• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give me the BEST 16 teams in the country

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want your rankings based off of resume, I dont care about record, I want the people who LOVE CBB and watch it religiously to tell me who they think are the 16 teams they think are the best in the country right now ie: Who is your Sweet 16 through 1 week of January?? Ill start. In no order

Arizona
Wiscosnin
Iowa State
Syracuse
Michigan State
Ohio State
OK State
San Diego State
Florida
Colorado
Iowa
Nova
Kansas
Oregon
Wichita State
Louisville

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona
Syracuse
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Baylor
Villanova
Iowa State
Oklahoma State
Florida
San Diego State
Kentucky
Colorado
Oregon
Iowa
Cincinnati

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona
Syracuse
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Wichita St
Nova
Iowa St
Florida
Ok St
SDSU
Kentucky (based off what I think they will be)
Colorado
Oregon
Kansas
Iowa
Cincinnati

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona
Syracuse
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Baylor
Villanova
Iowa State
Oklahoma State
Florida
San Diego State
Kentucky
Colorado
Oregon
Iowa
Cincinnati

Nice list ED. Thought hard about Cincinnati and UK. Not sold on Baylor right now though.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice list ED. Thought hard about Cincinnati and UK. Not sold on Baylor right now though.

Yeah it came down to Cincinnati or Duke, Louisville, Illinois and Kansas for the last spot. Out of those teams, I just think UC is playing the best right now with the best team chemistry. Out of the 5 they are probably the least talented team, but playing together as a unit, is better than individuals.

As for Baylor, I actually really like them this year. I am concerned with some of the close games they've played against lesser competition, but they have played really well this year in their "up" games, last night not withstanding. I think they have E8 potential for sure.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it came down to Cincinnati or Duke, Louisville, Illinois and Kansas for the last spot. Out of those teams, I just think UC is playing the best right now with the best team chemistry. Out of the 5 they are probably the least talented team, but playing together as a unit, is better than individuals.

As for Baylor, I actually really like them this year. I am concerned with some of the close games they've played against lesser competition, but they have played really well this year in their "up" games, last night not withstanding. I think they have E8 potential for sure.

I agree with you on everything but this. We will see if I am proven wrong in the end, but I would be surprised

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want your rankings based off of resume, I dont care about record, I want the people who LOVE CBB and watch it religiously to tell me who they think are the 16 teams they think are the best in the country right now ie: Who is your Sweet 16 through 1 week of January?? Ill start. In no order

Arizona
Wiscosnin
Iowa State
Syracuse
Michigan State
Ohio State
OK State
San Diego State
Florida
Colorado
Iowa
Nova
Kansas
Oregon
Wichita State
Louisville

I think I would go with this list right now as well. San Diego State I don't think will stay here long though. I'm still not impressed with them. Great D but meh elsewhere. Put them against a Big10 D and they are in trouble. Heck or Iowa who plays solid D but can really really score. I think SDSU is a team prime to get people aboard the wagon early as a surprise team, only to screw it up in March.

Florida is a team I think could be deadly. Injuries and suspensions hurt them early. They could be scary in two months

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would go with this list right now as well. San Diego State I don't think will stay here long though. I'm still not impressed with them. Great D but meh elsewhere. Put them against a Big10 D and they are in trouble. Heck or Iowa who plays solid D but can really really score. I think SDSU is a team prime to get people aboard the wagon early as a surprise team, only to screw it up in March.

Florida is a team I think could be deadly. Injuries and suspensions hurt them early. They could be scary in two months

Gators were my preseason pick to win it all. Going to stick with my early Final 4 of Florida, MSU, Kansas, Louisville for now but its still early.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gators were my preseason pick to win it all. Going to stick with my early Final 4 of Florida, MSU, Kansas, Louisville for now but its still early.

Yikes on those two....Can you imagine Louisville trying to rebound with Arizona? Same with Kansas....

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes on those two....Can you imagine Louisville trying to rebound with Arizona? Same with Kansas....

I didnt say I was 100% DC... LOL. I actually had Zona #2 preseason BUT my not in my Final 4. I just have a tough time with super young teams and knowing what to expect. Zona has some experience at least so I give them a MUCH better shot than a team like UK who has none or a team like Duke where their clear best player is a freshman. Gun to my head right now Id probably go Zona, OK State, MSU and Wiscosnin as my new final 4 but since I dont want to be accused of flip flopping Im sticking with the original 4 until I HAVE to change my mind. :)

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt say I was 100% DC... LOL. I actually had Zona #2 preseason BUT my not in my Final 4. I just have a tough time with super young teams and knowing what to expect. Zona has some experience at least so I give them a MUCH better shot than a team like UK who has none or a team like Duke where their clear best player is a freshman. Gun to my head right now Id probably go Zona, OK State, MSU and Wiscosnin as my new final 4 but since I dont want to be accused of flip flopping Im sticking with the original 4 until I HAVE to change my mind. :)

point taken. I am skeptical about OK St because of the interior depth, losing their C was a huge blow. I think ISU is the best team in the Big-12 and I, unlike most people, think if Marcus Smart is forced to take jump shots he is simply not elite. Keeping him out of the paint is no easy task, mind you, but will one of the 4 potential teams they face in the Dance figure that out? I think it's likely.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arizona
Wiscosnin
Iowa State
Syracuse
Michigan State
Ohio State
OK State
San Diego State
Florida
Colorado
Iowa
Nova
Kansas
Oregon
Wichita State
Louisville

I think you nailed it. I feel like Duke belongs on this list, but can't find anyone to take off the list, so I guess not.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the beauty though. We don't have to imagine it.

The tourney doesn't go through zona.

Those teams could be on completely opposite brackets.

Someone could knock off zona before they have to play.

Without seeing the actual bracket, the predictions are wide open.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the beauty though. We don't have to imagine it.

The tourney doesn't go through zona.

Those teams could be on completely opposite brackets.

Someone could knock off zona before they have to play.

Without seeing the actual bracket, the predictions are wide open.

Well of course, that's how it always is when predicting before a bracket is there. I guess I was commenting more on what I have seen so far from those teams when it comes to one VERY important skill that a college bball team must have in order to make a final 4 run

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course, that's how it always is when predicting before a bracket is there. I guess I was commenting more on what I have seen so far from those teams when it comes to one VERY important skill that a college bball team must have in order to make a final 4 run

No doubt. But there are a lot of skills. I'll admit I don't like either of those two teams chances right now. And zona has a great chance to make it.

But great guard play, consistent 3 pt shooting and defense are keys too.

UL and KU may be lacking in a few of those as well though.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no particular order:

Pitt
Nova
Sparty
Zona
Buffs
Cuse
Wisky
Cyclones
Shockers
Bucknuts
'Ville
Okie State
Iowa --- better than some people think.
Cincy
SDSU
UK --- still not sold. I want to see that talent ball out.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but Florida would run Pitt and Cincy right out of the gym.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no particular order:

Pitt
Nova
Sparty
Zona
Buffs
Cuse
Wisky
Cyclones
Shockers
Bucknuts
'Ville
Okie State
Iowa --- better than some people think.
Cincy
SDSU
UK --- still not sold. I want to see that talent ball out.

I think most people that actually watch CBB and know what they are talking about know that Iowa is a top 10-15 type team. Which of course explains why the writers and coaches have them ranked so low :lol:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jan 18, we'll find out how good Pitt is.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most people that actually watch CBB and know what they are talking about know that Iowa is a top 10-15 type team. Which of course explains why the writers and coaches have them ranked so low :lol:

True. I like the coaches' and analysts/writer's input, but I know it can be very subjective and in most cases impossible to view every game.