• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gasol pulls a Kobe

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan many of those players are free agents looking for their next team. You can kind of see why they would do that. I am not defending it, but again, everyone wants a payday, especially the younger free agents

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how young you are or when you start watching sports, but leaders expressing their frustrations with the team is not throwing them under the bus.

At first, I thought people said kobe throw his teammates under the bus when he does this, just hated kobe, but now I see they just dont understand what some leaders do when things are goin wrong.

Leaders keep it in house because they are mature and respectful of their coaches and teammates.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please keep Dantoni until seasons end so we can get the highest draft choice possible this year and then get Kobe back next year and have enough money for a max free agent or two and we will be looking like the lakers again

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please keep Dantoni until seasons end so we can get the highest draft choice possible this year and then get Kobe back next year and have enough money for a max free agent or two and we will be looking like the lakers again

Yep, I've been saying all along that in just over a year's time we could have:

Dante Exum
Kobe
Gasol
Love

and a new coach.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are counting Kobe like he will be a positive on court presence next year at the age of 36 coming off an achilles rupture and broken knee. Marc Gasol definitely will be a positive on court presence next year though. Now if you guys can just figure out how to get him and 2 max FAs in this offseason.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan many of those players are free agents looking for their next team. You can kind of see why they would do that. I am not defending it, but again, everyone wants a payday, especially the younger free agents

I agree 100% and that is exactly what Pau was addressing. He was basically taking the opportunity to teach them a little something about being professionals. He didn't mention any names and he said "we". As a team leader and respected veteran, it was his responsibility to speak up.

I don't necessarily agree with him saying it publically, but even at that, we don't know if he had already addressed it in the locker room and decided to speak up publically to get the desired response. I do know that even though they lost, they played better last night than they did in Indy. Hell, he even had D'Antoni yelling at them about defense last night. :lol:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaders keep it in house because they are mature and respectful of their coaches and teammates.

I guess you haven't been paying attention to sports in your lifetime.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% and that is exactly what Pau was addressing. He was basically taking the opportunity to teach them a little something about being professionals. He didn't mention any names and he said "we". As a team leader and respected veteran, it was his responsibility to speak up.

I don't necessarily agree with him saying it publically, but even at that, we don't know if he had already addressed it in the locker room and decided to speak up publically to get the desired response. I do know that even though they lost, they played better last night than they did in Indy. Hell, he even had D'Antoni yelling at them about defense last night. :lol:

:shocked:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you haven't been paying attention to sports in your lifetime.

You have already made that insinuation. I responded.

I acknowledge that some players keep it in house and some don't. Some even have slip ups who normally keep it in house and others who throw all their shit out there and every body else's even try to keep it in house and fail. I understand and have seen all of that.

It does not mean that one action is not superior and another is not immature and dysfunctional.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have already made that insinuation. I responded.

I acknowledge that some players keep it in house and some don't. Some even have slip ups who normally keep it in house and others who throw all their shit out there and every body else's even try to keep it in house and fail. I understand and have seen all of that.

It does not mean that one action is not superior and another is not immature and dysfunctional.

There's a way to criticize your team publically and a way not to. Pau did it right. He mentioned no one by name and said "we".

When Kobe did it and mentioned teammates by name, that was wrong (although he did learn it from Phil Jackson). When Kobe did it the way Pau did, that was the correct way.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I always hated Mike D and was mad when the Lakers hired him, but lets not get carried away. Injuries are the main reason why the Lakers are so bad. Lets not act like Mike D failed with talent.

But he did fail last year with talent. The team still doesnt play defense which is a coaching thing more than talent. The couple of games I caught it looked like a layup line for the other team.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he did fail last year with talent. The team still doesnt play defense which is a coaching thing more than talent. The couple of games I caught it looked like a layup line for the other team.

Not really though - and while I would love to say Howard was to blame for a lot of things, the truth is he was not a good fit for the Lakers and he was not 100% and never was til the season was over. Th Lakers got into a huge hole merely five games into the season and never recovered. Phil Jackson would have been a much better choice for coach - wait a minute - I just agreed with you - never mind - lol

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The lack of youth and athleticism didn't help but last year Dwight had a bad back for just about the entire season and by the time the playoffs rolled around the roster looked like nothing compared to what we thought we were getting on paper.

No coach would have succeeded these past 2 years if given these injuries (I believe the Lakers led the league in injuries last year too). While I don't particularly like D'Antoni, there's not much choice at the moment and he hasn't exactly been given a fair chance just yet.

Besides, we're shooting for a top draft position and he can help us get there.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the thing with me about Mike D. I never liked him, but he has a good excuse with all these injuries.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the thing with me about Mike D. I never liked him, but he has a good excuse with all these injuries.

I agree. As I've said before, I'm not convinced D'Antoni is the coach to return the Lakers to a title and I'm not sure that he isn't. But he at least deserves a fair shot.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF has been the voice of reason in LA these days. Mike D has been in the league how long? How many trips to playoffs? Not a win in almost 10 years in post season?

No, he did not waste the assets on old players, but his love for Nash of ten years earlier clouded him and Buss.

Its time to rebuild

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. As I've said before, I'm not convinced D'Antoni is the coach to return the Lakers to a title and I'm not sure that he isn't. But he at least deserves a fair shot.

It would be a miracle for D'antoni to get even close with Kobe and Gasol because he does not know how to use Gasol effectively. Granted he has done better, but he prefers pick and roll with an emphasis on peremiter shooting, small ball and no in the paint. Gasol belongs in the paint under that basket as much as possible, but no -DumbToni will not have that. The results are in the standings - you might say the injuries gives him an excuse but I DON'T because it demonstrates his inability to develop other players to play in the face of diversity and still get it down. Granted there is no way the Lakers would have won a championship or been a contender, but that's no excuse for being the worst team in the Western conference.

I give D'antoni a D minus for his performance for this year

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a miracle for D'antoni to get even close with Kobe and Gasol because he does not know how to use Gasol effectively. Granted he has done better, but he prefers pick and roll with an emphasis on peremiter shooting, small ball and no in the paint. Gasol belongs in the paint under that basket as much as possible, but no -DumbToni will not have that. The results are in the standings - you might say the injuries gives him an excuse but I DON'T because it demonstrates his inability to develop other players to play in the face of diversity and still get it down. Granted there is no way the Lakers would have won a championship or been a contender, but that's no excuse for being the worst team in the Western conference.

I give D'antoni a D minus for his performance for this year

Do you read posts? It has been described for you in multiple posts across multiple threads. Gasol has done better because he has adjusted his game and D'Antoni has adjusted his offense. It took some time because Gasol has never played in an offense like this and D'Antoni has never had a big with Gasol's skills.

As for why their record is what it is, apparently you missed out on all of the injuries that they've had this year.