• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gibson to be new DC

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who if anybody on the WVU squad would make the two deep roster at Alabama? Undermanned or Overmanned, does not matter.

The only way we beat Alabama is if we outcoach them and get great play from our QB. Dana v. Saban OMG Bradley v. Kiffin I like that matchup much better.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn boys you make Bama seem like a team that never loses...not everyone on their team would just step in a start anywhere in the country. Damn gents hope are boys have a brighter outlook than you! :suds::suds:

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always hope WVU does well and I cheer for them when they win and I feel the pain with each loss (last season was particularly painful). I am a lifelong fan and will be until they put me under. But being a fan doesn't mean I wear rose colored glasses either. I see what I see and I try to be objective. I am looking for a reason to be hopeful about the coming season, but so far - I am seeing a team with a schedule that will make hitting .500 a struggle. Stumbles against the lesser teams on the schedule (like happened this past season) will relegate the team and it's fans to yet another disappointing season. I think they are capable of better and the fans certainly deserve better.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - I am in no way saying that 'Bama NEVER loses. Over the past 5 seasons, they are a combined 60-7. When you think that includes a 10-3 mark 4 seasons ago, it is still a pretty impressive and consistant winning accomplishment. Saban is arguably the greatest coach in the game today. Hard to argue with the results he is getting. Are they invincible? Absolutely not. Could WVU pull off the upset? Sure, App St upended mighty Michigan at Michigan. Anything is possible once the whistle blows and the ball is kicked into the air..... I will be rooting for my team when the face 'Bama in about 6 months.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one think Wv brings back alot of experience..I also beleive that Wv is well ahead of Alabama at the skill positions....and much more seasoned in the secondary.......

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because I think my team will win does not mean i wear rose colored glasses...Bama has to replace as much if not more than us...their QB is not proven, their defense lost a lot of talent, and Bama does not have the best track record vs teams that run umtempo. If we can fix our issue at QB then I think we can hang with them.

They are getting a transfer QB from FSU, how did that work out for us! lol

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New QB, New receivers for Alabama will not make the difference. TJ Yeldon and D Henry may be the two best backs in the NCAA next year. We will have to outscore Alabama. We will also need some luck and good bounces of the ball. Except for Auburn, everyone has trouble running against Alabama and I do not expect us to be any different. Oklahoma won the Sugar bowl by forcing turnovers (5), great QB play, and good coaching moves. I don't think we have a QB capable of running like Auburn and our OL is small compared to them.

My prediction: if Millard/Tickett/Howard can put up 400 yards and 4 TDs we will win.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one think Wv brings back alot of experience..I also beleive that Wv is well ahead of Alabama at the skill positions....and much more seasoned in the secondary.......

Not to mention the stud JC cb that was an early entry and the red shirts that sat last year being eligible to see the field this year with a year in the program.
Bama is Bama, that game will be very tough to pull off, it would be for anyone but we have a shot, especially right out of the gate for both squads.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will beat Bama!!! I see a 8-10 win season on the horizon. If I'm wrong feel free to rub my nose in it.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AND night and day difference in coaches............. Saban can get a young guy coached up to contribute, Holgorsen couldn't coach the Steelers to a win over sPitt......... I predict that the team that scores the most points wins!!!!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND night and day difference in coaches............. Saban can get a young guy coached up to contribute, Holgorsen couldn't coach the Steelers to a win over sPitt......... I predict that the team that scores the most points wins!!!!

Way to go out on a limb DaD....:clap:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to go out on a limb DaD....:clap:

Wonder if it is easier to get a young guy to contribute when he is surrounded by nothing but 5 stars players or young players that are surrounded by 3 and 2 star players...:doh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the 3-3 stack returning....here is your answer.........

We changed what we called our buck linebacker to will linebacker,” Gibson said. “That’s really the only difference. When we line-up, people aren’t going to see anything new. You’re going to see three down lineman, four linebackers and the four DBs. We are going to look the same. We are going to do some things a little different to make our scheme better, things that we were trying to get to in the middle of the year before injuries and we had to start over. The progression is there. We will put our own little twist on it, things we like and things we think our kids can execute.”

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DAD hasn't been around much lately, but it is nice of him to share more bullshit again.

Saban had his young boys coached up pretty good for the Sugar Bowl?

His secondary was a combination of true freshman… Maurice Smith and Eddie Jackson at CB… along with Sophomores Cyrus Jones and Bradley Sylve.

Saban can coach his young boys up…

An OU team that had no threat of a passing game coming in to the Sugar Bowl… torched Bama for 348 passing yards and 4 TD's on the way to scoring 45 points.

In its last three regular season games, OU had averaged 161 yds passing.

Heading into the Sugar Bowl, Knight had been replaced against ISU because of his ineffectiveness, and was replaced in the Okie St game after getting injured… but… completed just 8/14 and 3/7 respectively in those games for 61 and 28 yds.

We WVU fans cut off our QB's testicles for that type of performance.

Heading into the Sugar Bowl… Knight had thrown for the following staggering numbers… 47/90 for 471 yds… 52% completion rate with 5 TD's and 4 INT's.

I guess DAD must think Knight got real good between his Okie St performance 3/7 and 28 yds…. and the Sugar Bowl.

:lame:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the 3-3 stack returning....here is your answer.........

We changed what we called our buck linebacker to will linebacker,” Gibson said. “That’s really the only difference. When we line-up, people aren’t going to see anything new. You’re going to see three down lineman, four linebackers and the four DBs. We are going to look the same. We are going to do some things a little different to make our scheme better, things that we were trying to get to in the middle of the year before injuries and we had to start over. The progression is there. We will put our own little twist on it, things we like and things we think our kids can execute.”

Yeah… the rumor of the 3-3-5 returning seems to be just that.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if it is easier to get a young guy to contribute when he is surrounded by nothing but 5 stars players or young players that are surrounded by 3 and 2 star players...:doh:

DC, it is easier to get a contribution from a young guy when you are an effective coach. Look at some of the big boys, they can get the young guys doing the job, hell, look at Fraud when he was here. Good coaches teach the young players and you see marked improvement through the year, poor coaches use youth as an excuse.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make no mistake, WVU's defensive numbers since joining the Big 12 have been tough to digest.

But, if one looks at what OU did to Bama in the Sugar Bowl… putting up 429 yds of offense on one of the top defenses in the country, and add to this the offensive success old Big 12 teams A&M and Mizzou have had in the SEC… one gets a clear picture of what Gibson and company are up against on a regular basis.

Yes… A&M had Heisman trophy winner Manziel creating magic for 2 years… but, Mizzou?

The SEC plays defense.

Yeah… like the old BE…

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make no mistake, WVU's defensive numbers since joining the Big 12 have been tough to digest.

But, if one looks at what OU did to Bama in the Sugar Bowl… putting up 429 yds of offense on one of the top defenses in the country, and add to this the offensive success old Big 12 teams A&M and Mizzou have had in the SEC… one gets a clear picture of what Gibson and company are up against on a regular basis.

Yes… A&M had Heisman trophy winner Manziel creating magic for 2 years… but, Mizzou?

The SEC plays defense.

Yeah… like the old BE…

Those numbers look eerily familiar to the ones a poorly coached Hologorsen team put up against the #1 defense in the country LSU at the time.....................................:rollseyes:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those numbers look eerily familiar to the ones a poorly coached Hologorsen team put up against the #1 defense in the country LSU at the time.....................................:rollseyes:

?????????????

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LazardMarcell: At BW3's with the Oline and Skyler

this is what I like seeing!!! let's go!!!!