• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

gawd this team sucks

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frazier could just stick the damned bat out there and let the ball hit it with men on 2nd and 3rd for ... what ... the 8th time since Monday.

This is a team that can't win. Sorry, but there is no there-there for this outfit. At least Gregg didn't get Hamilton killed on that rocket to center field.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky the middle of the order can't hit fastballs.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is doomed with the bats of Bruce and Hamilton. Neither can hit for enough average to warrant the playing time. We keep waiting and hoping for Bruce to be the superstar he has been tagged to be but he continues to swing at bad pitches and hit .190. Much of the same goes with BH. How can you hit in the top of the order batting .200? This team can never win with these people not hitting. The pitching is another mind boggling disaster. The bullpen is as bad as I have seen it in 15 years yet we have a flamethrower in the closer role that can rarely see the field. I said it before and I say it against--ship out about 3-4 of the losers and rebuild this damn team.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worse, the Reds chose to extend the one pitcher who will not throw again until at least this time next year.
The No. 1 catcher will not squat for an inning the rest of the season and isn't hurt badly enough to be on the DL. So he waits for a chance once every 4 games, to draw a semi-intentional walk as a pinch hitter so the opponent can face Hamilton, knowing the guy won't reach base.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is all sorts of f****d.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are one thing out of their control, and you could argue payroll limitations, but there is a lot of stupid choices made in this team. The Chapman decision is one I'll never understand. It makes zero sense to keep Mesoraco on the bench, denying a healthy player a spot occupied by him. If he's injured, DL him and fix him.

Someone had to design this pitching staff...on purpose. Enough said there.

Hamilton needs to bunt more, especially dragging down the 1b line instead if pushing to the left side. Frazier is back to lunging out in front of bouncers in the dirt instead of pounding fastballs. Bruce was always a swingaholic, but the last 2 seasons, he has become more selective at the plate-unfortunately, he swjngs at fewer strikes now, but still chases the pitch a foot inside and doesnt often try to go oppage on the rare outside pitch he makes contact with. Everyone sees that but guys in Reds uniforms I guess. Phillips is an embarrassingly powerless middle of the order hitter, but the complete ineptitude of others with more power force him into that role I suppose.

It's hard to be a fan right now.