ISU beat that Michigan team at home in a close game, not much of a difference from your loss to ISU. Michigan is CLEARLY one of those teams that plays much better at home, and that is the reason I think people discrediting Arizona's win in Michigan are sorely mistaken. Many Arizona fans I know think this was our best win of the season, and I am inclined to agree with them. That game will be a factor in helping us close out games the rest of the year, and we can safely say Iowa has not shown they can do the same.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why the Arizona win @ Michigan was impressive. The ability to not play your best, on the road in a very hostile environment, when the other team has a very good shooting game, and still come out with a win after trailing for the first 37 minutes of the game.

Rmilia you have tried to disclaim this win a little bit because Michigan has struggled, but ISU beat that Michigan team at home in a close game, not much of a difference from your loss to ISU. Michigan is CLEARLY one of those teams that plays much better at home, and that is the reason I think people discrediting Arizona's win in Michigan are sorely mistaken. Many Arizona fans I know think this was our best win of the season, and I am inclined to agree with them. That game will be a factor in helping us close out games the rest of the year, and we can safely say Iowa has not shown they can do the same.

??? I have?? @ Michigan is a very good win. Dont believe I ever said otherwise. I think Iowa is substantially better than Michigan especially with the McGary injury though. Still the WOlverines are a top 25-35 type team IMO. Im sorry if I did discredit that win, dont remember doing so but I apologize if I did. Its a good win but just not a great win. Id put it on the same level as Iowa beating Xavier. Although you guys have a few more good wins to stack on top of that one :) LOL

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True but to be fair Iowa State and Wisconsin are on a different leverl than the Michigan team you guys beat. I think Iowa plays at Chrylser this year so we shall see :) This is why I love CBB!!! We actually get to see the games instead of hypothetical crap.. LOL. Weird. Take notes CFB.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How is saying Wisconsin should be 3 in the nation demeaning them?

They are currently 4th?

Jesus you guys have serious mental problems.

Sorry I believe Arizona is one of maybe two teams currently better than Wisconsin.

You going to drink yourself to death now?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Michigan is about on par with Iowa actually. Michigan got hurt by the Iowa State loss because ISU wasn't ranked at the time. In hindsight it wasn't a bad loss at all. The losses to Duke in Cameron and against Arizona aren't bad losses either. The Charlotte game in Puerto Rico is really the only ding on their record.

I haven't seen them play since they lost McGary so I'll reserve judgement on how they do from here on out, but looking at scores, it appears they've been holding their own.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why did you quote me when you made this statement? I didn't realize I am either a marquette fan OR a wisconsin hater....

Because he belongs on the short bus.

Alright he wants me to talk my own team. We suck this year. It was a 1 possession game at the KOHL with like a minute left and we didn't have mayo or wilson(turns out he's now redshirting). Couple that with needing Floridas roster on life support..

I have WATCHED both teams play at least 5 times already. Zona is better. Get over it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Michigan is about on par with Iowa actually. Michigan got hurt by the Iowa State loss because ISU wasn't ranked at the time. In hindsight it wasn't a bad loss at all. The losses to Duke in Cameron and against Arizona aren't bad losses either. The Charlotte game in Puerto Rico is really the only ding on their record.

I haven't seen them play since they lost McGary so I'll reserve judgement on how they do from here on out, but looking at scores, it appears they've been holding their own.

I would say right now Iowa is definitely the better team. Michigan is still figuring out there guard play. But they have potential to be really good . McGary wouldn't even be as huge of a loss if they got the young guards to be consistent.

But Iowa is better I believe. That said, they have to start proving they can close out some close games. They already have proven they can hang with anyone .

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he belongs on the short bus.

Alright he wants me to talk my own team. We suck this year. It was a 1 possession game at the KOHL with like a minute left and we didn't have mayo or wilson(turns out he's now redshirting). Couple that with needing Floridas roster on life support..

I have WATCHED both teams play at least 5 times already. Zona is better. Get over it.

Your first comment in forever about your home team, though it's surrounded by more anti-Wisconsin talk. That's all you do, dumbfuck, spend hours trolling away about a team you supposedly hate. Wisconsin clearly owns your peanut-sized "brain." I never, ever said Wisconsin was "better than Arizona" or anything like it. Get your head outta your ass. This is about you circling around like a buzzard searching out every single discussion involving Wisconsin and overstating negatives and nothing else.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your first comment in forever about your home team, though it's surrounded by more anti-Wisconsin talk. That's all you do, dumbfuck, spend hours trolling away about a team you supposedly hate. Wisconsin clearly owns your peanut-sized "brain." I never, ever said Wisconsin was "better than Arizona" or anything like it. Get your head outta your ass. This is about you circling around like a buzzard searching out every single discussion involving Wisconsin and overstating negatives and nothing else.

How is saying Arizona the current #1 team in the country.

Is better than Wisconsin. Trolling? Do you even know what trolling means?

This thread is about the top 16 teams right now. Sadly, Marquette is not one of them. I am staying on topic yet your dumbass is calling me a troll?

Seriously, do you have a cognitive disability that needs to be brought to my attention? It would be helpful going forward.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me the "hours" I have spent trolling Wisconsin.

On this thread I started talking Florida. On the college Bball daily thread . It was unc among many other teams. On the Big10 thread it was the gophers. On big 10 predictions it was gophers again. On the pick em thread...guess what? I picked winners?

Seriously, go light yourself on fire.