• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants All-Stars

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voting Totals:

SHORTSTOP — 1, Rafael Furcal, Cardinals, 3,972,921. 2, Brandon Crawford, Giants, 3,666,897. 3, Troy Tulowitzki Rockies 2,776,412. 4, Jimmy Rollins, Phillies, 2,465,314. 5, Starlin Castro, Cubs, 2,185,278. 6, Jose Reyes, Marlins, 1,856,997. 7, Alex Gonzalez, Brewers, 1,383,622. 8, Jed Lowrie, Astros, 1,237,156

Now THAT would have been embarrassing. Missed it by < 10%.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a few days until the teams are announced, and some of these races are close, so bare with me a bit. Also, I THINK they go with a 30-man roster, plus the fan choice, so I am going with a 30 man...

Starters
P - Dickey NYM
C - Posey SF
1B - Votto Cin
2B - Uggla Atl
SS - Furcal StL
3B - Wright NYM
OF - Braun
OF - Kemp
OF - Beltran

SP - Cain SF
SP - Vogelsong SF
SP - Strasburg Wsh
SP - Gonzalez Wsh
SP - Beechy - Atl
SP - Kershaw LA
SP - Miley Arz
SP - Lohse StL
RP - Kimbrel Atl
RP - Casilla SF
RP - Hanrahan Pit
RP - Street SD
C - Ruiz Phi
C - Molina StL
2B - Altuve Hou
SS - Castro Chi
3B - Freese StL
OF - Gonzalez Col
OF - Stanton Mia
OF - McCutchen Pit
OF - Cabrera SF

I ALMOST left Leche off and included Bum, but I added Lohse instead of Holliday.

That's 5 for StL and SF, 3 for Atl. I could not warrant giving the Gs 6 players, even though they MORE than deserve it. It simply aint gonna happen. I also gave StL every benefit of the doubt. Defending Champs ALWAYS get over-represented. I did not account for Kemp's replacement, either. That will probably be Holliday (maybe Pence).

So they have 33 (so far), so I guess it would pretty hard NOT to make the team...

Highlighted are the guys who did NOT make the team...

Vogelsong
Beechy
Lohse
Casilla
Freese

On, but not listed by me...

Chapman
Hamels
Lynn
Papplebon
LaHair
Desmond
Bruce
Sandoval

How can Lynn make it over Lohse? If you are going with a Card, go with the (more) deserving one. Lynn just doesn't make sense.

I am OK with Hamels OR Pappelbon making the team. But both? Pappelbon isnt even putting up near-elite numbers. K-CYa is an elite closer this year (by the numbers), but I am OK with his snub. But in not to by replaced by Papps. I just dont get that one.

I had Panda and Freese basically even when I put my team together, but went with Freese because he is StL. Freese is on the final ballot, but he has no chance against Chipper or Harper.

Beechy missed the roster? TRAVESTY!!! Dude is a beasty.

I am OK with Chapman (based on stuff and name, mainly), Desmond (he was on my short-list) and Bruce. LaHair, I do not understand. Maybe a respect nod to the journeyman making a mark on the game?

We all saw Bum and Vogey missing out. Sucks, but not surprising. But where is McDonald of Pittsburgh? Give the Burgh some love, man!! Two players is nice, even if it is a bit of a reach with McCutchins based on numbers (heck, I had him on my squad too), but they are having a great year. Let's try to revitalize the game in that city!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Keith Law is a doouuucchhbag

The NL lineup is far sillier than the AL one, primarily because of the voting push in San Francisco that put three Giants in the starting nine, none of whom belongs there. Buster Posey is a fine choice as an alternate behind Yadier Molina or Carlos Ruiz. Pablo Sandoval over David Wright, a longtime star having an MVP-caliber bounceback season now that he's healthy again, is atrocious. And I'm not remotely a fan of putting a BABIP-fluke hitter such as Melky Cabrera in the game on that basis, let alone having him start over an established star such as Andrew McCutchen; Cabrera's roster spot should have gone to Michael Bourn or, preferably, re-emergent Jason Heyward, who appeared in the All-Star Game as a rookie in 2010. Rafael Furcal is the other poor choice among NL starters, a shadow of the player he used to be, hitting .280 AVG/.346 OBP/.377 SLG with fringy defense, chosen over Jed Lowrie, hitting .261/.347/.486 with average defense or now-injured Troy Tulowitzki.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they have 33 (so far), so I guess it would pretty hard NOT to make the team...

Highlighted are the guys who did NOT make the team...

Vogelsong
Beechy
Lohse
Casilla
Freese

On, but not listed by me...

Chapman
Hamels
Lynn
Papplebon
LaHair
Desmond
Bruce
Sandoval

How can Lynn make it over Lohse? If you are going with a Card, go with the (more) deserving one. Lynn just doesn't make sense.

I am OK with Hamels OR Pappelbon making the team. But both? Pappelbon isnt even putting up near-elite numbers. K-CYa is an elite closer this year (by the numbers), but I am OK with his snub. But in not to by replaced by Papps. I just dont get that one.

I had Panda and Freese basically even when I put my team together, but went with Freese because he is StL. Freese is on the final ballot, but he has no chance against Chipper or Harper.

Beechy missed the roster? TRAVESTY!!! Dude is a beasty.

I am OK with Chapman (based on stuff and name, mainly), Desmond (he was on my short-list) and Bruce. LaHair, I do not understand. Maybe a respect nod to the journeyman making a mark on the game?

We all saw Bum and Vogey missing out. Sucks, but not surprising. But where is McDonald of Pittsburgh? Give the Burgh some love, man!! Two players is nice, even if it is a bit of a reach with McCutchins based on numbers (heck, I had him on my squad too), but they are having a great year. Let's try to revitalize the game in that city!

I figured Beachy was off because he's out for the season, but he should've been voted on first you're right. And no McDonald/Cueto/Vogelsong is just ridiculous. It's a shame really all 3 of those guys are pitching Top-10 so far this season, yet some dude (Lynn) who is maybe In the Top-40 is on the squad over them. That's just bullshit.

And Cole Hamels is good no doubt but not as deserving as any of those 3 guys either.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LOL, Mets' fan:

such monumental douchebags
Why? Why get your suckass player into the lineup over a deserving player? I get that Sandoval is decent, but he’s clearly undeserving. You didn’t see Met fans banding together to get, say, Josh Thole on the team just because he’s a Met. they just want to feel responsible for fucking around with the lineup. It validates them somehow to do something in their underwear that alters events unfolding on television. Shits. Sink California.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the Giants give their All-Stars special patches for the reg uni's again this year?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Will the Giants give their All-Stars special patches for the reg uni's again this year?

Yes, something like this in orange and black:

bot.jpg

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:D Matt Cain named NL starter

We get an all Giants battery to start the game.