• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: 49ers vs Rams

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw it. Time to start another streak. Shooting the load early.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be able to take advantage of their CBs. Our biggest problem is probably Rachal playing.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder has a pulled hamstring. Too early to call if he plays.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bj:

A game to be won of course.... but not a redeem game...

The redeem game comes 12/19 @ the stick...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. Going to be very, very tough to win that one though since Pittsburg's strengths are the 49ers' weaknesses.

That'll be a game where the Niners, IMO, will know where they'll stand in regards to contention. Yes, anything could happen, but beating the Steelers whether its lopsided, a shootout or a nail bitter will do so much for the niners' mentality and their confidence level. Plus, if we can't beat the steelers, we will not beat the Packers.

It's a playoff game and they should take it seriously.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That'll be a game where the Niners, IMO, will know where they'll stand in regards to contention. Yes, anything could happen, but beating the Steelers whether its lopsided, a shootout or a nail bitter will do so much for the niners' mentality and their confidence level. Plus, if we can't beat the steelers, we will not beat the Packers.

It's a playoff game and they should take it seriously.

I would love to win this game but if they don't I won't be too down. There are no defensive powerhouses in the NFC so all the 49ers have to do is win the games they should win the rest of the regular season and get the #2 seed. If they do that they are going to be two weeks rested at home against a team coming in on the road who just finished a playoff game the Sunday prior. They should win that game. Then it would be on to Green Bay and I have to tell you I was not that impressed with GB against Detroit. They are not as fearsome as I thought they were. The 49ers would only have to get lucky once (in GB) to get to the Super Bowl and then who knows? Stranger things have happened. I'd say the 49ers are right where they need to be.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to win this game but if they don't I won't be too down. There are no defensive powerhouses in the NFC so all the 49ers have to do is win the games they should win the rest of the regular season and get the #2 seed. If they do that they are going to be two weeks rested at home against a team coming in on the road who just finished a playoff game the Sunday prior. They should win that game. Then it would be on to Green Bay and I have to tell you I was not that impressed with GB against Detroit. They are not as fearsome as I thought they were. The 49ers would only have to get lucky once (in GB) to get to the Super Bowl and then who knows? Stranger things have happened. I'd say the 49ers are right where they need to be.

Correct that there aren't any defensive powerhouses in the NFC to really worry about. The Giants and maybe Cowboys are the only two defenses that I would be concern with given their pass rushers(but we've shown to handle the giants quite well)

Beating the Steelers beats a team with
A) A former SB QB with high playmaking ability with both arm and leg
B) defended well against playmaking WRs with the ability to break off routes and create space
C) Denied another form of the running game with a high profile RB
D) Survived and outplayed a well formed and aggressive 3-4 defense that has had prior success...

We beat the Steelers means (IMO) success in those 4 pts... If we do that, I would be A LOT happier heading into Lambeau vs the Pack

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed, we lost to two 34 defense teams.... interesting... maybe too interesting?

AZ don't count as a threat(sorry Cards fan, no disrespect)

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like for Aldon to step into the starting role this week. Last game he was only one that put any pressure on the qb, again. He had aother nice tfl against the run too, for good messure. PH isn't that much better in coverage to where he should be on the field so many more snaps than Aldon, imo. We're going to need that penetration that AS brings to the field as we inch closer to the postseason. Get him in now, if he's that much of a liability in coverage you can always make the change back.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens left a bad taste in the the 49ers mouth on thursday that we havent tasted since week 2. They will want to win this game badly! Go 49ers!

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Darn. I'm now going with a 17 to 6 49er victory. Realizing that Rachal is playing, the Defense understands that every man must do extra and rises up with a stellar defensive effort to hold the Rams out of the end zone.

This ties to something I've been thinking about the last few wins.

In, I believe 3 wins of our last 4 (Cleveland, Washington, Arizona), possibly more, we have given up a late TD when the game was over. What does this say, if anything, about our defense?

Also, what does a game where the 49ers win in a blowout look like? Obviously the TB game was a blowout, but I think you could argue that we blew out the Redskins, Browns, and definitely the Cardinals.
I don't think a blowout necessarily means winning by 28. It's a game where from early on, it's not in doubt. Our offense isn't going to score enough to win a game by 28, but if we win 24-13 giving up a late score, I'm comfortable saying we blew them out if the game was never really in doubt. With our defense, I think that's a safe statement.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This ties to something I've been thinking about the last few wins.

In, I believe 3 wins of our last 4 (Cleveland, Washington, Arizona), possibly more, we have given up a late TD when the game was over. What does this say, if anything, about our defense?

Also, what does a game where the 49ers win in a blowout look like? Obviously the TB game was a blowout, but I think you could argue that we blew out the Redskins, Browns, and definitely the Cardinals.
I don't think a blowout necessarily means winning by 28. It's a game where from early on, it's not in doubt. Our offense isn't going to score enough to win a game by 28, but if we win 24-13 giving up a late score, I'm comfortable saying we blew them out if the game was never really in doubt. With our defense, I think that's a safe statement.

Agreed. I'd put the Ravens game in this category as well. Though close on the scoreboard, the outcome never seemed in doubt.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Last year we needed to beat St. Louis to get in the playoffs and we didn’t. We won’t go in Sunday being comfortable. We’re going to try to put them in the dirt,” — tight end Delanie Walker.

Interesting that securing a spot in the playoffs the last two years has come down to a game against the Rams. I love where the team attitude is at... they know they let it slip away a year ago and intend to bury the Rams on Sunday.