• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gibson to be new DC

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BAMA
Towson Win
@ MD Win
OU Win
KU Win
@TT Win
BU Win
@Okie St
TCU Win
@UT
KSU Win
@ISU Win

9 winnable games for ya!..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAMA
Towson Win
@ MD Win
OU Win
KU Win
@TT Win
BU Win
@Okie St
TCU Win
@UT
KSU Win
@ISU Win

9 winnable games for ya!..

The truth serum needs to come out…

How do you see WVU beating OU, KSU and TT? Even MD on the road seems like a stretch to me…

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth serum needs to come out…

How do you see WVU beating OU, KSU and TT? Even MD on the road seems like a stretch to me…

Because you are living in the past..I am living in the now!...:lol:
The team is going to be a year older and more expreinced...and Rushel Shell is going to run wild on these teams.......

This team is going to be all about running the ball this year and I like it!..............

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just put myself in DH's shoes. If its me and the defense has looked like it has for a couple of years now and my seat was warming up, I take the hire with the most experience preferably with some Big12 experience and let him work with this group ( which will be deeper than we have seen for awhile now) that's facing one of if not THE toughest schedule in our history coming up and these powerful offenses of the B12. Don't get me wrong Im rooting for Gibby to do a great job for us as well as expand the ol WV coaching tree but I think it's asking alot.... Prob too much if we are being honest, these Big12 offenses will be getting BETTER this year not worse, last year was a retool/reload year for several teams, tough tough assignment for any DC, much less one with zero experience at The D1 level.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the defense looks like it did 2 years ago, WVU will be searching for a new staff.

A reported insider at BGN is posting that these coaching moves are part of a plan to facilitate the return of Rich Rodriguez. Well... he doesn't mention Rich by name... but, the inference is clear.

Not buying Rods return but if Doc's name starts surfacing then ill have a sip of that kool aid

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you are living in the past..I am living in the now!...:lol:
The team is going to be a year older and more expreinced...and Rushel Shell is going to run wild on these teams.......

This team is going to be all about running the ball this year and I like it!..............

Oh… yeah…

Haven't we seen this movie before? Somehow… 2012 KU comes to mind…

Good grief…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying Rods return but if Doc's name starts surfacing then ill have a sip of that kool aid

I hear you.

The connection of recent coaching additions… Galloway, Seider and Gibson last year… to those from this year… Tall… are links to one former WVU HC.

Now… we must read the smoke signals…

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh… yeah…

Haven't we seen this movie before? Somehow… 2012 KU comes to mind…

Good grief…

Whats wrong my friend...the snow finally gotten to you!...Bah Hum Bug!...:rollseyes:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats wrong my friend...the snow finally gotten to you!...Bah Hum Bug!...:rollseyes:

It may be the problem.

Like I said, I am disappointed with the decision. I understand why it played out the way it did. I am frustrated with the fact that forces are negatively impacting the fortune of WVU.

Shell may be a beast. So, I hope you are right. I think it will be interesting to see what the offensive genius does with his personnel.

Jeighmonee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be the problem.

Like I said, I am disappointed with the decision. I understand why it played out the way it did. I am frustrated with the fact that forces are negatively impacting the fortune of WVU.

Shell may be a beast. So, I hope you are right. I think it will be interesting to see what the offensive genius does with his personnel.

You know, you bring up a good point - with Shell, Smith, the return of Buie, Smallwood, Garrison, and now DTW in the mix, it might be in our best interest to hammer the ball on the ground and play keep-away as much as possible in 2014. That would take some of the pressure off Gibby. If that were the plan, I'd hate the Gibby hire a little less.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, you bring up a good point - with Shell, Smith, the return of Buie, Smallwood, Garrison, and now DTW in the mix, it might be in our best interest to hammer the ball on the ground and play keep-away as much as possible in 2014. That would take some of the pressure off Gibby. If that were the plan, I'd hate the Gibby hire a little less.

I understand what you're saying about keep away, but I hate the notion of doing this because you have a weak DC. I can understand because of a weak D or holes in your D, but not because your coordinator is weak.

I can see the planets lining up for a RR return and placing Gibson in this role for a year would not be a huge expense if RR would bring his staff back. I just can't see this 3-ring circus come back to Morgantown. I think we need to let that ship sail on by.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not see Fraud coming back, nor can I see Luck wanting to hire him. Fraud seems to have a good gig going in Arizona, and you can not catch lightning twice. By the way, some of you said experience counts for nothing, so why does it now matter?

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have preferred Mitchell, but give the man a shot. He may be the next Bud Foster.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have preferred Mitchell, but give the man a shot. He may be the next Bud Foster.
That's how I am going to look at it...sure as heck do not see how any of the moves with this staff has anything to do with Rich Rod. How could we blame DH for any of this if moves are made during his tenure under the guise of bringing in the next coach? People love the drama.

Gibson helped bring in the talent, maybe this will help him coach it.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be the problem.

We are stacked at running back...Buie and Garrison will likely see alot of slot and like Jock Sanders could flourish...especially Garrison..

This kid form Carolina they signed this year will see playing time..I like him a ALOT!...kid has super feet...looks like a young Emmit Smith..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There you go Jeigh...thats how you read the tea leaves!...

You play the cards your dealt...IMHO and I may share this alone is that as grandios as Dana comes off in answering questions I don't think he let's his ego get in the way as much as you think it could.he will call the plays that suits his talent level...just like last year with Sims....It seems to me that coaching isn't his issue...but there does seem to be some disconnect in his staff and how he manages them...at least that is what it looks like with this latest change at DC...can't say for sure...

I think Patterson was a rent a coach from day one...he got lost in the shuffle when his buddy blew out of Pittsburgh....but with the epic failure of Deforest he filled an immediate need...

I think Wv is going to be extremely talented on defense next year...I just think at this point and time maybe a little thin in spots..but who knows someone is sure to rise to the occaison..I like everyone on offense even the QB's since they all have one more year of seasoning and trickett will be here for the spring...I think Wv is going to be the Suprise of the Big12 this year...

Last edited by a moderator:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you're saying about keep away, but I hate the notion of doing this because you have a weak DC. I can understand because of a weak D or holes in your D, but not because your coordinator is weak.

I can see the planets lining up for a RR return and placing Gibson in this role for a year would not be a huge expense if RR would bring his staff back. I just can't see this 3-ring circus come back to Morgantown. I think we need to let that ship sail on by.

This whole thing about Gibson failing before even Spring ball starts is amazing to me...the guy just took the job !!...who know's we all might be saying why haven't they given him a shot before now!