• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give me the BEST 16 teams in the country

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? I have?? @ Michigan is a very good win. Dont believe I ever said otherwise. I think Iowa is substantially better than Michigan especially with the McGary injury though. Still the WOlverines are a top 25-35 type team IMO. Im sorry if I did discredit that win, dont remember doing so but I apologize if I did. Its a good win but just not a great win. Id put it on the same level as Iowa beating Xavier. Although you guys have a few more good wins to stack on top of that one :) LOL

Nah maybe it was someone else and I am just lumping you in, my bad.

That being said, I think winning @ Crisler WITH McGary (and he looked just fine that game, not sure if it's true or not) is a MUCH better win than Xavier in the Bahamas. Dude, Xavier lost to USC in the Bahamas, and USC is really bad. I know comparing one game to the next is pointless in CBB because one team shows up one night and not the next (hello Colorado @ WSU) but in the end I will take a true road win in an arena that the home team almost NEVER loses (both Michigan and SDSU) than almost any other win

True but to be fair Iowa State and Wisconsin are on a different leverl than the Michigan team you guys beat. I think Iowa plays at Chrylser this year so we shall see :) This is why I love CBB!!! We actually get to see the games instead of hypothetical crap.. LOL. Weird. Take notes CFB.

Agreed, CBB is the greatest thing ever

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That being said, I think winning @ Crisler WITH McGary (and he looked just fine that game, not sure if it's true or not) is a MUCH better win than Xavier in the Bahamas. Dude, Xavier lost to USC in the Bahamas, and USC is really bad. I know comparing one game to the next is pointless in CBB because one team shows up one night and not the next (hello Colorado @ WSU) but in the end I will take a true road win in an arena that the home team almost NEVER loses (both Michigan and SDSU) than almost any other win

McGary hasn't played one minute since the Arizona game. He practiced sparingly and "not well and in pain" the week prior. McGary didn't practice at all the following week. He went in for back surgery this past Tuesday.

If you know McGary then you know he played through the pain as best as possible during the 8 games he played in this season. But he did not look himself, looking at best 80% at times.

I believe Michigan wins that Arizona match by a basket or two with a 100% healthy and conditioned McGary. It was still a good W for Zona. Crisler is not an easy place to pick up a road win.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drop the McGary thing. he was obviously having issue's even then and was never on his A game this season. UM is most likely better off without him cuz they can focus on a gameplan without him and not have to worry about him screwing up on the court.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this back and forth between Zona and Wisconsin is meaningless. It's pointless whether you are ranked 1 or 4. Both are in line to be 1 seeds, which is the only things that matters. With that said, I do think Wisconsin's OVERALL body of work is slightly better than Arizona.

Vs. the Top 50:
Wisconsin: 5-0
Arizona: 3-0

Vs. the Top 100:
Wisconsin: 8-0
Arizona: 6-0

Vs. the Top 100 Away/Neutral:
Arizona: 4-0

The big difference in SOS in mainly because of the teams ranked 100-200 on each teams schedule. That doesn't mean Wisconsin has played a supremely better schedule, it just means their guarantee games this year turned out slightly better than Arizona's did. But judging teams' SOS based on games between 100-200 ranked teams is dumb.

If Arizona wins tonight, that'll be a big boost to their profile numbers.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the only reasoning for AZ over UW being ranked ahead of them in despite UW ahead in the RPI and BPI is people on here saying eye test. Well they failed the eye test again vs UCLA (an inferior team to Illinois) as they did vs Michigan (who was beating them for the entire game and they almost lost to the worst team in the BIG today).

During this eye test all I seen was a team that lacked discipline on offense with careless TO's and missing crucial FT's. If this is the third best team in the Pac-10 that AZ has to face then there is no reason they shouldn't go undefeated into the tournament.

Hey, at least they have that one great win against SD st. to hang their #1 ranking on over the Badgers tougher SOS, OppD, OppO, wins vs top 100, and wins vs top 25.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Hockey is just upset that Marquette isn't even in Wisconsin top 6 in teams beaten by UW this year.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the only reasoning for AZ over UW being ranked ahead of them in despite UW ahead in the RPI and BPI is people on here saying eye test. Well they failed the eye test again vs UCLA (an inferior team to Illinois) as they did vs Michigan (who was beating them for the entire game and they almost lost to the worst team in the BIG today).

During this eye test all I seen was a team that lacked discipline on offense with careless TO's and missing crucial FT's. If this is the third best team in the Pac-10 that AZ has to face then there is no reason they shouldn't go undefeated into the tournament.

Hey, at least they have that one great win against SD st. to hang their #1 ranking on over the Badgers tougher SOS, OppD, OppO, wins vs top 100, and wins vs top 25.

:laugh3:

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this back and forth between Zona and Wisconsin is meaningless. It's pointless whether you are ranked 1 or 4. Both are in line to be 1 seeds, which is the only things that matters. With that said, I do think Wisconsin's OVERALL body of work is slightly better than Arizona.

Vs. the Top 50:
Arizona: 3-0

Vs. the Top 100:
Wisconsin: 8-0
Arizona: 6-0

Vs. the Top 100 Away/Neutral:
Arizona: 4-0

The big difference in SOS in mainly because of the teams ranked 100-200 on each teams schedule. That doesn't mean Wisconsin has played a supremely better schedule, it just means their guarantee games this year turned out slightly better than Arizona's did. But judging teams' SOS based on games between 100-200 ranked teams is dumb.

If Arizona wins tonight, that'll be a big boost to their profile numbers.

You forgot that UW is 4-0 vs top 25 teams while AZ is 1-0. combine this with better record vs top 50, top 100, more difficult SOS, OppD, OppO. But no UW clearly not better than AZ.:doh:

How about that eye test??? Ill is superior to UCLA yet were beaten by 25 by UW and AZ squeaked by UCLA.

What about their second or third best win @ mich who has 4 L's and nearly lost to the worst team in the Big ten in Nebraska.

I suppose they will hang their hats on that one win vs SD st. :lol:

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent rebuttal my friend. :clap:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Hockey is just upset that Marquette isn't even in Wisconsin top 6 in teams beaten by UW this year.

No YOU are upset. And a moron. Looking for things that are not there.

I said Wisconsin is the 3rd or second best team in the COUNTRY and you are calling me butthurt. Seriously, do the world a favor and find a bridge.

Zona didn't pass the eye test? All they did was miss a bunch of fts late. They dominated the game. Another road win.

You really are a clown. Please, whatever you do don't produce a child with Blaise. Humaity is gone.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot that UW is 4-0 vs top 25 teams while AZ is 1-0. combine this with better record vs top 50, top 100, more difficult SOS, OppD, OppO. But no UW clearly not better than AZ.:doh:

How about that eye test??? Ill is superior to UCLA yet were beaten by 25 by UW and AZ squeaked by UCLA.

What about their second or third best win @ mich who has 4 L's and nearly lost to the worst team in the Big ten in Nebraska.

I suppose they will hang their hats on that one win vs SD st. :lol:

ever heard of a rivalry game? Do you think that's not important? throw out the records when we play UCLA. Also, remind me again how beating UCLA on the road is worse than, say, you beating Marquette at home by 6. Rivalry game just like ours.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Marquette probably isn't in your top 6 wins. And you barely beat them without Mayo lol.

Again, no eye test.

Florida at home with half their team gone?

Iowa at home by 4?

And you are picking on true road wins for Zona? May be time to get institutionalized.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much do you want to bet that UCLA ends up with a higher seed than Illinois?

Illinois is better because your subjective ass said so?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways,

UL with another shaky performance today. Memphis was a ranked opponent and solid one but it might be time to move UL out of the 16 best for the time being. They have to adjust to life without Behanan and work on the front court game.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much do you want to bet that UCLA ends up with a higher seed than Illinois?

Illinois is better because your subjective ass said so?

Which team beat them and which team was crushed by them?

Thank you,

NEXT PLEASE

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nebraska's the worst team in the B1G? :suspicious:

Michigan should have smoked them. They're still lacking an identity and cohesion but Nebraska did fight hard and shot well. So there's that. Walton Jr. is still suspect. He's got to do more than hit half court shots, like making his damn FTs and drop a few dimes.

Here's a trivia question for ya. Who was the first team ever to beat Nebraska at the Bank?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ever heard of a rivalry game? Do you think that's not important? throw out the records when we play UCLA. Also, remind me again how beating UCLA on the road is worse than, say, you beating Marquette at home by 6. Rivalry game just like ours.

is this really a rivalry game? cuz when your opponent is a major bb school in a large city & only fills out 75% of their arena.......and its the only game you play this year ==> and to top it off you are ranked 1st in the nation

i seriously doubt thats a rivalry game......

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska's the worst team in the B1G? :suspicious:

Michigan should have smoked them. They're still lacking an identity and cohesion but Nebraska did fight hard and shot well. So there's that. Walton Jr. is still suspect. He's got to do more than hit half court shots, like making his damn FTs and drop a few dimes.

Here's a trivia question for ya. Who was the first team ever to beat Nebraska at the Bank?

UNL is clearly a program on the rise

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you,

NEXT PLEASE

yeah sorry but UCLA and Illinois havnt played.

Seriously what is your IQ?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you,

NEXT PLEASE

your problem is you think that, just because a team loses to one team, and beats another, the team that they lost to is automatically better than the team they beat. Of course, anybody who has ever watched sports understands that is very often not true.

If it were, then the Patriots wouldn't be good because they lost to the Dolphins who lost to the bills who lost to the.....see my point, moron?